Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:18:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW WILL THE COMING ECONOMIC COLLAPSE EFFECT BITCOIN?  (Read 1199 times)
Blazin604 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 07:05:05 AM

The title says it all...the world is headed in a scary direction in 2015. How will the collapse of the us dollar and a world war effect the price of BTC?

Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 07:40:34 AM

The title says it all...the world is headed in a scary direction in 2015. How will the collapse of the us dollar and a world war effect the price of BTC?
I don't think the us dollar will collapse.
Blazin604 (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 12:50:53 PM

It will.

findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 02:46:59 PM

It will.
And it will happen this year, or in 2022 Grin
Damn, I must watch those back to the future movies again.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 03:14:17 PM

It will.

Funny you should mention that.  They are out on remastered blu ray and are awesome.

findftp
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 03:22:58 PM

It will.

Funny you should mention that.  They are out on remastered blu ray and are awesome.

I just downloaded all three of them. Grin
Gonna start this evening with part one.
hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 04:48:29 PM

If by "scary" you mean that there's a chance we could escape the dark ages, yeah it will be scary. 

Without fiat there can be no fiat-funded wars.  The long term averaged value of the btc will continue to go up regardless.
Blazin604 (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 04:58:25 PM

If by "scary" you mean that there's a chance we could escape the dark ages, yeah it will be scary. 

Without fiat there can be no fiat-funded wars.  The long term averaged value of the btc will continue to go up regardless.

Should be interesting to see what happens this year

Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:13:27 PM

If anything it will drive the price of bitcoin up therefore helping us achieve mass adoption and hopefully more people would come into the market and start developing ease of use software.
Rishblitz

Activity: 308

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:14:41 PM

If the world doesn't go to shit and you can still access a computer bitcoin will be fine.

Blazin604 (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:41:35 PM

I hope I am wrong but Russia and the USA are looking like they will go to war sometime soon. Almost seems inevitable.

findftp
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:47:49 PM

If the world doesn't go to shit and you can still access a computer bitcoin will be fine.
True. It's either bitcoin or gold in the end.
Now it's safe to bet on both of them
Rishblitz

Activity: 308

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 06:05:11 PM

I hope I am wrong but Russia and the USA are looking like they will go to war sometime soon. Almost seems inevitable.

many people believe including me that this will happen and it does seem inevitable.

Blazin604 (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 06:08:43 PM

Theoretically the price should shoot up. I suspect this year to be the "year of bitcoin".

findftp
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 08:41:20 AM

many people believe including me that this will happen and it does seem inevitable.

Yes, of course people will go to war sometimes.
But when? That's the question.
Could take another thousand years.
Blazin604 (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 04:28:11 PM

I say war within the next 8 months. Calling it here.

rtserv

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:36:26 PM

It is likely to happen but I can't say it is inevitable. There must be clever people somewhere in these governments.
Such a war will destroy not only Russia but also Europe and the US. There will be no winners. China can be damaged too.
findftp
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:42:15 PM

Ok, quote you on that. What's the stake? Grin
Let's bet something on it, just for fun.

It is likely to happen but I can't say it is inevitable. There must be clever people somewhere in these governments.
Such a war will destroy not only Russia but also Europe and the US. There will be no winners. China can be damaged too.

Hahahaha Grin Grin
Good one. Clever people. ROTFLMAO.
They don't give a fuck about you (us). They only care about your fear. And that's something they can count on so to see. (no offend)
Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 08:03:04 PM

This is not the first time this has happened to BTC and it will not be the last, BTC is a long game.
It may be overpriced at the moment, but there is value there and as the current paradigm falls apart as it inevitably will, there will be demand once more.
Few years ago $200 was a pipe dream for BTC.
Right now it seems like there is a loss of confidence in Bitcoin's price (hence low demand to buy) but confidence in Bitcoin as a monetary tool continues to be high.
rtserv

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 08:44:24 PM

Ok, quote you on that. What's the stake? Grin
Let's bet something on it, just for fun.

Hahahaha Grin Grin
Good one. Clever people. ROTFLMAO.
They don't give a fuck about you (us). They only care about your fear. And that's something they can count on so to see. (no offend)

Where exactly did you see the fear? This is my educated guess that there will be no winners. Did you see a winner in Afghanistan, Syria or Libya? Do you see a winner in Ukraine?
And if you haven't noticed the war has started already. The question is if they are going to keep it local or not. Why do you think John Cary was in Europe last week? Do you think he is on a vacation there? And why the US ship Donald Cook arrived in Varna? It is not a cruise ship. It is a battle ship.
I am not afraid. These are the facts.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: