Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:34:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nobel Prize - Satoshi Nakamoto  (Read 1831 times)
JPage (OP)

Activity: 399
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 07:23:09 PM

Lets face it, it won't be too long before Sweden will start talking about giving the Nobel Prize in Economics to Satoshi.  That is pretty much a certainty.  But, who will receive the prize?  Satoshi is long gone and never coming back. 

I think Andreas Antonopoulos should accept it on his behalf.  Andreas is true father of bitcoin after satoshi and continues to be a great ambassador for the community now. 
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 12:02:18 AM

I doubt it will happen for a while... just seems unlikely that the establishment will give bitcoin that much visibility right now.  if it does happen it would likely be Gavin accepting.

Puberty

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 12:14:54 AM

if it does happen it would likely be Gavin accepting.

This. I believe Satoshi chose Gavin to be his successor:

Quote from: Bitcoin.it
Just before he left, he set up Gavin Andresen as his successor by giving him access to the Bitcoin SourceForge project and a copy of the alert key.

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅2̲̅0̲̅0̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅2̲̅0̲̅0̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅2̲̅0̲̅0̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  ★★★★★  [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅2̲̅0̲̅0̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 12:31:08 AM

By the time that happens, I hope some of us are donating to the Nobel Foundation, so they've got something worth giving away... ... ...

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
beatleap

Activity: 99
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 12:32:50 AM

How does one get nominated for a nobel prize? can anyone nominate anyone? im unfamilar but Gavin & satoshi deserve it.
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 12:34:56 AM

Lets face it, it won't be too long before Sweden will start talking about giving the Nobel Prize in Economics to Satoshi.  That is pretty much a certainty.  But, who will receive the prize?  Satoshi is long gone and never coming back. 

I think Andreas Antonopoulos should accept it on his behalf.  Andreas is true father of bitcoin after satoshi and continues to be a great ambassador for the community now. 

I dont know who will take the prize, but The Bitcoin Foundation will definitely try to grab it. Wink

BitcoinCurve~

Activity: 80
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 12:35:48 AM

I dont know who will take the prize, but The Bitcoin Foundation will definitely try to grab it. Wink

lmao I dont think they are going to get it
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 12:55:45 AM

First more important, let's ensure success of the bitcoin network. Fact is, there are tons of people who would want bitcoin to fail so much that all they want is to have bad publicity on bitcoin. they will do anything to stop the nobel prize nomination in the first place.

Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 01:29:35 AM

Nobel committee has a tendency to be 10-20 even 30 years behind the curve in the sciences, when the progress the discovery made was obvious straight away. Since it's going to take a while to get them stuffy economics professors even mildly perturbed, I think it could be 10 years after BTC has had mass adoption before we'd even expect it would be considered.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 02:41:21 AM

What would Satoshi want? He might be honored if he won the Nobel. But, as he seems to want anonymity, he probably would want anonymity with regard to the Nobel.

The thing Satoshi would like more than ever is, for us to make Bitcoin grow. How to do it? Some of us are already, by sharing with others, or by using it in business. The thing the rest of us need to do, myself included, is to get to work and do more.

Anyway, I think that this is something that Satoshi would like way more than the Nobel Peace Prize.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 04:25:57 AM

Wow, that's a great point!  I never even thought about the Nobel prize and application to bitcoin.  Bitcoin has been huge and spawned several other virtual currencies that have been responsible for fund raisers and have just helped so many people. 

There is a Nobel prize for economics and I definitely can see bitcoin fitting in to a nobel prize for economics.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:01:59 AM

Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences is not created by Nobel but Swedish central bank, do you think that banks will give the prize to their competitor?  Grin

MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 05:18:54 AM

Lets face it, it won't be too long before Sweden will start talking about giving the Nobel Prize in Economics to Satoshi.  That is pretty much a certainty.

Why would they give the prize to someone who vanished with 1 million Bitcoins at a time when the community needed him most?

zetaray

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:51:31 AM

When bitcoin has mass adoption, or blockchain technology succeeds in another area, Satoshi will be awarded the Nobel prize for economics. This would be at least 5 years away.

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 11:11:37 AM

I think they shall rather just anounce him as the noble prize winner and make a showcase of the prize somehwere with all about Bitcoins
as like a "museum" , people will get to know of bitcoins that way
and if Mr. Nakamoto ever decides to come up , he can just grab his award  Undecided
newIndia
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 11:17:53 AM

Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences is not created by Nobel but Swedish central bank, do you think that banks will give the prize to their competitor?  Grin

Rather than looking for a prize, some of the bitcoin institutions may bond together to create a Nobel Memorial Prize in Decentralized Digital Currency.

Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 11:25:33 AM

Well Satoshi does deserve the nobel prize without any doughts but they can't give it to him since he is simply annonymus and he may never come back just like you said.
and I don't think that Andreas M. Antonopoulos deserve the prize to be honest , if they should give it to someone else then Gavin the man for it

pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 06:13:12 PM

I thought he'll get this years prize.
In the event of his disappearance I think the Nobel Prize may be awarded to the Bitcoin itself just like European Union won Nobel Peace Prize in 2012.

newIndia
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 06:36:00 PM

I thought he'll get this years prize.
In the event of his disappearance I think the Nobel Prize may be awarded to the Bitcoin itself just like European Union won Nobel Peace Prize in 2012.

Have some limit in your dream. Last year bitcoin emerged as the worst investment of the year.

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 12:46:35 AM

I don't think it will happen. Just like he'll never be elected president...there are some things that won't happen to people who choose to remain anonymous…and I think he will remain so.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: