Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:44:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam Contest, New Material  (Read 1973 times)
opticbit (OP)

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2012, 10:13:39 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2012, 10:54:38 PM by opticbit

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=10202.0

I was going to post some of this here ^ but the thread is locked.

Was going through my spam box to get an activation code, and found I have some new scams, one of them got my attention for a second, then I kept reading for a laugh...

Lets see some good ones.

I'm not going to put a bounty up for a prize for a new competition, but if anyone else would like to I think it could be fun, maybe make it an anual thing or something. I'll post the things that I got in the next posts.

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
opticbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2012, 10:16:47 PM

This is better than what i have received before.  Still obvious but fun to think about it being true...

Dear Friend,

My name is Capt. John Odierno. An army contractor attached to the US Military force present in lraq for the sole purpose of Reconstruction works in some parts of Iraq. I evaluate the level of offer professional advice inline with the way they intend rebuilding.

During a normal inspection routine along Haifa Street, built and occupied by the late Saddam Hussein while he was still alive and one of the hide outs of the Al Qaeda and Ayman al-Zawahiri forces. I, along side with 2 soldiers proceeded to a marked site and as I commenced evaluation under close guard by the 2 soldiers, I discovered an unusual bulge in a cellar, which I presumed to be storage room and as I proceeded to have a closer look at it, I found several metal boxes (6 in number), we discovered several armored weapons including bullets. One of the boxes was filled with hard drugs (heroine) and one to my amazement was filled with money. Though this is not the first time.

Presently we have the one with money hidden in a safe and untraceable location only known to us.

Please never see this as a scam due to the volume of internet scam these days. l am in desperate need of a reliable and trustworthy person who will receive this box containing the money for us until our assignment ends here. Since Iraq is getting unsafe and more dangerous everyday especially upon the departure of large number of US Military troop, however, we are still here, but will be moving to Afghanistan from Iraq as the last batch just left.

we cannot afford to leave these box here in Iraq for any reason and knowing fully well that these were funds used in sponsoring terrorist.

This is a true story of what we came across here in Iraq. You will only help the DELIVERY AGENT to get the CLEARANCE as soon as they arrive with the box.

If you are interested I will send you the full details, kindly send me an e-mail signifying your interest.

Regard.
Capt. John.

opticbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2012, 10:24:31 PM

they sent this 3 times (maybe more) from an @aol.com e-mail.  I'm going to send them a message to remind them to learn how to spoof FoxMulder@fbi.gov before they try something like this.

Subject: WE THE FBI HAVE WARRANT TO ARREST YOU GET BACK TO US FOR YOUR OWN GOOD

Anti-Terrorist and Monetary Crimes Division
Fbi Headquarters In Washington, D.C.
Federal Bureau Of Investigation
J. Edgar Hoover Building
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, D.C. 20535-0001 Website: www.fbi.gov

Attention, this is the final warning you are going to receive from me do you get me?

I hope youre understand how many times this message has been sent to you?.

We have warned you so many times and you have decided to ignore our e-mails or because you believe we have not been instructed to get you arrested, and today if you
fail to respond back to us with the payment then, we would first send a letter to the mayor of the city where you reside and direct them to close your bank account
until you have been jailed and all your properties will be confiscated by the fbi. We would also send a letter to the company/agency that you are working for so that
they could get you fired until we are through with our investigations because a suspect is not suppose to be working for the government or any private organization.

Your id which we have in our database been sent to all the crimes agencies in America for them to inset you in their website as an internet fraudsters and to warn
people from having any deals with you. This would have been solved all this while if you had gotten the certificate signed, endorsed and stamped as you where
instructed in the e-mail below.this is the federal bureau of investigation (fbi) am writing in response to the e-mail you sent to us and am using this medium to
inform you that there is no more time left to waste because you have been given from the 3rd of January. As stated earlier to have the document endorsed, signed and

stamped without failure and you must adhere to this directives to avoid you blaming yourself at last when we must have arrested and jailed you for life and all your
properties confiscated.

You failed to comply with our directives and that was the reason why we didn't hear from you on the 3rd as our director has already been notified about you get the
process completed yesterday and right now the warrant of arrest has been signed against you and it will be carried out in the next 48hours as strictly signed by the
fbi director. We have investigated and found out that you didn't have any idea when the fraudulent deal was committed with your information's/identity and right now if

you id is placed on our website as a wanted person, i believe you know that it will be a shame to you and your entire family because after then it will be announce in
all the local channels that you are wanted by the fbi. As a good Christian and a honest man, I decided to see how i could be of help to you because i would not be

happy to see you end up in jail and all your properties confiscated all because your information's was used to carry out a fraudulent transactions, i called the efcc

and they directed me to a private attorney who could help you get the process done and he stated that he will endorse, sign and stamp the document at the sum of $98.00

usd only and i believe this process is cheaper for you.

You need to do everything possible within today and tomorrow to get this process done because our director has called to inform me that the warrant of arrest has been
signed against you and once it has been approved, then the arrest will be carried out, and from our investigations we learnt that you were the person that forwarded
your identity to one impostor/fraudsters in Nigeria when he had a deal with you about the transfer of some illegal funds into your bank account which is valued at the
sum of $10.500,000.00 usd.

I pleaded on your behalf so that this agency could give you till 7/9/2012 so that you could get this process done because i learnt that you were sent several e-mail
without getting a response from you, please bear it in mind that this is the only way that i can be able to help you at this moment or you would have to face the law
and its consequences once it has befall on you. You would make the payment through western union money transfer with the below details.

NAME: OBI JACOB
ADDRESS:  LAGOS  NIGERIA
TEXT QUESTION:FOR
ANSWER: YOU
AMOUNT: $98
Senders name======

Send the payment details to me which are senders name and address, mtcn number, text question and answer used and the amount sent. Make sure that you didn't hesitate
making the payment down to the agency by today so that they could have the certificate endorsed, signed and stamped immediately without any further delay. After all
this process has been carried out, then we would have to proceed to the bank for the transfer of your compensation funds which is valued at the sum of $10.500,000.00
usd which was suppose to have been transferred to you all this while.

Note/ all the crimes agencies have been contacted on this regards and we shall trace and arrest you if you disregard this instructions. You are given a grace today to
make the payment for the document after which your failure to do that will attract a maximum arrest and finally you will be appearing in court for act of terrorism,
money laundering and drug trafficking charges, so be warned not to try any thing funny because you are been watched.

THANKS FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION.

ROBERT MUELLER

WASHINGTON DC

J. Edgar Hoover Building

unclemantis

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 10:24:59 PM

I love the wallet.dat check sum validation service. Just upload your wallet.dat and they will check the integrity of your file so that your bitcoins are secure! Free service they say! Even if there was such a service one would have to be a complete idiot to upload an UNENCRYPTED version of their file Tongue

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
unclemantis

Activity: 98

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 10:26:29 PM

they sent this 3 times (maybe more) from an @aol.com e-mail.  I'm going to send them a message to remind them to learn how to spoof FoxMulder@fbi.gov before they try something like this.

Subject: WE THE FBI HAVE WARRANT TO ARREST YOU GET BACK TO US FOR YOUR OWN GOOD

J. Edgar Hoover Building

Attention, this is the final warning you are going to receive from me do you get me?

I hope youre understand how many times this message has been sent to you?.

We have warned you so many times and you have decided to ignore our e-mails or because you believe we have not been instructed to get you arrested, and today if you
fail to respond back to us with the payment then, we would first send a letter to the mayor of the city where you reside and direct them to close your bank account
until you have been jailed and all your properties will be confiscated by the fbi. We would also send a letter to the company/agency that you are working for so that
they could get you fired until we are through with our investigations because a suspect is not suppose to be working for the government or any private organization.

Your id which we have in our database been sent to all the crimes agencies in America for them to inset you in their website as an internet fraudsters and to warn
people from having any deals with you. This would have been solved all this while if you had gotten the certificate signed, endorsed and stamped as you where
instructed in the e-mail below.this is the federal bureau of investigation (fbi) am writing in response to the e-mail you sent to us and am using this medium to
inform you that there is no more time left to waste because you have been given from the 3rd of January. As stated earlier to have the document endorsed, signed and

stamped without failure and you must adhere to this directives to avoid you blaming yourself at last when we must have arrested and jailed you for life and all your
properties confiscated.

You failed to comply with our directives and that was the reason why we didn't hear from you on the 3rd as our director has already been notified about you get the
process completed yesterday and right now the warrant of arrest has been signed against you and it will be carried out in the next 48hours as strictly signed by the
fbi director. We have investigated and found out that you didn't have any idea when the fraudulent deal was committed with your information's/identity and right now if

you id is placed on our website as a wanted person, i believe you know that it will be a shame to you and your entire family because after then it will be announce in
all the local channels that you are wanted by the fbi. As a good Christian and a honest man, I decided to see how i could be of help to you because i would not be

happy to see you end up in jail and all your properties confiscated all because your information's was used to carry out a fraudulent transactions, i called the efcc

and they directed me to a private attorney who could help you get the process done and he stated that he will endorse, sign and stamp the document at the sum of $98.00

usd only and i believe this process is cheaper for you.

You need to do everything possible within today and tomorrow to get this process done because our director has called to inform me that the warrant of arrest has been
signed against you and once it has been approved, then the arrest will be carried out, and from our investigations we learnt that you were the person that forwarded
your identity to one impostor/fraudsters in Nigeria when he had a deal with you about the transfer of some illegal funds into your bank account which is valued at the
sum of $10.500,000.00 usd.

I pleaded on your behalf so that this agency could give you till 7/9/2012 so that you could get this process done because i learnt that you were sent several e-mail
without getting a response from you, please bear it in mind that this is the only way that i can be able to help you at this moment or you would have to face the law
and its consequences once it has befall on you. You would make the payment through western union money transfer with the below details.

NAME: OBI JACOB
ADDRESS:  LAGOS  NIGERIA
TEXT QUESTION:FOR
ANSWER: YOU
AMOUNT: $98
Senders name======

Send the payment details to me which are senders name and address, mtcn number, text question and answer used and the amount sent. Make sure that you didn't hesitate
making the payment down to the agency by today so that they could have the certificate endorsed, signed and stamped immediately without any further delay. After all
this process has been carried out, then we would have to proceed to the bank for the transfer of your compensation funds which is valued at the sum of $10.500,000.00
usd which was suppose to have been transferred to you all this while.

Note/ all the crimes agencies have been contacted on this regards and we shall trace and arrest you if you disregard this instructions. You are given a grace today to
make the payment for the document after which your failure to do that will attract a maximum arrest and finally you will be appearing in court for act of terrorism,
money laundering and drug trafficking charges, so be warned not to try any thing funny because you are been watched.

THANKS FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION.

ROBERT MUELLER

WASHINGTON DC

J. Edgar Hoover Building

I love the broken english LOL!!!!

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
opticbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2012, 10:30:47 PM

Cyber Crimes & Anti-Terrorism Bil 5,
Fomella Street, Off Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent,
Wuse II, P.M.B 166 Garki, Abuja F.C.T.

Legal Alert: New Wire Tapping, Cyber Crimes & Anti-Terrorism Bill In Nigeria

We sincerely apologize for sending you this sensitive information via e-mail instead of a certified mail, phone call or a face-to-face conversation, it is due to the urgency and importance of the security information involve. In the quest to cushion the effect of the global financial crisis, American government through the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Washington, DC and the Internet Crime Complaint Center (ic3) has signed an agreement with Nigeria for an immediate release of all overdue funds presently logged in their treasury and ensure it is disbursed to the rightful beneficiaries in any part of the world. If you the beneficiary would adhere to this notification it will help stabilize the various economies of the world and reduce the effect of this depressing recession.

Prior to this agreement our team of security experts has swung into action for transparency and accountability of this periodic project. The Federal Bureau of Investigation (Global Intelligence, Cyber Division) saddled with the responsibility of monitoring activities going on over the internet have discovered your name in the list of unpaid contractors and it might interest you to know that we have conducted a comprehensive investigation on this discovery as stipulated on our protocol of operation and have confirmed that the inheritance fund was endorsed in your favor and it is 100% genuine and hitch free from all facets. You have the lawful right to contact the appropriate authority to claim your payment without further delay.

Further findings revealed that some corrupt ex- government officials are conniving with some officials of Nigeria Federal Ministry of Finance to change your delivery address and deliver your funds to a strange address in Canada through a man by the name Mr. Andrew Svenkeson who purported to be your cousin, he presented some necessary documentations evidencing your claim purported to have been signed by you the release of your contract fund valued USD $10,700,000.00 (Ten million seven hundred thousand United States dollars).

Mr. Andrew Svenkeson
314 Harwood ave. s unit
Hpo5 Ajax, ont. l1s 2ji, Canada.

As a matter of urgency, you are requested to contact the Delivery Agent to confirm that Mr. Andrew Francis Svenkeson is your true representative, so that the Delivery Agent will deliver immediately to your address: ------------------------------------------------------/tel number---------------------------------------------Passport copy---------------------------If Mr. Andrew Francis Svenkeson is not your cousin/representative ensure you send a disclaimer to us immediately.

Be informed that any delay in reaction to this letter will be assumed that Mr. Andrew Francis Svenkeson is your true representative and the funds will be delivered to his address he has provided. If you need further assistance and direction, contact us via our
Telephone number immediately on +234 8103472518

Yours Faithfully,
Agent Victor Jr.,
Cyber Crimes & Anti-Terrorism Bill In Nigeria.
Tel: + 234 8103472518

opticbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2012, 10:43:15 PM

Hello Dear,

With respect and humble submission, I beg to state the following few lines for your kind consideration, I hope you will spare some of your valuable minutes to read the following appeal with sympathetic mind. I must confess that it is with great hope that I write to you this mail, which I know and believe by faith that it must surely find you in good condition of health. My name is Miss Angela Lisa Kinto, I am 23 years old.

I'm from Liberia and presently I am residing in the refugee camp here in South Africa as a result of the civil war in my country. I was a first year student of law at the university before the incident that led me into this situation of been in refugee camp in South Africa. I'm a very simple, honest, respectful, Caring, sincere and beautiful girl.

My late father Dr. Murvee Kinto was the Managing Director of Rainbow Gold and Diamond Mine Company, also a successful exporter of Cocoa during his life time. I am the only daughter of my parent. It is sad that the rebels attacked my house one early morning killing my mother and my father. Equally my mother was a senior lecturer at the university before her untimely death. I don't have any relative now whom I can go to, all my relatives ran away in the middle of the war.
I am the only survivor in my family because I am the only child of my parent. After the recent crisis that resulted to the death of my parent, I was taken to South Africa for safety by Red Cross under Catholic Caritas as an asylum, which is how I came to the Camp. As a refugee here I don't have any right or privilege to anything be it money or whatever because it is against the law of this country.

Please listen to this carefully, I have my late father's Fund Deposit sleep and Deposit Agreement and death certificate here with me, because when he was alive he deposited some amount of money in a security company in South Africa which he used my name as the next of kin, the amount in question is Seven Million, Nine Hundred Thousand United State Dollars (USD$7,900,000.00). Already I have informed this security company about my intention to claim my late father's deposit. The security company told me to look for a foreign partner who will assist me in transferring the funds due to my refugee status here, as a refugee I am not allowed the right of claim to the money but through an appointed representative as the united refugee law governing refugee all over the world states.

Now I want an honest partner overseas who will assist me in transferring this money. I kept this secret to people in the camp here; you are the only person that I am telling this. So I will like you to help me to transfer this money to your account and from it you can send some money for me to get my traveling documents and air ticket to come and reside permanently in your country till such a time that it will be convenient for me to return back home if I so desire.  This is because I have suffered a lot of setbacks as a result of incessant political crisis in Liberia.
The death of my father actually brought sorrow to my life. I also want to invest this fund under your care in any business of your choice since I'm still young to manage it. I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regards. Your suggestions and ideas will be highly regarded.

Now permit me to ask these few questions: 1. Can you honestly help me from your heart? 2. Can I completely trust you? 3. What percentage of the total amount in question will be good for you after the fund has being transferred to your account and I come over to meet you? Please, consider this and get back to me as soon as possible.
Immediately I confirm your willingness, I will send to you my Pictures and also inform you more details involved in this matter. In summary, I will like you to keep it to yourself and don't tell it to anyone for I am afraid of losing my life and the money. Reply to my private email address:  HYPERLINK "mailto:kintoo.angela@gmail.com" kintoo.angela@gmail.com

Kind Regards,
Miss Angela.Kinto

opticbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2012, 10:45:55 PM

I've been seeing more scams lately.  Must be the bad economy.

I'm going to set up an auto responder and give them my bitcoin referral links, I hope they will find it is easier to make an honest living than to try and scam people.

I hope the victims are getting smarter too and don't support the scams.

sad that it is whats profitable for those people.

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 01:12:21 AM

I've been getting some really weird spam recently to only one of my addresses. What's weird about them is that absolutely none of the email appears in the body, because the mailer fucked up the headers, as follows:

Code:
Return-Path: tammiesylvestre@onlineathens.com
Delivered-To: redacted@redacted.net
Received: from mail.redacted.com ([xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]) by mail.alsoredacted.com ; Mon, 9 Jul 2012 15:46:35 -0400
Received: from mailserver.valleandvalle.com ([207.249.66.31]) by mail.redacted.com ; Mon, 9 Jul 2012 14:45:17 -0500
Message-ID: <E0818317-1144-4531-A279-FC1582C0E0C3@mail.redacted.com>
Return-path: <tammiesylvestre@onlineathens.com>
Received: (qmail 26763 invoked by uid 52941); 10 Jul 2012 03:16:53 -0000
Date: 10 Jul 2012 03:16:53 -0000
Message-ID: <20120710031653.26763.qmail@mailserver.valleandvalle.com>
From: "Jeanmarie Norwich" <tammiesylvestre@onlineathens.com>
To: "admin" <admin@redacted.com>
Subject: Durable womanizer is required for a female romp!
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
: <html><body>Hi there, passionate love muscle! We are wanting a stunningly hot love muscle<br>
: to bring some joy to females one of these nights. We are planning to get to a furtive birthday party<br>
and you'll be the only womanizer admitted! <a href="http: //nxnioair.nextflirtdate.com/">Join our party</a></body></html>
X-hMailServer-LoopCount: 1

The mail servers are different every time, as is the computer-generated content and addresses. The space after http: in the spam link was actually there, and that's why my DNSBL didn't mark it.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 02:43:38 AM

Couple of mine:

Dear beloved one in Christ,

I am Mrs.Joyce Hernandez from Fredonia, New york United State of America but presently in Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia, I am 69 years old, I am deaf i don't hear and I'm suffering from a long time cancer of the breast,From all  indication my condition is really deteriorating, and Doctor Kelly Silver have courageously advised me that I may not live beyond the next two months, this is because the cancer stage has reached a critical stage, I was brought up in a motherless babies home, and i was married to my late husband Johnson Hernandez for twenty years without a child.

My husband  and I are true Christian's,we lived all day in Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia, since he was working here as a contractor and got share's with Coca cola here, but quite unfortunately,he died in a fire burnt, he was burnt to ashes none of is body was found,Since his death I decided not to re-marry and because of my bad stage of health, I sold all our Inheritance belongings to me and my late husband Johnson and deposited all the total sum of  ( $6.8 Million United State dollars) with the Global Financial Security Company Bank Of New York City United States Flushing New york and all our jewelries Diamonds and Golds with a security company My dearest beloved one in Christ can i trust you to distribute our life earns to the Motherless Homes and Churches and Haiti Suffering people ?

My direct Email: msjoycehernandez@religious.com

Your's Sincerely Sister in Christ,

Mrs. Joyce Hernandez.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to notify you again that you were listed as a beneficiary to the total sum of J30,800,000:00GBP (Thirty Million Eight Hundred Thousand British Pounds) in the intent of the deceased (name now withheld since this is our second letter to you).

I contacted you once again because you bear the surname identity; the notice once more has just been brought to our attention for the last time.

Upon our mutual agreement, our Legal firm here will present you to the Probate as the new beneficiary to the inheritance since there is no written will. Note that we can do this because of the surname identity.

I will provide you with all the necessary documents/legal services as part of our role, as our services include the preparation of Letters of administration and powers of attorney to our clients.

So we could provide the necessary services so to secure the release of the money in your name as the next of kin.

All the papers will be processed in your acceptance of this deal, we request that you kindly forward to us your letter of ACCEPTANCE, YOUR CURRENT TELEPHONE, FAX NUMBER; OCCUPATION AND ADDRESS to enable us file necessary documents at our high court probate division for the release of this sum of money.

Your prompt response urgent,

Yours faithfully,

Barr. John Dark {Esq.}
Principal Partner
Email: jdarks@lavabit.com
https://www.onlinebld.com
TEL: +44 704 571 8064

They're more creative lately. Maybe they got a new English teacher?  Grin
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 10:50:54 AM

Damn, how did I miss this Cheesy
opticbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 07:33:39 AM

its never to late to get a good scam going again.

bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 07:55:54 AM

its never to late to get a good scam going again.

Word !

I should probably put that in my sig Cheesy
mystery2048

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 01:01:50 PM

I have some really good scams, if any one wants to earn 100-500 BTC in a week, message me Smiley

Important: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92424.0;all

Donations: 1HWMQv2VYviAgpy6NWNvVg9JhKm4zcMGS5
opticbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 12:02:28 AM

I have some really good scams, if any one wants to earn 100-500 BTC in a week, message me Smiley

I have a good one too!  I'll sell it to you for the low cost of 99 BTC

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: