Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:51:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving the blocks  (Read 2817 times)
flyup (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:28:18 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2015, 04:42:01 AM by flyup

I'm creating a new bitcoin-qt installation on a Linux Mint/ubuntu virtual machine.

I've tried moving the blocks folder over without success

Code:
bitcoin-qt -reindex 

will begin reindexing on the disk and then it fails around week 40

What am I doing wrong?

This is the failure:

Code:
bitcoin-qt -reindex
bitcoin-qt: main.cpp:1761: bool ConnectBlock(CBlock&, CValidationState&, CBlockIndex*, CCoinsViewCache&, bool): Assertion `hashPrevBlock == view.GetBestBlock()' failed.
Aborted

In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 08:34:08 AM

Which Bitcoin Core version are you using?

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
flyup (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:48:21 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2015, 04:24:02 PM by flyup

core version 9.3.0

I've tried re-indexing with and without a network connection.

I've tried moving over the chainstate folder

I've tried moving every file/folder over except wallet.dat

Reindexing still fails -  Huh
flyup (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:09:35 PM

I've tried it now on 9.4.0 too.

Why am I having such difficulty moving the blockchain?

It seems like I did this a few months ago without an issue.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1299

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:26:41 PM

It does seem odd you are having the problem because (as you noted) it is possible.

You might just trying running 0.10.0rc3 and re-download the blockchain.  It will in all likelihood be much faster than banging your head against the wall on this more.  ;-)
poisenrang

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 11:38:41 AM

It does seem odd you are having the problem because (as you noted) it is possible.

You might just trying running 0.10.0rc3 and re-download the blockchain.  It will in all likelihood be much faster than banging your head against the wall on this more.  ;-)

hehe right. this would be much easier.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
BookLover

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

^Bitcoin Library of Congress.

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 03:26:08 PM

Did you also move the chainstate folder?

Madness

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 04:09:12 PM

He said he tried 0.9.4 (this version came out for Ubuntu only at the moment and coming soon for Windows) , Basically 0.10.0rc3 = 0.9.4 the Final release . so I don't think it will change anything .
Delete all the downloaded blocks & Try downloading the torrent Bootstrap file and place it on the Bitcoin Data Directory and run your wallet again . It should Import from the disk just fine and probably start synchrozning with the network if some blocks missing .
=> https://bitcoin.org/bin/blockchain/bootstrap.dat.torrent

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 07:01:13 AM

[...]Basically 0.10.0rc3 = 0.9.4 the Final release[...]

This is not correct. 0.9.4 fixed an issue with OpenSSL which affected mainly the Ubuntu PPA. https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/41f94edf221019a6c4b8f78c2b17c389442f546e/doc/release-notes.md

0.10.0RC3 introduces more features i.e. "headers first". Preliminary release notes: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/0.10/doc/release-notes.md

Additionally RC stands for Release candidate, so it's not a final release.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
flyup (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 04:38:51 PM

I'm beginning to think I've encountered a bug in XFCE or core version 9.4.0 and 9.3.0

I've tried moving the blocks [blocks folder] - returns:

Code:
bitcoin-qt -reindex
bitcoin-qt: main.cpp:1761: bool ConnectBlock(CBlock&, CValidationState&, CBlockIndex*, CCoinsViewCache&, bool): Assertion `hashPrevBlock == view.GetBestBlock()' failed.
Aborted

I've tried initializing with bootstrap.dat

This imports blocks from disk- then after a rescan the core fails with no error message.

Any ideas?
flyup (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 03:46:44 PM

I was successfully able to move the blocks to a Windows 10 Tech Preview virtual machine.

I tried on several different Debian and Ubuntu distros and all my attempts failed.

Hello- Cortana. How much bitcoin is in my wallet?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: