Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:26:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about garza's speech being cancelled?  (Read 694 times)
m3 (OP)

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 01:20:20 PM

http://www.btcfeed.net/news/josh-garzas-speech-cancelled-tnabc/

looks like he is going to be holding a Q&A session instead of actually doing a keynote speech. What do you guys think about that?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
runpaint

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 03:29:21 PM

Of course he won't take questions, he doesn't want people talking about how he's a scam artist.

His cloud mining scam started as a textbook Ponzi, which naturally falls apart when there's not enough new money coming in to pay the earlier investors. 

But what if everyone kept their money in the Ponzi and didn't ask for payouts?  Then it wouldn't have to fall apart as soon. 

So how could you convince people to keep their money tied up for even longer?  Switch them over to something else - Hashcoins and Paycoins.  Then, since you're printing your own money, you can pay them as much as they want with this new money.  Because it's worthless.  GAW keeps all the dollars and bitcoins, and gives out fake money in exchange.

But what if you could convince people to keep even their fake Paycoins tied up longer?  Then the Ponzi scheme might survive a few more months!  At this point in the game, the only people left are completely brainwashed or just stupid.  Or maybe they just keep hoping for the best, since all their money is in it and they don't want to admit that they got scammed.  So when you tell them to leave their Paycoins in a "cloud staking wallet", which makes no sense, they still agree.  And they pay more money.  They're along for the ride, and you're in control.

So when you go to the Bitcoin conference, you don't want to suddenly start answering questions from people who aren't along for the ride.  They're not under your control, and you've gotten used to surrounding yourself with followers.  Besides, why should you answer to anyone who isn't giving you their money?  The only ones you care about are the ones who believe whatever you say.  That's your target demographic, not people who need questions answered.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
ronald98

Activity: 314

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 04:16:43 PM

If he's holding a Q&A session people could ask him how much he made out of paycoin. He will either get a barrage of questions he refuses to answer or cancel the Q&A session.
TiberiuC

Activity: 311

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 05:44:22 PM

If he's holding a Q&A session people could ask him how much he made out of paycoin. He will either get a barrage of questions he refuses to answer or cancel the Q&A session.

Did he make money? Maybe the plan wasn't successful enough and he's now rekt. Don't think he expected all this hostility and crypto was much healthier whe he planned this.
runpaint

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 05:55:55 PM

Did he make money?

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 06:22:28 PM

Sometimes a picture says 1000 words. Cheesy
runpaint

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 06:27:39 PM

Yeah, as if ONE wasn't enough! 

He had to buy TWO child slaves!

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
ronald98

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 07:28:51 PM

Did he make money? Maybe the plan wasn't successful enough and he's now rekt. Don't think he expected all this hostility and crypto was much healthier whe he planned this.

I've been wondering if some of those huge bitcoin dumps were down to him cashing out. He might have made enough to buy a private island with its own helipad but he won't tell anyone how much he made. Even now paycoin's number 3 on coinmarketcap.
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 08:31:18 PM

Ha!  That's twice you made me laugh today.  I like you.
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:48:32 PM

Wasn't he supposed to have a live online debate with TheMage this weekend?

Did he back out on that as well? He's the on the fuckin' asked for it.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
ronald98

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:55:54 PM

Wasn't he supposed to have a live online debate with TheMage this weekend?

Did he back out on that as well? He's the on the fuckin' asked for it.

Sounds like it

http://www.reddit.com/r/GAWMiners/comments/2rznhe/josh_garza_chickens_out_of_debate_with_andrew/
ReserviorHunt

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:56:12 PM

Of course he won't take questions, he doesn't want people talking about how he's a scam artist.

His cloud mining scam started as a textbook Ponzi, which naturally falls apart when there's not enough new money coming in to pay the earlier investors. 

But what if everyone kept their money in the Ponzi and didn't ask for payouts?  Then it wouldn't have to fall apart as soon. 

So how could you convince people to keep their money tied up for even longer?  Switch them over to something else - Hashcoins and Paycoins.  Then, since you're printing your own money, you can pay them as much as they want with this new money.  Because it's worthless.  GAW keeps all the dollars and bitcoins, and gives out fake money in exchange.

But what if you could convince people to keep even their fake Paycoins tied up longer?  Then the Ponzi scheme might survive a few more months!  At this point in the game, the only people left are completely brainwashed or just stupid.  Or maybe they just keep hoping for the best, since all their money is in it and they don't want to admit that they got scammed.  So when you tell them to leave their Paycoins in a "cloud staking wallet", which makes no sense, they still agree.  And they pay more money.  They're along for the ride, and you're in control.

So when you go to the Bitcoin conference, you don't want to suddenly start answering questions from people who aren't along for the ride.  They're not under your control, and you've gotten used to surrounding yourself with followers.  Besides, why should you answer to anyone who isn't giving you their money?  The only ones you care about are the ones who believe whatever you say.  That's your target demographic, not people who need questions answered.

Spot on.

runpaint

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 09:29:28 PM

Good, earlier today I actually logged out to see if I was shadowbanned.  There are a lot of dead threads here for such a big forum, and I started to get paranoid after posting on 20 topics and had not a single new reply on any of them.  I think the laughs just needed time to build up.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
ronald98

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 09:43:59 PM

Good, earlier today I actually logged out to see if I was shadowbanned.  There are a lot of dead threads here for such a big forum, and I started to get paranoid after posting on 20 topics and had not a single new reply on any of them.  I think the laughs just needed time to build up.

I bet everyone's burned out after all the bitcoin ups and downs. When it was crashing this place was buzzing. Now its flattened out everyone seems to be taking a break from this place.
runpaint

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 10:18:40 PM

You're right, we don't have to worry about being shadow-banned here.

Hopefully nobody will ever buy btc.com and make it redirect to a place run by scammers and shadowbanners.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Crestington
Legendary

Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 02:48:22 AM

I'm more under the impression that it's pretty much impossible to run a scam because everything you do is traceable, that is what collapsed the price of PayCoin. Why is there even a need to raise millions of dollars in capital? Does this mean that the money for the Bodyguards is coming out of the ICO funds? How much you reckon it cost to rent two higher quality Bodyguards for a day? Like $600-800

For $800 you could get a Coin made with all the wallets, website, forums, seeder and block explorer hosting for a year.

Just saying  Roll Eyes
runpaint

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 03:17:40 AM

For $800 you could get a Coin made with all the wallets, website, forums, seeder and block explorer hosting for a year.

Just saying  Roll Eyes

Really?  I wish I knew a guy who had the experience and skills to make a coin for $800.  Somebody who can get things done, and add commits to github, and fix wallets and all that.  Such an individual would surely be held in high esteem among his peers at bitcointalk, and also in the trollboxes.

If anyone was looking to hire someone to make a coin for them, I would definitely recommend them to such a respected person.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Crestington
Legendary

Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 04:45:34 AM

Just saying  Roll Eyes

Really?  I wish I knew a guy who had the experience and skills to make a coin for $800.  Somebody who can get things done, and add commits to github, and fix wallets and all that.  Such an individual would surely be held in high esteem among his peers at bitcointalk, and also in the trollboxes.

If anyone was looking to hire someone to make a coin for them, I would definitely recommend them to such a respected person.

I know a few people that can do different things, so it's like 150 for basic sourcecode and windows wallet, you can rent Blockchain and seednode hosting each for about $100 a year. Get a .pw address which costs about $5 and use google for wordpress. Simple machines has an easy setup and a guide on how to host forums. Add in a few extra nodes and some strengthening and your total might be around $800 with the base cost per year about $400.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: