Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:30:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2015 - YOUR ALL GETTING SCAMMED!!  (Read 1417 times)
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 11:38:57 PM

NxT was the first to be scammin' in 2013 and it continues to this day.  Jeff Garzik, Bitcoin Developer, has said the scams / thefts in NxT are probable inside jobs.  Is there a backdoor switch in Belarus / France / Netherlands?

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 12:04:46 AM

Oh wow, so many replies!

But then wouldn't this thread be proof then that negative interest garners more interest than posting something positive?

Myself, I read it as a rough gauge of sentiment around here. Remember how awful the general mood was in early 2009? That, actually, was the time to start buying stocks. Simple contrarian analysis: 1) People broadcast what they've already done, because they want you to join them; 2) Sentiment usually goes overboard.

1) says that when "everyone" is bullish, "everyone" has already bought. Mutatis mutandis for "everyone" bearish. Add 2) and you've got a basic ready-to-go contrarian model. Smiley

Of course, it's not as easy as it looks. Wink Buying when sentiment is gloomy is a great way to rattle your nerves. The contrarian model actually said that the best time to start buying stocks was at the beginning of November 2008. Doing so meant riding through the final panic in Feb-Mar of '09.

Contariwise, selling when "everyone" is bullish inevitably means selling too soon - and feeling like a complete idiot as the market keeps going up and up. That's because there's an MLMish side to every bull market blow-off where new money comes in and listens to "everyone." With the gloom comes normally strong hands being worn down and throwing their hands in.

Fact is, simple evergreen strategies keep on working because all of them are psychologically costly. In a very real sense, you're compensated for taking pain and learning how to act "inhumanly".

Thanks for starting this topic. It confirms my hunch that the sentiment around here is pretty depressed/angry.

BTW: one reliable aspect of a bear market is declining volume and interest. Have you noticed that it's much easier to catch up on the goings-on around here than it was in March of last year? IOW, have you seen the topic and post count declining along with Bitcoin & most alts?

I see a lot more mature discussion around here than a year ago. If you discount all the address spam then the actual amount of threads with real substance to them is around 3-4 times more than it was a year ago. The amount of real developers in the space has improved as well and the general knowledge of people on the forums into how Blockchains actually work has also improved.

Even some of the scam threads I highlighted, more of that is attention seeking and you can see some very good discussion on economics, particularly in the NXT, Nubits and Bitshares scam threads where the developers and community members discuss the criticism's openly.

I think it helps to give an idea of where the CryptoCurrency space is heading and general sentiment. One thing is for sure though, people love scam threads.
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 01:15:07 AM

Not all are scam.
Check NakamotoDark

hahahhahahahhahha  Grin

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +