Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:37:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New US Gov evidence links Mark Karpeles to Silk Road. Do you think he's guilty?  (Read 936 times)
b!z (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:26:33 PM

Take a look at this whois lookup for mtgox.com and silkroadmarket.org. As you can see, the Silk Road's public website and Mt Gox were hosted on the same servers.

I think there's a possibility that Karpeles will be found guilty. I did not expect this evidence coming up at all. What do you think about this story?

And here's the full story if you haven't read it yet: http://www.coinbuzz.com/2015/01/15/mt-goxs-mark-karpeles-behind-silk-road/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
b!z (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 08:56:51 PM

Right now I am starting to think it's unlikely that Karpeles will be found guilty for Ulbricht's charges of money laundering, drug trafficking etc. as there has been no concrete evidence so far.
ivonna

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 09:11:25 PM

Right now I am starting to think it's unlikely that Karpeles will be found guilty for Ulbricht's charges of money laundering, drug trafficking etc. as there has been no concrete evidence so far.
I would agree. Plus if a purchase of silk road did take place then it would likely have happened via bitcoin that was sent through a tumbler and communication done via tor so there would likely be no historical link to Karpeles.

IMO if the feds want any chance of catching someone running a dark market site they will need to catch him "red handed" which they did Ross. If Ross is able to get out of his charges then they will likely not be able to convict anyone for running SR1

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, double dice] ↑↓
cheekychap

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 09:13:40 PM

Yeah, I don't think he will be proven to be guilty for it. He would have covered up perfectly, even if he was involved.

newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 10:57:13 PM

MK's response: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/01/15/exclusive-bitcoin-tycoon-mark-karpeles-denies-being-dread-pirate-roberts.html

“I’m not a pirate nor a fraudster. Nor, for the record, am I the creator of Bitcoin, the elusive Satoshi Nakamoto.”

gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 11:24:13 PM

MK's response: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/01/15/exclusive-bitcoin-tycoon-mark-karpeles-denies-being-dread-pirate-roberts.html

“I’m not a pirate nor a fraudster. Nor, for the record, am I the creator of Bitcoin, the elusive Satoshi Nakamoto.”

i think i would vomit if karpeles were satoshi, then bitcoin would be a ponzi scheme!

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
drkman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 11:33:42 PM

i think i would vomit if karpeles were satoshi, then bitcoin would be a ponzi scheme!
But it would make for an epic movie plot!
cozk

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:02:26 AM

ivonna

Activity: 139

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 03:44:13 AM

Yeah, I don't think he will be proven to be guilty for it. He would have covered up perfectly, even if he was involved.
I would highly doubt this. He was not exactly what most people would call a security expert. He did have a lot of resources and very few (none) people had intimate access to Gox's wallets/internal security

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, double dice] ↑↓
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 04:42:15 AM

I don't think he looks in the mirror very often by virtue of his weight and his ethics/morals. You'd think at some point you'd realize your wrongdoing and/or get yourself a membership at a gym and find the nearest treadmill and make it your friend for a year. It's like he's been on a diet of double cheeseburgers and chili fries for years all the while trying to get back at people for being bullied as a youngster. I'd be surprised if he can lose any weight after what he's done the last few years to others' financial aspects. Unless, he's worried about prosecution and spending eternity w/ the big boy gang inside the big house would he be scared shitless and having no appetite whatsoever.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 10:42:03 AM

Take a look at this whois lookup for mtgox.com and silkroadmarket.org. As you can see, the Silk Road's public website and Mt Gox were hosted on the same servers.

I think there's a possibility that Karpeles will be found guilty. I did not expect this evidence coming up at all. What do you think about this story?

And here's the full story if you haven't read it yet: http://www.coinbuzz.com/2015/01/15/mt-goxs-mark-karpeles-behind-silk-road/

If they find him guilty i want my coins from US government or from MK's personal stash.   

He will have to buy his way out of this i guess.
TheDreadPirateDickstein

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 03:47:18 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8uhBrqeD-A

Es bleiben im Raum...John Mohan, Roger Ver, Andre de Castro...and Adam Kokesh......

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    delicia | delicia.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Global Food Network | World's Only Solution to Food Wastage | Join Whitelist Now, Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Whitepaper | Telegram | Medium | Twitter | FB | ANN    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 04:08:59 PM

I don't think he looks in the mirror very often by virtue of his weight and his ethics/morals. You'd think at some point you'd realize your wrongdoing and/or get yourself a membership at a gym and find the nearest treadmill and make it your friend for a year. It's like he's been on a diet of double cheeseburgers and chili fries for years all the while trying to get back at people for being bullied as a youngster. I'd be surprised if he can lose any weight after what he's done the last few years to others' financial aspects. Unless, he's worried about prosecution and spending eternity w/ the big boy gang inside the big house would he be scared shitless and having no appetite whatsoever.

to be fair his delts look decent for a fat guy when he flexes them.  look...

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████