Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:03:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin wallet error  (Read 963 times)
Tom Dick and Harry (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 06:47:28 PM

I downloaded the bitcoin wallet from bitcoin.org and installed it with not issues on my windows 7 machne now ive been syncing for the past few days and i just got a popup which said my database got corrupted i have tried rebooting my machine and following some tips onlne and made sure i installed correctly but it pops up with that message every time i get close to 21 weeks left is there any reason for this? is it a common error and how can i fix this

its really annoying becase i want to use the bitcoin wallet because its the main one but i might have to move onto multibit or some other client.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Madness

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 11:15:01 AM

I downloaded the bitcoin wallet from bitcoin.org and installed it with not issues on my windows 7 machne now ive been syncing for the past few days and i just got a popup which said my database got corrupted i have tried rebooting my machine and following some tips onlne and made sure i installed correctly but it pops up with that message every time i get close to 21 weeks left is there any reason for this? is it a common error and how can i fix this

its really annoying becase i want to use the bitcoin wallet because its the main one but i might have to move onto multibit or some other client.

No worries mate . when It was synchronizing with the BTC network you probably closed it or shutted down your PC without waiting for the new window to pop up (which you should let it close by it self) so the file of 20GB that it was downloading got corrupted . I had that problem couple of days
Simply what you should do is :
  • https://bitcoin.org/bin/blockchain/bootstrap.dat.torrent   (Using torrent of course , this is a big file it may take time to download depends on your internet speed (but the internet will be maximal so no worries)
  • After downloading that file , simply put it in the Bitcoin Core Data Directory before starting the program. and then you can run and you are fine to go.

=> "Bitcoin Core initial sync can take a long time. You should make sure that you have enough bandwidth and storage for the full block chain size (over 20GB). If you know how to download a torrent file, you can speed up this process by putting bootstrap.dat (a previous copy of the block chain) in the Bitcoin Core data directory before starting the software.

cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1299

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 12:35:49 PM

Another option is to use the 0.10.0rc3, it will download much faster.
admissions

Activity: 107
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 12:37:01 PM

How mch faster? the only reason I try using electrum is because bitcoin core takes tooo long.
Orangina

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 07:59:28 PM

How mch faster? the only reason I try using electrum is because bitcoin core takes tooo long.

It's faster then 0.9.3 but It's not that fast , so you may wanna stick Electrum pretty simple to use & clean
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1299

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 08:44:45 PM

It uses what is called "headers first" so should be substantially faster since it can download blocks from multiple sources.  I brought up a new server using 0.10.0rc1 a few weeks ago and it seemed (subjectively) much faster.  I didn't do benchmarking alas.  ;-)

Thin clients will be much faster for sure, no matter what.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: