Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:51:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Book release : Blockchain Programming in C# (Part 1)  (Read 31972 times)
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 10:59:35 PM

Made me laugh when I saw your article with 60 vote + on reddit.

I announced it 3 days ago it has been completely ignored.
I guess that's the difference between a real good blogger and a nerd like me Cheesy

Well I wasn't trying to steal your spotlight, I just wanted to raise some awareness about your book Smiley

But I'm glad it is getting some attention, we need more books like this Smiley

once the second and third book are available, please let me know via email (jdebunt@cryptoarticles.com) Smiley
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nicolas Dorier (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 621

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 11:00:46 PM

Made me laugh when I saw your article with 60 vote + on reddit.

I announced it 3 days ago it has been completely ignored.
I guess that's the difference between a real good blogger and a nerd like me Cheesy

Well I wasn't trying to steal your spotlight, I just wanted to raise some awareness about your book Smiley

But I'm glad it is getting some attention, we need more books like this Smiley

once the second and third book are available, please let me know via email (jdebunt@cryptoarticles.com) Smiley

Ahah no that's fine, I'm glad you managed to get attention, I'll send you a tip please give me your address. Wink
I did not managed to get the spotlight anyway, saying you stole it is far fetched. Cheesy
I'll send you the mail. Smiley

Bitcoin address 15sYbVpRh6dyWycZMwPdxJWD4xbfxReeHe
Meanotor

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:57:52 AM

Just paid. I wish you had put a QR code so it could be scanned, I had to type in your wallet address.

Edit: i paid as soon as i got to the payment page, now that i am past i realize that i had to pay via exercise and OP_RETURN, I hope the outcome of you getting paid being the same in both methods makes both approaches valid Wink
nextblast

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:14:39 AM

Wow, nice job. Thank you for this excellent book, Nicolas Dorier.
I'm addicted to C# and I like the brilliant idea of blockchain. Now your book combined both of them. Am I dreaming?  Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin

Looking forward for the last 2 parts!
Nicolas Dorier (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:35:55 PM

Just paid. I wish you had put a QR code so it could be scanned, I had to type in your wallet address.

Edit: i paid as soon as i got to the payment page, now that i am past i realize that i had to pay via exercise and OP_RETURN, I hope the outcome of you getting paid being the same in both methods makes both approaches valid Wink

The challenge is for the fun, the next part will be public anyway. (but those who managed to do the challenge will get it first... but since they will share it, it won't last long Smiley)

I have seen you payment, if you want to do the challenge, I can refund it to you, and you send them back with the OP_RETURN.
Just give me a signed message I verify your are the owner of the address if you want the refund and try the challenge. (very easy)

KillerTank

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:04:06 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 10:19:31 PM by KillerTank

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but I need some help...

I just found this book, and I'm really excited to get started! I am familiar with Java and Visual Studio, but have ZERO C# experience. In visual studio, after I install the reference NBitcoin, the bitcoin keywords (Key, PubKey, BitcoinAddress... etc) are not highlighting as reserved/recognized keywords... Is there a step I am missing? The microsoft forum was completely useless...  Undecided

I get this error when trying to debug:

Error   1   Cannot embed interop types from assembly 'f:\Bitcoin\ProgrammingBitcoin1\packages\NBitcoin.1.0.7.18\lib\net45\NBitcoin.dll' because it is missing either the 'ImportedFromTypeLibAttribute' attribute or the 'PrimaryInteropAssemblyAttribute' attribute   f:\Bitcoin\ProgrammingBitcoin1\packages\NBitcoin.1.0.7.18\lib\net45\NBitcoin.dll   ProgrammingBitcoin1

I switched the embed interop typse back and forth from true and false, but the keywords still don't highlight, and i get a different error for each keyword saying the namespace cannot be found.
Meanotor

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:04:17 PM

No it's ok, if I paid for it and others will get it free I have no problem with that Smiley

Thanks again.
Nicolas Dorier (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:08:39 PM

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but I need some help...

I just found this book, and I'm really excited to get started! I am familiar with Java and Visual Studio, but have ZERO C# experience. In visual studio, after I install the reference NBitcoin, the bitcoin keywords (Key, PubKey, BitcoinAddress... etc) are not highlighting as reserved/recognized keywords... Is there a step I am missing? The microsoft forum was completely useless...  Undecided

You need to include the "namespace" with the "using" keyword. (packages is java's equivalent)
Follow Channel9 videos for C# beginner, it is awesome. http://channel9.msdn.com/Series/C-Sharp-Fundamentals-Development-for-Absolute-Beginners

fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:15:27 PM

right on, I was just talking with someone about this exact topic... I need to learn more... lol a lot more Wink and this could be a great start. I'll check it out for sure.

you should sell it in the gaiacoin app store (and any other coin with a built in app store) the more people that learn the better Cheesy

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
Nicolas Dorier (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:21:16 PM

right on, I was just talking with someone about this exact topic... I need to learn more... lol a lot more Wink and this could be a great start. I'll check it out for sure.

you should sell it in the gaiacoin app store (and any other coin with a built in app store) the more people that learn the better Cheesy

You can do it, it is public domain. Smiley
It is far from being finished though. It only covered the first part which is yet the tip of the iceberg. Also, my english is not perfect it is under review.

fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:02:28 AM

You can do it, it is public domain. Smiley
It is far from being finished though. It only covered the first part which is yet the tip of the iceberg. Also, my english is not perfect it is under review.

K, I'll keep that in mind while I'm reading it Smiley

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:22:48 AM

You are a highly productive individual, Nicolas.  Congrats on the Blockchain Programming in C# book!

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
techman
Legendary

Activity: 1020
Merit: 1027

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:18:30 PM

I am reading, thank you Smiley

Nicolas Dorier (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:17:01 PM

No it's ok, if I paid for it and others will get it free I have no problem with that

Meanotor , since some other people sent some tips without OP_RETURN, I decided that I needed to show them some love on http://blockchainprogramming.azurewebsites.net/
However, they are referred as "Lazy Donators". Wink

mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 11:51:20 AM

Thanks, this is great! Will donate soon!
Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 12:02:23 PM

No it's ok, if I paid for it and others will get it free I have no problem with that

Meanotor , since some other people sent some tips without OP_RETURN, I decided that I needed to show them some love on http://blockchainprogramming.azurewebsites.net/

The book is pretty awesome and helpful to be honest . Do you mind if I write about it on my blog once I have sometime ? I will give you all the credit of course .
By the way , I wanted to ask you about the release of the second part is it anytime soon or it may some time ? Smiley

~ Madness.

Nicolas Dorier (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:45:25 PM

The book is pretty awesome and helpful to be honest . Do you mind if I write about it on my blog once I have sometime ? I will give you all the credit of course .
By the way , I wanted to ask you about the release of the second part is it anytime soon or it may some time ? Smiley

~ Madness.

Hey, sure go ahead the value of my work increase every time someone shares it. (It is why it is free by the way Wink)

I am writing the second part, I intend to release in beginning of March.
I will do some cool stuff with colored coins, and will connect to the network for more interesting stuff. I will also talk about SPV.

The last part, the third will go on more advanced topics like micro payment channels with OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY, share coin, and how to implement a hub for asking transaction signature accross several participants. (multi sig or not)

By the way I updated the book several time since the beginning, so if you downloaded it long time ago, re download it to get the updated part.

legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 04:36:54 AM

A very interesting and impressive step here Mr Nicolas, have you considered translating the currently published book and/or future ones into other languages ? is that even a possibility ?

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
Nicolas Dorier (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 12:30:46 PM

A very interesting and impressive step here Mr Nicolas, have you considered translating the currently published book and/or future ones into other languages ? is that even a possibility ?
My time is better spent coding and writing about what I know, so I won't translate it myself, even in my own language.

However, since the book is public domain, if someone wants to do it and publish it himself commercially or not, I'm fine with it, as long as he gives me credits for as the author.

So the question is more : does a good translator will do it ? And I have no idea, but this is a possibility.
Also, the book will change a lot until I finished the 3 parts, so it does not make sense to start translating right now.

Even NBitcoin changes as I write. This is a funny thing that I find way to improve NBitcoin only when I write about it. When I struggle explaining some concept, most of the time, it forces me to refactor stuff in NBitcoin to explain more easily.

Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 12:35:49 PM

My time is better spent coding and writing about what I know, so I won't translate it myself, even in my own language.

However, since the book is public domain, if someone wants to do it and publish it himself commercially or not, I'm fine with it, as long as he gives me credits for as the author.

So the question is more : does a good translator will do it ? And I have no idea, but this is a possibility.
Also, the book will change a lot until I finished the 3 parts, so it does not make sense to start translating right now.

Yeah , looking at the screenshots that you posted (if you took them your self) I will say you are from France probably .
I have no problem translating this eBook to be honest to Arabic,French (since it's in english right now) but I guess I will wait till the three parts comes out , I guess it will be a good timing because I will probably finish my studies and be in holiday once you finish the book . so just let me know .

~ Madness

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: