Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:50:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Russia Declares Publishing Mohammed Cartoons Illegal…  (Read 1326 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 08:40:52 PM

Russia’s media watchdog on Friday warned publications that printing cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed was against the country’s law and ethical norms following the Charlie Hebdo attack in France.

“The publication in Russian media of such caricatures go against ethical and moral norms worked out over centuries,” said the media and communications watchdog Roskomnadzor.

“Disseminating caricatures on religious themes in the media can be considered insulting or humiliating to the representatives of religious confessions and groups, and qualified as inciting ethnic and religious hatred”, an offence under Russian law, it said.

The publication would also violate the Russian media and anti-extremism laws, the watchdog said, adding that it was asking Russian media to “refrain from publishing caricatures that can be seen as a violation”.

The watchdog published the statement as a response to the ongoing debate on the “legality of publishing caricatures depicting religious objects of worship which affect feelings of religious people.”

http://www.france24.com/en/20150116-russia-says-mohammed-cartoon-publication-illegal/?aef_campaign_date=2015-01-16&aef_campaign_ref=partage_aef&ns_campaign=reseaux_sociaux&ns_linkname=editorial&ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&_suid=1421431542855009262819867581129

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BLKBITZ

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 10:47:22 PM

I don't think this is Putin caving in because he doesn't want ethnic minority's in Russia anyway. it is more likely he was going to do this anyway to get rid of any non Christian symbol from Russian public view and this just gave him a good excuse.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 11:46:03 PM

I don't think this is Putin caving in because he doesn't want ethnic minority's in Russia anyway. it is more likely he was going to do this anyway to get rid of any non Christian symbol from Russian public view and this just gave him a good excuse.

Do you even understand what you wrote above? Sadly, the logic is absent in your statement. How can avoiding provocation of religious minorities be equated to getting rid of ethnic minorities? It's not about removing non-Christian symbols - there are plenty of those, it's about removing Muslim-provoking symbols.

Oh, and "freedom of speech" does not equate to "freedom to insult". Wink

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
BLKBITZ

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 11:53:35 PM

Do you even understand what you wrote above? Sadly, the logic is absent in your statement. How can avoiding provocation of religious minorities be equated to getting rid of ethnic minorities? It's not about removing non-Christian symbols - there are plenty of those, it's about removing Muslim-provoking symbols.

Oh, and "freedom of speech" does not equate to "freedom to insult". Wink

Maybe because he has been seen as the "bad guy" by the west. so he needed a good excuse for getting rid of any non Christian symbols from the public which Russia has been doing.

Oh, and "freedom of speech" there is a reason freedom is put in that phrase. If you cant handle someone pointing out flaws in your views and you deem that as insulting then life is going to be hard for you.
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 11:59:54 PM

Since nobody knows what Mohammed looked like, how can they know it was a cartoon of Mohammed at all?

Who decides what is and isn't a picture of Mohammed? Does the word "Mohammed" need to be written on his shirt or something?

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
BLKBITZ

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:05:06 AM

Since nobody knows what Mohammed looked like, how can they know it was a cartoon of Mohammed at all?

Who decides what is and isn't a picture of Mohammed? Does the word "Mohammed" need to be written on his shirt or something?

The cartoons were of a stereotypical Muslim and talked about Muhammad. so I guess they realized it was a picture of Muhammad
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:08:44 AM

The cartoons were of a stereotypical Muslim and talked about Muhammad. so I guess they realized it was a picture of Muhammad

But that's a highly subjective discovery... How many Muslims talk about Mohammed? How many Muslims are named Mohammed?

I'm only pointing out the stupidity of the law, kind of like outlawing the consumption of water to improve "Brawndo" sales...

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 01:00:38 AM

This is nothing new in Russia, remember Pussy Riot?

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 03:46:23 AM

The two things that count are, do they have the strength to back it up, and, are they going to back it up with strength?

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 06:38:30 AM

I wonder where we'll be in 50 years.  Will we all come to accept oppression of speech freedom?  Or, will all faiths learn to tolerate light hearted jabs?

I wonder if that guy in Saudi Arabia will get any more lashes for operating a website...

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
fsb4000
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 11:06:09 AM

The French killed thousands of Muslims in the East, do not respect the feelings of Muslims and the French are surprised that the journalists are killed? Since they put freedom of speech above freedom of religion, it was clear that terrorist attacks will continue.
In Russia Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Jews live peacefully. Western countries need to learn Russian tolerance.
Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 11:56:04 AM

The French killed thousands of Muslims in the East, do not respect the feelings of Muslims and the French are surprised that the journalists are killed? Since they put freedom of speech above freedom of religion, it was clear that terrorist attacks will continue.
In Russia Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Jews live peacefully. Western countries need to learn Russian tolerance.

Pretty much this.

Russia has a lot of religions coexisting, and to live peacefully all have to go to some compromises.

perdog, don't even bring the Pussy Riot in, those attention-seeking perverts.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:11:24 PM

Oh yeah, we remember dead chicken in the vagina, group sex in the museum and many other of their "achievements".
girb16

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 05:37:39 PM

Everyone has something to say about Russia, but nobody has a clue about Russian society!!
Rishblitz

Activity: 308

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 07:02:52 PM

Oh yeah, we remember dead chicken in the vagina, group sex in the museum and many other of their "achievements".

lol I haven't heard about that in any western news

Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 09:35:35 PM

Everyone has something to say about Russia, but nobody has a clue about Russian society!!

Russians do, but their view is largely discarded in the West as "undesirable".

What can I say. Ignorance leads to fear, fear leads to hatred, hatred leads to discord and war, and war leads to profits. So be on the lookout for those who want to maintain the status quo regarding ignorance about Russia (or any other "foreign", "not like us" culture, for that matter).

Maybe because he has been seen as the "bad guy" by the west. so he needed a good excuse for getting rid of any non Christian symbols from the public which Russia has been doing.

Oh, and "freedom of speech" there is a reason freedom is put in that phrase. If you cant handle someone pointing out flaws in your views and you deem that as insulting then life is going to be hard for you.

Where? I am following a large number of Russian news-channels, and I don't see any evidence to support your claim, so please do it yourself.

Here is my evidence to support the opposite:

Eid al-Fitr prayers that mark the end of the holy fasting month of Ramadan outside the main Mosque in Moscow,

Russia has segregation of religion and state, though Christianity being the majority religion does naturally get proportionally more air-time.

About freedom of speech. If I come up to you on the street and call your mother a bitch, I can, according to your logic claim "freedom of speech". According to your logic as well, all legal clauses about defamation and slander should also be immediately abolished as well from the legal systems of all countries. So I can hereby claim that you stole large amounts of money from children and presto - you are guilty and cannot defend yourself, because that would break my right to express my views freely. Right?

Rishblitz

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 02:46:03 AM

Russians do, but their view is largely discarded in the West as "undesirable".

What can I say. Ignorance leads to fear, fear leads to hatred, hatred leads to discord and war, and war leads to profits. So be on the lookout for those who want to maintain the status quo regarding ignorance about Russia (or any other "foreign", "not like us" culture, for that matter).

Where? I am following a large number of Russian news-channels, and I don't see any evidence to support your claim, so please do it yourself.

Here is my evidence to support the opposite:

Eid al-Fitr prayers that mark the end of the holy fasting month of Ramadan outside the main Mosque in Moscow,

Russia has segregation of religion and state, though Christianity being the majority religion does naturally get proportionally more air-time.

About freedom of speech. If I come up to you on the street and call your mother a bitch, I can, according to your logic claim "freedom of speech". According to your logic as well, all legal clauses about defamation and slander should also be immediately abolished as well from the legal systems of all countries. So I can hereby claim that you stole large amounts of money from children and presto - you are guilty and cannot defend yourself, because that would break my right to express my views freely. Right?

I believe in the laws against slander my point was against people trying to take away your right to talk about your views without fear. at what point does having the ability to free speech lead to me not being able to defend myself that's quite the opposite actually.

Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 10:48:55 AM

lol I haven't heard about that in any western news
Yep, unfortunately but expectable that CNN, Fox, ARD and other bullshitters are choosing only convenient information, which won't hurt an image of "freedom fighter and political dissident". Cheesy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIjeMo1cRCE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSK-W5oKTZI#t=41

http://theendofbeing.com/2010/07/30/voina-vaginal-liberation-of-food/
Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 12:51:58 PM

I believe in the laws against slander my point was against people trying to take away your right to talk about your views without fear. at what point does having the ability to free speech lead to me not being able to defend myself that's quite the opposite actually.

And the Muslims defended themselves, it's just some of the more radical ones view defence as killing. In parallel to my observation above, if I call someone's mother a bitch, some might punch me, others will sue me.

But having freedom of speech, does it allow me to go around insulting everyone? I believe Douglas Adams addressed this question: http://hitchhikers.wikia.com/wiki/Bowerick_Wowbagger

About that directive from Russian Roskomnadzor, let's go to the source, shall we?

http://rkn.gov.ru/news/rsoc/news29705.htm

Spread in the media of caricatures on religious themes can be regarded by Roscomnadzor as offensive or degrading members of religious communities and associations, qualified as inciting ethnic and religious hatred, which is a direct violation of the laws "On the Media" and "On Countering Extremist Activity".

In connection with the above Roscomnadzor expressing unconditional solidarity with opponents of any manifestations of extremism and terrorism, is asking the media of the Russian Federation to refrain from publishing the cartoons, which can be regarded as a violation of Russian law.

Rishblitz

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:38:33 PM

And the Muslims defended themselves, it's just some of the more radical ones view defence as killing. In parallel to my observation above, if I call someone's mother a bitch, some might punch me, others will sue me.

But having freedom of speech, does it allow me to go around insulting everyone? I believe Douglas Adams addressed this question: http://hitchhikers.wikia.com/wiki/Bowerick_Wowbagger

About that directive from Russian Roskomnadzor, let's go to the source, shall we?

http://rkn.gov.ru/news/rsoc/news29705.htm

Spread in the media of caricatures on religious themes can be regarded by Roscomnadzor as offensive or degrading members of religious communities and associations, qualified as inciting ethnic and religious hatred, which is a direct violation of the laws "On the Media" and "On Countering Extremist Activity".

In connection with the above Roscomnadzor expressing unconditional solidarity with opponents of any manifestations of extremism and terrorism, is asking the media of the Russian Federation to refrain from publishing the cartoons, which can be regarded as a violation of Russian law.

Russia is a very religious state so defending any religion from ridicule doesn't surprise me my point was though that he wasn't caving in to terrorist.

getting punched because you called someone mom a bitch is understandable getting killed because you drew a cartoon is not.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: