Thank you for your support.
I don't support the project. I consider it dead or on life support.
I know, and maybe that's why you criticize it (yes, I'm naive, some other people would say you missed the early adopter period and can't do speculation now with merged mining).
But it is not dead and slowly acquiring new features.
We lack a lot of things to become more popular :
- guys who know how to make buzz, communication (I'm far from good at this, any volunteer ?)
- a software ready for end users (GUI, installer, etc)
- speaking about the project where is it useful (no, domain names are not the only goal)
It's not because there is not as much people as in bitcoin that the project is dead.
If everybody think like that, people wouldn't start new things, take part in the project and would be discouraged by people like you.
What will arrive next is :
- a support for tor domains
- an integrated web search engine for namespaces
- NamecoinBundle with namecoin+nmcontrol
So, people, come and test Namecoin !