Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:09:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] 7 Sapphire Radeon 7950 GPUs  (Read 307 times)
SockPuppetAccount (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 06:16:23 AM

These babies were the heart and soul of the milkcrate rigs I built in April 2013, and they treated me well.  They paid for themselves many times over and got me into the world of cryptocurrency.  I suppose I've been holding onto them for sentimental reasons, and in the hopes maybe GPU mining would be profitable again one day.  Anyway, I have decided to let these guys go to a good home if anyone is still interested in expanding their GPU mining operations.

I can get some more exact specs and pictures if need be, but I wanted to throw out some feelers to see if anyone was even interested in the first place.  I remember that they are the 3L variation of Sapphire's 7950s.  4 of them had their fans die on me last summer, so rather than replace them, my solution was to rip the shrouds off and zip tie case fans to the heat sinks.  The other 3 seem to have fans that function okay.

Yes, these guys have been used and abused.  I would not doubt many or all of them have damaged cores.  Could some of them possibly be okay for gaming?  Possibly, but I wouldn't bet on it, and I won't waste time testing them out.  They can still mine ya some coins just fine though.

I don't expect my inbox to light up with offers here, but I'm not going to bother selling them on eBay as I'll have stupid kids doing Paypal charge backs after not heeding my warnings and being disappointed their new gaming GPU artifacts like crazy and crashes all the time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: