Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:10:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Two Amazing things that Cannot be Stolen.  (Read 625 times)
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 06:49:59 PM

1) Bitcoins:
Properly protected BTC cannot be hacked or stolen from you. It is a modern miracle and one of the most secure possessions you can ever have.

2) Genuine enthusiasm:
I arrived here (in 2011) ~1 month before the first major troll invasion. This community was a paradise of quality discussion, debates, active projects, and tons of optimism. I remember people sharing stories about lack of sleep due to wanting to read, learn, and experience the next developments in Bitcoin's exciting adventure.

Genuine enthusiasm can never be stolen from you, but too often we surrender to the general darkness which seems to be almost everywhere.

Is the future still bright?
Do you remember the last time you were really excited about the Bitcoin project?
...or anything at all?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 06:55:14 PM

1) Bitcoins:
Properly protected BTC cannot be hacked or stolen from you. It is a modern miracle and one of the most secure possessions you can ever have.

2) Genuine enthusiasm:
I arrived here (in 2011) ~1 month before the first major troll invasion. This community was a paradise of quality discussion, debates, active projects, and tons of optimism. I remember people sharing stories about lack of sleep due to wanting to read, learn, and experience the next developments in Bitcoin's exciting adventure.

Genuine enthusiasm can never be stolen from you, but too often we surrender to the general darkness which seems to be almost everywhere.

Do you remember the last time you were really excited about the Bitcoin project?
...or anything at all?

1. Your funds are not safe neither in "cold storage". Read:

http://www.coindesk.com/research-hackers-install-backdoor-bitcoin-cold-storage/

many of you says: "cold storage is the best". well. it is not. that explains many hacks in Bitcoin which some of the bitcoiners considered to be very safe.

2. the genuine enthusiasm is necessary when you deal with a bubble like Bitcoin..otherwise the bubble cannot grow. it will remain a little bubble Smiley
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 07:25:49 PM

1) Bitcoins:

2) Genuine enthusiasm:

...or anything at all?

many of you says: "cold storage is the best". well. it is not. that explains many hacks in Bitcoin which some of the bitcoiners considered to be very safe.

2. the genuine enthusiasm is necessary when you deal with a bubble like Bitcoin..otherwise the bubble cannot grow. it will remain a little bubble Smiley

1. Do NOT misinform people with half news.

Ivan Pustogarov, a researcher at the University of Luxembourg's cryptology research group, said an attempt to smuggle compromised ECDSA code into a popular open-source wallet, for example, would be discovered by the public.

"In open-source [software] on a large scale ... The code will be analysed at some point in time and the malicious implementation detected," he said.

Unless you are carrying compromised ECDSA, which is almost impossible if you use an open source wallet like Bitcoin core, your coins are secure.

2. History has proven it multiple times...

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 07:28:28 PM

...or anything at all?

year 2000 with ED2K network.

and in 2015 ?
It's the second network on the earth to transmit freely ... without any restrictions.

Yes, 15 years after ...  Shocked
mayax
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 07:36:37 PM

1) Bitcoins:

2) Genuine enthusiasm:

...or anything at all?

1. Do NOT misinform people with half news.

Ivan Pustogarov, a researcher at the University of Luxembourg's cryptology research group, said an attempt to smuggle compromised ECDSA code into a popular open-source wallet, for example, would be discovered by the public.

"In open-source [software] on a large scale ... The code will be analysed at some point in time and the malicious implementation detected," he said.

Unless you are carrying compromised ECDSA, which is almost impossible if you use an open source wallet like Bitcoin core, your coins are secure.

2. History has proven it multiple times...

1. these is the news as it is. not half : "Even if the manufacturer (https://bitcoin.org/) claims that it runs open-source code, how do you tell whether it is actually running what you compiled....... some pieces of open-source code are so large and complex that even a dedicated community of developers may not detect a malicious addition."?"    Verbücheln said.

Please read the whole demonstration carefully and with your brain not with something else Smiley

2. what history? bitcoin = 6 years = aprox 500.000 active users.  you're right. Bitcoin will be history soon Smiley
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 07:59:33 PM

~1 month before the first major troll invasion.

1. Your funds are not safe neither in "cold storage".
2. trolling trolling trolling bubble like Bitcoin..otherwise the bubble cannot grow. it will remain a little bubble..troll troll troll

lol...irony much?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
mayax
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:02:37 PM

2. trolling trolling trolling bubble like Bitcoin..otherwise the bubble cannot grow. it will remain a little bubble..troll troll troll

lol...irony much?

be honest. Did you use linden dollars as well ? I think you are one of those who spend fortunes in "Second Life" Smiley
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:22:29 PM

"properly protected"  lol... anything that's properly protected can still be stolen.  A hand gun and a little patience has been proven to break many forms of security.

I guess I just thought I was genuinely enthusiastic all those times I struck out at the club.  ha!

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:24:25 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2015, 08:37:57 PM by AgentofCoin

1) Bitcoins:

2) Genuine enthusiasm:

...or anything at all?

Mayax,
Can you do me a favor and provide information related to "many hacks in Bitcoin which some of the bitcoiners considered to be very safe", that were held in cold storage?
I'm not interested in hot wallet addresses that were compromised by hacks into their computer/server systems.
I'm interested in known bitcoin losses that were held in cold storage addresses.
Links to articles or stories would be appreciated.
Thank you.

-AgentofCoin

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 08:33:50 PM

lol...irony much?

be honest. Did you use linden dollars as well ? I think you are one of those who spend fortunes in "Second Life" Smiley

When I first read about Linden dollars and Second Life I read about how the dollars were distributed. I saw that it was issued by a central entity. The article I read said the rate was just over 1 Linden per dollar (or whatever ratio it was), so I did a quick search for the conversion since the article was older. The rate was 2 Linden per dollar. I could see where that was going. No need to touch a currency that could be issued by a central authority at its own whims. Never played the game but did have a job interview from a company that wanted me to develop for them.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:43:28 PM

1) Bitcoins:

2) Genuine enthusiasm:

...or anything at all?

+1 on both counts.

Although I arrived during that "first troll wave" Smiley Actually, many of us from that boom couldn't stop devouring bitcoin-related material (similar to the stories Roger and Andreas tell about their first weeks/months).

Been 3.5yrs for me, and I haven't stopped. Bitcoin is such a complex, deep, and multi-disciplinary topic that it's difficult not to keep thinking about it.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: