Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:57:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is so so dead...  (Read 3452 times)
BitProdigy (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 114

We Are The New Wealthy Elite, Gentlemen

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:51:24 AM

In the year 2010 I was introduced to bitcoin while listening to a philosophy podcast. At that time bitcoin had just CRASHED all the way from $30 down to $3. The "bubble" had popped if you will, and it was quite clear to everyone that bitcoin was dead.

So I decided to buy 500 Bitcoin.

The very next day I walked into my garage and accidentally stepped onto a rake which flew up and hit me in the head and was knocked out cold and remained in a coma for 5 years.

I woke from my coma yesterday and the first thing that I did was ask what the price of bitcoin was doing, the answer i got was, "Bitcoin is dead, it's just crashed all the way down to $197."
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mkc

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 06:01:48 AM

Gee, you out for 5 years and after you wake up, first thing you ask about bitcoin. Should you ask about your love ones,even who is the president?
My point is, because you ask about bitcoin first thing, bitcoin is not dead.
BitProdigy (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 06:10:31 AM

Perhaps I should have put a disclaimer that this is a fictional story.
redwraith

Activity: 188
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 06:11:23 AM

In the year 2010 I was introduced to bitcoin while listening to a philosophy podcast. At that time bitcoin had just CRASHED all the way from $30 down to $3. The "bubble" had popped if you will, and it was quite clear to everyone that bitcoin was dead.

The very next day I walked into my garage and accidentally stepped onto a rake which flew up and hit me in the head and was knocked out cold and remained in a coma for 5 years.

I woke from my coma yesterday and the first thing that I did was ask what the price of bitcoin was doing, the answer i got was, "Bitcoin is dead, it's just crashed all the way down to $197."

HaHa  I see what you did there...  Well played!

For those that don't understand:  Bitcoin has lost 90% of its value twice already since 2011 before moving to new highs.  We are now approaching -90% from the last high.  Good times are ahead for bitcoin holders.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 06:21:46 AM

FYI:
That first big bust started in June 2011 (not 2010)

flipstyle

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 06:30:12 AM

Unfortunately, all that bitcoin profit will now go to your 5 years worth of medical bills, and probably won't cover it. Tongue

:sarcasm:
Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 06:38:08 AM

Yes, a good joke for the one who believe bitcoin is dead.
irfan_pak10
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1650

Sugars.zone

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 06:59:23 AM

The top of first "bubble" created in 8 July 2011, followed by the first price drop

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 06:59:46 AM

The coma story sounds legit Roll Eyes

I think the downtrend might be close to end. At least that is what I am hoping as I am buying.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 07:01:40 AM

The lesson to learn from this fictional story is 'all good things come to those who wait', so go now buy BTC and get into a coma.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
BitProdigy (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 07:23:24 AM

I think the downtrend might be close to end. At least that is what I am hoping as I am buying.

I am hoping it stays below $200 for as long as possible, I can only buy a certain amount every check. The longer the price stays low, the more Bitcoin I will own.

bitcoinbot

Activity: 357
Merit: 130

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 08:06:56 AM

The bitcoin price will continue to fall. It's been falling all 2014 and dropped dramatically early 2015.
I can't see things changing anytime soon.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 08:23:13 AM

The bitcoin price will continue to fall. It's been falling all 2014 and dropped dramatically early 2015.
I can't see things changing anytime soon.

do you ever see any changes or just post what your being paid too

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 09:18:13 AM

Note to self: Hunt me down a rake to step on.

madmax6688

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 09:47:43 AM

Meanwhile Bitcoinpro thinks: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=928431
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 10:33:50 AM

The gist of the message is that from $30 it went up to $200 in 5 years, so if you are saying it's dead, then think again whether the statement holds true.  Grin Grin Grin

freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 10:39:50 AM

I am hoping it stays below $200 for as long as possible, I can only buy a certain amount every check. The longer the price stays low, the more Bitcoin I will own.

Beware the rake though
Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 10:39:57 AM

The gist of the message is that from $30 it went up to $200 in 5 years, so if you are saying it's dead, then think again whether the statement holds true.  Grin Grin Grin

Cool story bro , seems legit  Roll Eyes
Anyway no it's not dead , it will probably keep dropping but this dosen't make it dead at all . at least not for me ... beside it will eventually rise once again and rise badly... It just may take some time

freequant

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 10:43:07 AM

Take away from this thread: stick to first degree when you post on Bitcointalk.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 05:07:25 PM

Gee, you out for 5 years and after you wake up, first thing you ask about bitcoin. Should you ask about your love ones,even who is the president?
My point is, because you ask about bitcoin first thing, bitcoin is not dead.

that is always my question when iam on toilette.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: