Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:14:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to buy BTC with CC w/o using MG or WU?  (Read 653 times)
Entranced (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 02:20:03 PM

I have limited experience with bitcoins. I do know that I have a purchase of coin I need to make asap and my local bank isn't open today so I can't transfer any money today, meaning I'd need to use my credit card. I've used moneygram and western union in the past, but I can't get the money from my bank today to do that. The only other way I know of (and again, I'm a n00b) is via PayPal. Can someone give me a better or at least other alternatives?
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 02:37:32 PM

I think Coinbase is a good alternative if you want to use CC... Or instead, if you don't want to use MG or WU, you may even use Localbitcoins.com with which you will be able to buy them through a local buyer at your place.

Entranced (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 03:50:26 PM

I think Coinbase is a good alternative if you want to use CC... Or instead, if you don't want to use MG or WU, you may even use Localbitcoins.com with which you will be able to buy them through a local buyer at your place.

I'll check out coinbase. I had thought about localbitcoins and doing a local transaction but that would mean cash, which I don't presently have. I only have a working American Express card at the moment. I use a credit union at my office (very small bank) and they're only opened Monday-Friday. That's why I'm basically looking for any others who have bought coin using credit cards (American Express specifically) from any website or those that know of anyone trustworthy and reliable that they can recommend for a paypal transfer via localbitcoins.com .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: