Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:53:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Get ready for incoming crashes  (Read 4298 times)
stonerider (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:11:43 PM

It's the weekend beginning. We are at $207 (BFX). Let the crashes begin!!! I think we won't crash as big as recently, but min-crashes are incoming. The question is how fast can we recover?

By Monday, I say we'll be seeing $150.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:22:09 PM

It's the weekend beginning. We are at $207 (BFX). Let the crashes begin!!! I think we won't crash as big as recently, but min-crashes are incoming. The question is how fast can we recover?

Not buying heavy until $65
Mirsad

Activity: 140

Bitcoin - love & hate

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:23:09 PM

I would never buy above 2$. Way overpriced!

< 100 BTC is not worth mentioning. Poor souls will always remain poor. Don't miss the failtrain.
The Tipping Point

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:23:44 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy you will be waiting a long long time for that to happen and you are missing your chance to invest now
Mirsad

Bitcoin - love & hate

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:25:40 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy you will be waiting a long long time for that to happen and you are missing your chance to invest now

Invest NOW! It is currently the best get broke quick scheme (or the best get quick rich scheme with naked short selling with leverage) on earth (altcoins excluded).

< 100 BTC is not worth mentioning. Poor souls will always remain poor. Don't miss the failtrain.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:26:51 PM

Lolz, and why do you think that that would happen soon? Or that it may ever happen? Do you think of BTC as just a P&D opportunity and not as a secured technology? On what basis can you determine the value of BTC overpriced?

Mirsad

Bitcoin - love & hate

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:31:19 PM

thompete

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:17:18 PM

Lolz, and why do you think that that would happen soon? Or that it may ever happen? Do you think of BTC as just a P&D opportunity and not as a secured technology? On what basis can you determine the value of BTC overpriced?
He is probably from the past .
Else, there is no way its going that low anytime soon.

Mirsad

Bitcoin - love & hate

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:26:44 PM

It is still early 2011 or?

ronald98

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 06:53:29 PM

He is probably from the past .
Else, there is no way its going that low anytime soon.

Mirsad = Dr Who
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 06:57:30 PM

We'll see, but I did say heavily Wink.
stonerider (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 06:49:17 PM

We did crash to about $190 level over the weekend; however, we DID recover to over $210 currently. I was wrong to speculate $150 by Monday. I got carried away, after saying "mini-crashes" were going to happen.

Now the question is, "Will $210 hold this week?"

I'd say we will slowly decline to $200 by Friday, January 23, 2015.
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:05:02 PM

We did crash to about $190 level over the weekend; however, we DID recover to over $210 currently. I was wrong to speculate $150 by Monday. I got carried away, after saying "mini-crashes" were going to happen.

we will likely trade in this range for weeks just like we did when we hit $300 until the next leg lower.
any kind of big rallies has been met with instant smash downs back to the lower levels.
we seen this happen recently when bitcoin rocketed up to 450 and was immediately smashed back down.
btc is being held at these lower levels by (dare i say it) manipulation .
the process seems eerily similar to the pm smash downs and caps.

"swiss central bank depegs the franc from the euro ..
the Dow Jones sinks over 2%, while silver went up 7% and gold went up 4.5%:"
bitcoin being in it's own world is.....down." --- aztecminer

because of this right here i believe that pm's is a better and safer place to put money.
the eu is in process of diving into another recession due to the russian sanctions ..
the eu is preparing to do more QE printing ..
the us dollar is raging @ATH's and looking back in hind site the usd ALWAYS crashes back down.
we are in the midst of a developing currency crisis and bitcoin aint doing shiat .
totally disconnected from reality and market forces.
amazon could accept bitcoin and NADA we would trade sideways.

http://www.valuewalk.com/2015/01/swiss-bank-currency-war/
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2774
Merit: 1787

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:10:48 PM

How many times do you have to be wrong to stop posting this crap? Do you really think anyone cares what you think?

Or i guess it's just trolls playing with numbers. With 50/50 probability out of 100trolls one of them has to correctly predict up/down movement 7 times in a row. Then you get a following and then...profit  Huh
Out of 100 trolls 50/50 chances on correctly guessing up down prediction
1 - 50 right
2 - 25 right
3 - 12 right
4 - 6 right
5 - 3 right
6 - 2 right
7 - 1 right

"Feeeeed me Roger!"  -Bcash
bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:11:31 PM

The smashdowns come from shorters that sell heavily into any price rises. The market won't go up significantly until they are sure the bear market is over. They've been getting burned lately as many of the whales whose coattails they rode all year have covered and are now waiting. Slowly but surely they will begin to turn bull, either by stupidly continuing to short after a huge capitulation and 85% price decrease and losing all their gains from the way down, or by realizing that they are now in the minority and go long.
noma

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:15:26 PM

Lookks like you were wrong. The price rather went up and has been stable for the past 2 days.

▓▓▓▓    New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange             → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓    Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:15:39 PM

First thing before reversal is stabilization. Price looks quite stable at this point.
People will eventually realize we must go up. Chart looks healthy as fuck.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
waaat?

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:19:17 PM

What you call 'smashdowns' was whales getting out. They buy it up and dump it back immediately. 'Pump and dump', that's the game.

As long as pump and dump still works it isn't entirely dead. Keep hoping in case you can't sell!
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:38:09 PM

The smashdowns come from shorters that sell heavily into any price rises. The market won't go up significantly until they are sure the bear market is over. They've been getting burned lately as many of the whales whose coattails they rode all year have covered and are now waiting. Slowly but surely they will begin to turn bull, either by stupidly continuing to short after a huge capitulation and 85% price decrease and losing all their gains from the way down, or by realizing that they are now in the minority and go long.

the bears have the 3600 coins mining inflation on their side. maybe bitcoin did not move from the snb news because no one thinks of bitcoin as a safe place to put money. pm's does not have these problems. it doesnt matter how much they smash pm's down people will buy them and buy more as they get cheaper. that is why central banks have to smash the pm's down because left un-manipulated we would have 2000+ gold and 100+ silver by now. problem is as they become cheaper people buy more of them and they start to have shortages. on the other hand if an economic crisis is incoming along with bail-ins and currency conversions then everyone had ample time to buy pm's (and in this case bitcoins) . it seems we will be stuck in this bear rut until the 2016 reward halving .. still HODLing though .

it's just that the smash downs to lower levels and then trade sideways for weeks smells like the same thing happening in the pms. and when we went to 450 and that was immediately smashed back down to 300 where it was capped and traded sideways again until this most recent smash down to 200 where again it appears to be capped and is trading sideways again is exactly the same we been seeing in the pm smash down's manipulation. it is still up in the air whether it is a good thing or bad thing. low prices great for buying opportunities but if we compare to pms then we could see this shiat could last literally for years. the us govy doesnt want anyone in anything other than usd which is why i starting to suspect something more than just inflation and polar bears.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 08:04:25 PM

the bears have the 3600 coins mining inflation on their side. maybe bitcoin did not move from the snb news because no one thinks of bitcoin as a safe place to put money. pm's does not have these problems. it doesnt matter how much they smash pm's down people will buy them and buy more as they get cheaper. that is why central banks have to smash the pm's down because left un-manipulated we would have 2000+ gold and 100+ silver by now. problem is as they become cheaper people buy more of them and they start to have shortages. on the other hand if an economic crisis is incoming along with bail-ins and currency conversions then everyone had ample time to buy pm's (and in this case bitcoins) . it seems we will be stuck in this bear rut until the 2016 reward halving .. still HODLing though .

it's just that the smash downs to lower levels and then trade sideways for weeks smells like the same thing happening in the pms. and when we went to 450 and that was immediately smashed back down to 300 where it was capped and traded sideways again until this most recent smash down to 200 where again it appears to be capped and is trading sideways again is exactly the same we been seeing in the pm smash down's manipulation. it is still up in the air whether it is a good thing or bad thing. low prices great for buying opportunities but if we compare to pms then we could see this shiat could last literally for years. the us govy doesnt want anyone in anything other than usd which is why i starting to suspect something more than just inflation and polar bears.

The 3600 coins a day inflation does not necessarily have a great deal of effect upon the price in practice. Some of the largest miners do not actually have to sell their coins at all as they have very large VC funding rounds under their belts. Inflation is simply a nice solid reason to blame price weakness. In a similar way when the price rises and the bull market resumes in a few months there will be a reason cited then, too. Smiley

The bitcoin price is unrelated to mining costs or coin inflation (block reward).

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: