Bitcoin Forum
December 14, 2017, 04:14:01 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do I need?  (Read 555 times)
frankzro

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 04:53:05 PM

Hello, I am some what new to this.

I need a list of items I need to get a Rig up and running. I know the rig is not going to be cheap , but that is life right?

If anyone can provide a list of components.

Yes, I know I need a computer that will have a PSU, Processor and RAM, Fans and all that... but  I want to Mine Coins with X6500 Custom FPGA Miner and I don't really know how to use it. HELP ME!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1190

Will read PM's. Have more time lately

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 02:12:43 AM

Hello, I am some what new to this.

I need a list of items I need to get a Rig up and running. I know the rig is not going to be cheap , but that is life right?

If anyone can provide a list of components.

Yes, I know I need a computer that will have a PSU, Processor and RAM, Fans and all that... but  I want to Mine Coins with X6500 Custom FPGA Miner and I don't really know how to use it. HELP ME!
First, state your budget. Then take a look at here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison
The computer itself doesn't need to be high powered at all, you just need a lot of PCIE ports if you want to run a GPU rig, and a shitty CPU will do. RAM and etc is out from the equation. A powerful PSU is needed, though.
If you want to run a FPGA /ASIC rig, the only thing you need to consider is the FPGA/ASIC itself. Just hook it up to a spare USB at a computer will do.

My BTC Tip Jar: 1Pgvfy19uwtYe5o9dg3zZsAjgCPt3XZqz9 , GPG ID: B3AAEEB0 ,OTC ID: johnthedong
Escrow service is available on a case by case basis! (PM Me to verify I'm the escrow!)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.