Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:15:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is so so dead...  (Read 3452 times)
Warren Buffert

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 05:01:36 PM

I thought the bulltards told us not to focus on price though? So let's look at bitcoin itself. Since 2011, there has been essentially no improvement to the protocol itself. The only difference is that you can spend them with a few stores online, but still, they're just being dumped immediately to dirty fiat and not being held by the merchants. If the merchants won't even hold bitcoin, that tells us it's not a useful currency. So essentially, the only reason we're still sticking around $200 is because of speculators.

Will these speculators drive the price up again? Maybe... but I doubt it. Sooner or later the people will realize the emperor has no clothes. There just isn't any reason for ordinary people to use bitcoin, and the value will ultimately reflect that reality.

GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 05:51:15 PM

I thought the bulltards told us not to focus on price though? So let's look at bitcoin itself. Since 2011, there has been essentially no improvement to the protocol itself. The only difference is that you can spend them with a few stores online, but still, they're just being dumped immediately to dirty fiat and not being held by the merchants. If the merchants won't even hold bitcoin, that tells us it's not a useful currency. So essentially, the only reason we're still sticking around $200 is because of speculators.

Will these speculators drive the price up again? Maybe... but I doubt it. Sooner or later the people will realize the emperor has no clothes. There just isn't any reason for ordinary people to use bitcoin, and the value will ultimately reflect that reality.

Just wait until the USD collapses, after that they will have no alternative.

Gold will be confiscated, so ordinary people wont have any other place to go but Bitcoin and other crypto coins.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 06:04:07 PM

Gold will be confiscated, so ordinary people wont have any other place to go but Bitcoin and other crypto coins.

There's always BTCeanie BTCabies tho...
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4505

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 06:13:11 PM

Bitcoin won't help if all it takes is a few hours of waterboarding to make you cough up your private keys.

Cheesy
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 06:20:37 PM

Bitcoin won't help if all it takes is a few hours of waterboarding to make you cough up your private keys.

Cheesy

I dont know my private keys, so they can torture me all day to get it, there is no way i can tell because even i dont know them. They are kept secure that even i dont know them Smiley

There's always BTCeanie BTCabies tho...

Yeah, like a stuffed toy that weights half kilogram wont be suspicious to the statists  Cheesy

C`mon man, either you have your gold offshore in a vault somewhere in Bahamas or some no-name island, or you can see it confiscated by one or other form.

The soft way is that the state will buy up the vault legally, and then "manage" the gold inside it.

*manage means steal it and sell it

The hard way is just to send in SWAT teams and confiscate it on some vague anti-money laundering charges...

Either way, you can say bye bye to your gold.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
pattu1

Activity: 675
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:57:24 AM

Cheesy

Multisignature... with the other keys held by your friend in the other side of the world.
elephantas1

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:12:03 PM

I woke from my coma yesterday
and you decided to make a post about bitcoin five years after you have been out of your life. either you are lying or you are really dumb

The only dumb person here is you.
why? i just said my opinion about his decision
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:27:08 AM

Sub 200's is the new 3's.
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:32:59 AM

Hah, what a great story! Of course it's nothing more - just a story, but the message behind it is very well and true. People new to Bitcoin consider the price they joined Bitcoin as the "normal" price and don't even consider the price before that. They can't seem to grasp the possibility of Bitcoin still being in its infancy.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:16:21 AM

In the year 2010 I was introduced to bitcoin while listening to a philosophy podcast. At that time bitcoin had just CRASHED all the way from $30 down to $3. The "bubble" had popped if you will, and it was quite clear to everyone that bitcoin was dead.

So I decided to buy 500 Bitcoin.

The very next day I walked into my garage and accidentally stepped onto a rake which flew up and hit me in the head and was knocked out cold and remained in a coma for 5 years.

I woke from my coma yesterday and the first thing that I did was ask what the price of bitcoin was doing, the answer i got was, "Bitcoin is dead, it's just crashed all the way down to $197."

but your wife ran away with mark karpeles.  Grin

for 850,000 btc , i will sell mark karpeles my wife and get a new one Smiley
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:20:41 AM

Speculators with deep pocket.

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:22:01 AM

the value is international transfers that currently cost too much with western union and banks
those are the advantages as well as having some assets that can be moved around freely without government oversight
they price will  always recover
waaat?

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:39:31 AM

Bitcoin has nothing to do anymore with the original satoshi-idea. It has nothing to do with 'the people'. The foundation is hijacked and Gavin is a sockpuppet too.

Bitcoin is not anymore about freeing people from the shakles of the banking system. It has become a game of whores, whoring for big money.

Bitcoin now only relies on the good will/stupidity of the large investors. If they change their mind now what are the moneywhores in bitcoin gonna do?

Keep whoring for big pocket investors and see where you are going to end up.
tadakaluri

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 03:47:28 AM

Yes, Most of the BTCs are at bigger investors. They play the game.  Small investors like us must Crush in every price Crash.
flipstyle

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:18:00 AM

Bitcoin has nothing to do anymore with the original satoshi-idea. It has nothing to do with 'the people'. The foundation is hijacked and Gavin is a sockpuppet too.

Bitcoin is not anymore about freeing people from the shakles of the banking system. It has become a game of whores, whoring for big money.

Bitcoin now only relies on the good will/stupidity of the large investors. If they change their mind now what are the moneywhores in bitcoin gonna do?

Keep whoring for big pocket investors and see where you are going to end up.

It's a very interesting exercise in the 'greater fool' theory.  At this point, only the early adopters, scammers, and market shorters are the ones left out of the 'fool' discussion.

The great majority of the rest seem to be bunched into the baghodler 'get rich quick' boat that already left the dock nearly a year ago. (as is evident by all the price infatuation threads in every subforum).

Smart money has already filtered into assets with intrinsic value such as precious metals with real world industrial and electronic uses.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:24:23 PM

The very next day I walked into my garage and accidentally stepped onto a rake which flew up and hit me in the head and was knocked out cold and remained in a coma for 5 years.

Was the rake damaged? That's the main thing.

yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:51:56 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2015, 04:40:54 PM by yefi

Was the rake damaged? That's the main thing.

It's still in hospital in a coma. We're all rooting for it, but it's going to be a hard fight.
R2D221

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:50:09 PM

[...]
At that time bitcoin had just CRASHED all the way from $30 down to $3.

[...]

"Bitcoin is dead, it's just crashed all the way down to $197."

No matter how you look at it, you just benefited for having Bitcoin all these years. Why would you say it's dead when it's worth more than it was before your coma?

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: