Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:47:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Core 0.9.3 - Synchronizing with network ?  (Read 1272 times)
Madness (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 11:33:18 AM

Hi there,

I want to setup my Bitcoin Core wallet but it's not working .
Basically I go from "6 years behind" to "1 years x weeks behind" , that what should happens I know . Well sometimes I want to reboot my PC so I simply close the wallet and wait for that message to dissapear as it asks me to .

When I boot my PC once again ,I run the wallet it goes back to "6years" Reindexing ... It goes fast till it reach "2 years and 34 weeks" (not sure about the weeks)  then It start Syncrhnozing with the network

Now my question is why each time this happens and it goes back to "2 years" if ... when I closed it I didn't close it on "2 years" Huh is there is anyway to fix that please ? Smiley if you need more informations just let me know

PS : I'am using Windows 8.1 Professional x64

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Prepossessing

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 11:48:31 AM

Thats a estimate and isn't accurate it will go back further when you start up become it gains speed the longer its open.
Madness (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 11:51:41 AM

Thats a estimate and isn't accurate it will go back further when you start up become it gains speed the longer its open.

How it is estimated ? Isn't it downloading a huge file of 20GB then it should be precise ?
Each time I re-open it it tells me that the database or something got corrupted.

Raya

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 11:57:29 AM

How it is estimated ? Isn't it downloading a huge file of 20GB then it should be precise ?
Each time I re-open it it tells me that the database or something got corrupted.

Whats the exact message it gives? You might need to delete the bootstrap and start again.

Madness (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 12:01:25 PM

Whats the exact message it gives? You might need to delete the bootstrap and start again.

The following message : "Error opening block database. Do you want to rebuild the block database now?"
Should I simply go and download this https://bitcoin.org/bin/blockchain/bootstrap.dat.torrent ?

Raya

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 12:06:33 PM

The following message : "Error opening block database. Do you want to rebuild the block database now?"
Should I simply go and download this https://bitcoin.org/bin/blockchain/bootstrap.dat.torrent ?

Downloading the bootstrap will make it a lot faster its updated every month or so and it really does help speed it up.

Madness (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 12:08:04 PM

Downloading the bootstrap will make it a lot faster its updated every month or so and it really does help speed it up.

Alright then I will just go head and download the torrent .
I won't need to download it anytime time later once again I hope , right?

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 12:08:34 PM

No its not an estimate. Someone is confusing the workings of bitcoin core with those of a download. Its not a single 20 GB file either, but thats not important IMHO. Its the timestamp of the latest known block in comparisson to now. Each block has a (rougly estimate) timestamp when it was found. The time you see is how long ago in comparisson to your system clock this was.

Ill tell you what I allways say in these situations: use the torrent[1] or try bitcoin core 0.10.0rc3[2] as it supports a fast sync due to several improvements.

If you used the torrent connect[3] to a fast node for the rest. List of nodes:

Code:
last updated 2015.01.11
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IP                  - location             - owner[1]  -  speed      - info/stats page[2] - testnet
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
84.200.34.113       - Freinsheim, DE, EU   - Newar     - 1000 mbit/s - yes                - no
185.45.192.129      - Amsterdam, NL, EU    - anon      - 1000 mbit/s - /node.php[3]       - yes
94.23.146.127       - NL, EU               - anon      -  200 mbit/s - /status            - no
213.165.91.169      - Germany, EU          - shorena   -  100 mbit/s - yes                - no
191.236.50.217      - Virgina, US          - grue      -  100 mbit/s - no                 - no
!!The following nodes have been unreachable at the time of the last update and might[5] be down!!
eldinhadzic.org[4]  - LA, USA              - eldinhadz - 1000 mbit/s - no                 - no
50.7.68.180         - New York, USA        - Newar     -  100 mbit/s - yes                - no
5.9.24.81           - Germany, EU          - zvs       -  unknown    - no                 - no
178.79.173.71       - United Kingdom, EU   - zvs       -  unknown    - no                 - no
107.155.104.194     - Dalls, USA           - zvs       -  unknown    - no                 - no
106.185.32.195      - Japan, Asia          - zvs       -  unknown    - no                 - no
94.242.57.173       - Russia, Asia         - zvs       -  unknown    - no                 - no
[1] refers to a bitcointalk.org username or anon if requested
[2] same IP, port 80 or path/port given
[3] work in progress
[4] IP is 173.236.158.177
[5] or reached max connections at the time of testing

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145386.0 - there might be more recent bootstrap.dat sources
[2] https://bitcoin.org/bin/0.10.0/test/
[3] e.g. run c:\Program Files\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe -connect=1.2.3.4

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Madness (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 09:10:34 PM

No its not an estimate. Someone is confusing the workings of bitcoin core with those of a download. Its not a single 20 GB file either, but thats not important IMHO. Its the timestamp of the latest known block in comparisson to now. Each block has a (rougly estimate) timestamp when it was found. The time you see is how long ago in comparisson to your system clock this was.

Ill tell you what I allways say in these situations: use the torrent[1] or try bitcoin core 0.10.0rc3[2] as it supports a fast sync due to several improvements.

If you used the torrent connect[3] to a fast node for the rest. List of nodes:

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145386.0 - there might be more recent bootstrap.dat sources
[2] https://bitcoin.org/bin/0.10.0/test/
[3] e.g. run c:\Program Files\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe -connect=1.2.3.4

Yeah I was more then sure that it's not estimated , and I know it's not one file either , It a bunch of files of 120mb if I remember right or something like that .
Anyway I tested like said above I'am downloading the bootsrap.dat file from torrent , now I'am waiting from the download to finish to test once again . It's taking some time due to my internet speed (speed of the wind)  Roll Eyes Thank you for help tho Smiley

I will let you know of the results once it's done.

~ Madness

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: