January 15, 2015, 02:33:01 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2016, 02:49:56 AM by Ronin_sv

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 02:36:38 PM

I don't think you even need to spend that much really, you can downgrade things like the motherboard because really you just need that to slot in everything unless you're looking for something special and yes, I realise having looked at it a bit more that SSD's do stuff but I think until they become more affordable they aren't a must have just yet.

I also personally use an ATI CPU which is quite a bit cheaper, FX 8350 Eight core 4.0ghz and it easily runs Battlefield 4 etc. ( when it has a proper graphics card Tongue ), it all just depends on whether your bothered about spending a lot of money I guess.
JimClone

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 04:03:48 PM

Very nice setups. I go with the most expensive if you got the money because technology becomes quickly outdated but with that system you should be running up to Battlefield 7.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 04:57:23 PM

I don't think you even need to spend that much really, you can downgrade things like the motherboard because really you just need that to slot in everything unless you're looking for something special and yes, I realise having looked at it a bit more that SSD's do stuff but I think until they become more affordable they aren't a must have just yet.

I also personally use an ATI CPU which is quite a bit cheaper, FX 8350 Eight core 4.0ghz and it easily runs Battlefield 4 etc. ( when it has a proper graphics card Tongue ), it all just depends on whether your bothered about spending a lot of money I guess.
Well ideally you don't want to go cheap on the mobo, you want it to be durable and with solid components. I once thought the same "its just to fit in shit" but I went cheaper and after 2 years one of my RAM slots was fried.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 05:35:43 PM

In my opinion buying that expensive gaming rig is not good at all. Technology is fast moving and in a year this hardware will be available at half price. If you buy gaming computer for 1/3 of that price you will be able to play every game on highest detail nonetheless.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 06:15:54 PM

Well ideally you don't want to go cheap on the mobo, you want it to be durable and with solid components. I once thought the same "its just to fit in shit" but I went cheaper and after 2 years one of my RAM slots was fried.

I suppose, but components can fail all the time, I don't know enough about motherboards though to really say whether it was that or just the RAM failing but I've had just the RAM fail on me before and the motherboard worked fine. Problem is of course with some of this stuff you practically have to be capable of building these components yourself to truly understand that.

My main point is though, that rig seems pretty expensive for the amount of performance it gives Tongue
Ronin_sv (OP)

Activity: 355

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 12:16:37 AM

There is always a chance for failure of hardware.
And it doesn't matter who made it. Asus have crappy mobos in value segment as well.

This ASrock mobo is very good in terms of components and quality. The quality of this mobo is the same as Asus Z97-A and PRO mainstream series have.
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 05:15:01 AM

While a SSD isn't going to get you better in-game performance, it's so much nicer having games load in 10 seconds vs lagging out your computer for a whole minute, as well as snappier general performance.  It's definitely worth at least having a small one for the OS and most intense games

Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:37:14 AM

A what CPU?

ATI has been defunct for some time now and last I checked, they made graphics cards.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Cryptonitex

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 06:59:18 AM

A what CPU?

ATI has been defunct for some time now and last I checked, they made graphics cards.

ATI made GPS's, but a while back, AMD bought ATI and rebranded them as Radeon. For gaming, and servers AMD, and Radeon are the #1 choice. For everyday usage, and workstations Intel has the higher end.

Loyal fan of AMD myself.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 08:38:21 AM

Sorry! I mistyped! I meant AMD! lol Cheesy I was tired when I wrote that, yes ATI are for GPUs indeed.
The Bad Guy

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 10:57:42 AM

Bидeo:
http://youtu.be/2QIqFRo2kXk

This video is about gaming PC build for 4K resolution (3840 × 2160).
I propose 2 options of this build. One for 1800$ another for 1527$.
Both are very good and powerful. This build will easily handle any game in 4K resolution.

Is it me or It's PC's are just getting too expensive , Today I saw an Alienware PC costs about 10k $ I guess it's too expensive
you can build your own PC just like you said for a lot cheaper Smiley
thanks for the share mate

Ombamaq

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 10:58:58 AM

Sorry! I mistyped! I meant AMD! lol Cheesy I was tired when I wrote that, yes ATI are for GPUs indeed.

Please take a rest sir Smiley
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 11:39:54 AM

Already have which is why I corrected it Tongue The markets are going crazy right now and keeping me busy.
Mewtwo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

ROAD TO HEAVEN...

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 11:49:37 AM

Why i7 when i5 is so much cheaper and can get overclocked a lot?

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 12:51:54 PM

Amazon prices? Then the calculation is ridiculous. Most of the people in the world do not have access to such prices.
Anyhow this setup is not enough for true 4k Gaming. Unless you want play to run lower settings.  Cheesy  Roll Eyes

I'm not even gonna go in the details on how this setup is not even decent. This is obviously a way to promote your channel. Enjoy dislike spam now.
Why i7 when i5 is so much cheaper and can get overclocked a lot?
Some of the current games have a minimum requirement of i5 CPUs. It's just not enough for everything maxed on 4k. It would cause a bottleneck.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Ronin_sv (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:26:27 PM

Is it me or It's PC's are just getting too expensive , Today I saw an Alienware PC costs about 10k $ I guess it's too expensive
you can build your own PC just like you said for a lot cheaper Smiley
thanks for the share mate

You are welcome! Smiley

Alienware takes it's money for brand, marketing and design. Overall you can get the same performance for much less money.
I don't like Alienware because they always try to up sell some garbage to you which looks like cool stuff.
For the same amount of performance they ask at least 3000$. 
Ronin_sv (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:31:11 PM

Amazon prices? Then the calculation is ridiculous. Most of the people in the world do not have access to such prices.
Anyhow this setup is not enough for true 4k Gaming. Unless you want play to run lower settings.  Cheesy  Roll Eyes

All settings maxed-out. AA-off. One doesn't need Anti-aliasing on 4K. The pixel size is ted - you don't see difference. 

I'm not even gonna go in the details on how this setup is not even decent. This is obviously a way to promote your channel. Enjoy dislike spam now.

All I want is to share my info and knowledge with people. But anyway thanks for your time. Take care.
jsmit332

Activity: 792
Merit: 1001

Video editing • Animated GIFs • Graphic Design

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 11:43:48 AM

Wow, what a beautiful computer!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 12:07:22 PM

Anyhow this setup is not enough for true 4k Gaming. Unless you want play to run lower settings.  Cheesy  Roll Eyes

All settings maxed-out. AA-off. One doesn't need Anti-aliasing on 4K. The pixel size is ted - you don't see difference. 

All I want is to share my info and knowledge with people. But anyway thanks for your time. Take care.
Well either your sight isn't excellent (most people's isn't, nothing big) or your 4k monitors aren't top notch.
The difference is there. The GPUs are weak for high demanding games to run high FPS.

There is no need for such nonsense as there are way too many people sharing their "knowledge" (they think that they know what they are talking about, usually they don't). I'd recommend promoting your channel in a different way.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: