Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:54:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop Requesting Default Trust Removals  (Read 764 times)
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 11:54:23 AM

It's becoming a pain since it defeats the purpose of the list if anyone and everyone can request the removal of a person on it. If nothing comes out of the situation (the person in question isn't removed) then there are just a lot of junk threads complaining about this user or that user having more power or 'exploiting' their power over this user and that user. So please, stop complaining about who is on the list. If you really need to sort a situation out, contact the user (either the user you are questioning or want removed) directly. This was quickly written up in a bit of a rage mode, feel free to discuss.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
peligro

Activity: 593
Merit: 500

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 11:56:47 AM

There should be an option for appeal and review. You are correct that its cluttering this place, it should have a different subsection. It can be here or in Trading Discussions.
Johny Depp

Activity: 211
Merit: 125

busting the bastards

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 11:59:40 AM

It's becoming a pain since it defeats the purpose of the list if anyone and everyone can request the removal of a person on it. If nothing comes out of the situation (the person in question isn't removed) then there are just a lot of junk threads complaining about this user or that user having more power or 'exploiting' their power over this user and that user. So please, stop complaining about who is on the list. If you really need to sort a situation out, contact the user (either the user you are questioning or want removed) directly. This was quickly written up in a bit of a rage mode, feel free to discuss.

Which recent one has raged u Marco ? If people are added randomly by some people in DefaultTrust, then u want voices against that to be silenced ? Why ?

Exposing frauds since 2014
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:07:14 PM

Which recent one has raged u Marco ? If people are added randomly by some people in DefaultTrust, then u want voices against that to be silenced ? Why ?

No specific case, it is just a concern that it may blow up to everyone complaining whenever trust is left by anyone on the default list.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:08:00 PM

As I told in the other topic , I've always left accurate negative feedback. So I think you are here only to  ruining my "reputation" , I will not argue with you.

Have a great day,

redsn0w
Johny Depp

busting the bastards

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:08:11 PM

No specific case, it is just a concern that it may blow up to everyone complaining whenever trust is left by anyone on the default list.

Not really. It is been handled only when evidences and logical conclusions are provided.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:08:41 PM

Not really. It is been handled only when evidences and logical conclusions are provided.

Can I ask you where are those evidences and logical conclusions  ? Please.
MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:10:08 PM

It is worth noting that the two members being discussed right now have both given you positive feedback, it is beneficial for you that they remain in default trust.
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:14:39 PM

It is worth noting that the two members being discussed right now have both given you positive feedback, it is beneficial for you that they remain in default trust.

Ah the conspiracies begin (I'd imagine pistolpete will show up soon). Anyway, I just noticed that; I hadn't thought about it that way before. I doubt the threads will be closed with the opening of this thread and I wouldn't say it is 'beneficial for me', I wouldn't care much if their feedback no longer gave me 'trust points'. Feel free to think otherwise.
Johny Depp

busting the bastards

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:20:09 PM

Can I ask you where are those evidences and logical conclusions  ? Please.

I doubt the logical strength of a person, who argue like this...

I think that I'm trusted , I'm not a " scammer " or an untrustworthy person . I don't have bad intention , if you want you can check my profile.

But I also understand it is not to easy to gain some reputation in this forum , however I'm trying to do that.

Source: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781301.msg8829439#msg8829439

MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:24:48 PM

Ah the conspiracies begin (I'd imagine pistolpete will show up soon). Anyway, I just noticed that; I hadn't thought about it that way before. I doubt the threads will be closed with the opening of this thread and I wouldn't say it is 'beneficial for me', I wouldn't care much if their feedback no longer gave me 'trust points'. Feel free to think otherwise.

It's not a conspiracy, it's just something anyone should be aware of when considering your opinion on these two cases. I would expect my motives to be challenged as well if I was advocating for redsn0w to stay on default trust, since he left me positive feedback.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 04:43:04 PM

Roll Eyes isn't this exact argument what that the thread was asking not to happen in meta? Can you guys take it to pm?

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 06:16:23 PM

If someone is somehow not appropriate to be on the default trust list then meta is the appropriate place to discuss. If the process was done via PM then it would be much less transparent and the community as a whole would not be able to discuss if it is appropriate for them to be in default trust list or not.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 07:38:29 PM

I have been pointing out the flaw in the staff/mods/admins getting involved in trust disputes for some time. They are often bias because they are quick to remove some users and heavily resist the removal of others within their clique which are clearly serial abusers. Additionally anyone can just make a post and rally a mob with little or no evidence creating lots of infighting amongst the community's MOST trusted members. In stead of letting the system be used as publicly purported, as a decentralized system of trust, it has become a centralized trust cartel where some users are more equal than others. The system was designed so that if individual users on the default trust are abusive, the people who placed them there are incentivized to remove them as risk of harming their own reputation. 

Rather than letting those users make those choices, Theymos, as well as others on the level 1 default trust have gotten into a habit of getting personally dictating who should do what with their own trust ratings at the lower trust levels. This transforms the supposedly decentralized trust system into a top down centrally controlled trust pyramid, where no one else is allowed to have any position of authority within the trust system unless Theymos and his level one selections approve of it.

In my personal case when I was removed from the default trust, canaryinthemine did not remove me from his trust right away. Theymos did not agree with this, and rather than choosing to let the system operate as designed and publicly purported, he added an entirely new feature, called "trust exclusions" so that he could again, from a position of central authority dictate how the trust system works, so that no one else could make any choices within the trust system counter to his own without consequence. In effect the trust exclusion negates any trust from displaying for people when they trust someone who trusts you, and also trust someone within the default trust.

Effectively this is a backdoor way for people with high rank within the default trust system to nuke actual earned trust ratings from users that are on lower levels of trust, and the trust exclusion cascades down thru all lower levels of default trust, as well as anyone who trusts him directly. Seeing as no one will ever outrank Theymos's trust rating, it is effectively impossible for anyone to ever work to correct the situation because there is in effect a permanent cap on the trust of the excluded user.

In summary, all of this strife and argument lately over default trust users and their ratings is a DIRECT RESULT of Theymos and other highly ranked individuals within the default trust attempting to maintain complete centralized control over what is purported to be a decentralized system. They claim it is a decentralized, unmoderated system, but then when some one has an opinion they disagree with as far as its use they have no problems making sure the user is neutralized from a centralized position of authority. The price for their demands of complete centralized control is that the forum's most trusted users are now fighting amongst themselves and destroying ACTUAL LIVING TRUST NETWORKS simply in order to preserve centralized control over the illusionary, virtual, and superficial red and green trust ratings with debatable benefits. Theymos wants to have his cake and eat it to, and we are all now paying for it.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 08:45:48 PM

I honestly don't see the problem with having open discussions about issues someone may have. I find it enlightening in more ways than one.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: