Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:26:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal is so stupid to use I am actually transferring my money to Bitcoin  (Read 1131 times)
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 10:20:28 AM

Paypal has just been getting that bad to use now that I find that it's actually easier for me to buy some Bitcoin and send it over to the domain host I use instead. The amount of interference from paypal and how it generally makes the whole process unpleasant because it demands all sorts of personal information from you and on top of that tells you to create an account with them which I will of course hardly ever use and have to remember another fucking password for.

If the conveniences of Bitcoin won't get people to adopt it, then the inconveniences of traditional payments systems will, I've fucking had it with having to enter in an entire fucking form for a digital product every time I want to buy something online. Even then with physical products all you really need is an address, you don't necessarily have to enter in your life story to every company you deal with.

I am extremly patient when it comes to this kind of bullshit, but it really is just getting worse and worse, these payments systems just keep adding more and more layers of 'security' onto their shit without knowing what the fuck they are doing and they still end up getting hacked in the end. Meanwhile exchanges like Bitstamp just has a simple login system and they're doing just fine, I'm with the co-operative bank and I have to enter all sorts of bullshit before I can even look at my own funds nevermind transfer or spend anything!
DYTW

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 01:23:28 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2015, 04:36:11 AM by DYTW

Paypal is pretty straightforward to use and I have been using it for several years now. But I did heard they have some pretty big issues with certain countries. The information that Paypal required from you is actually for your own security according to them but some people see it differently and viewed it as a gross invasion of privacy. Oh well, I guess to each his own.

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:07:27 PM

Paypal is pretty straightforward to use and I have been using it for several years now. But I did heard they have some pretty big issues with certain countries. The information that Paypal required from you is actually for your own security according to them but some people see it differently and viewed it as a gross invasion of privacy. Oh well, I guess to each his own.

Very good points, I agree with you.
Paypal become the most famous payment service online, and they really trying to protect both buyers and sellers.
Of course, not everybody want to share to much private info, but if you don't like paypal policy you are free to choose some other payment service.
Personally I'm very content with paypal, I even receive refund from them when I didn't receive digital service I paid for.
With bitcoin you don't have such buyers protection.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:16:15 PM

Paypal works just good for fiat, but their fees are ridiculous in some cases.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:22:14 PM

Any thing is ridiculous when compared to Bitcoin.
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 05:01:37 PM

lol when a genuine alternative that works and just relies on addresses rather than personal information I just don't see the point in dealing in paper money anymore especially if the other person has no problem accepting Bitcoin.

There really is no point in credit cards or wire transfers now, not if you've had a proper look at what Bitcoin can do.
RixDollar

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:07:46 PM

PayPal is very trustworthy, but their fees are a nightmare.
poisenrang

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:11:31 PM

Paypal has just been getting that bad to use now that I find that it's actually easier for me to buy some Bitcoin and send it over to the domain host I use instead. The amount of interference from paypal and how it generally makes the whole process unpleasant because it demands all sorts of personal information from you and on top of that tells you to create an account with them which I will of course hardly ever use and have to remember another fucking password for.

If the conveniences of Bitcoin won't get people to adopt it, then the inconveniences of traditional payments systems will, I've fucking had it with having to enter in an entire fucking form for a digital product every time I want to buy something online. Even then with physical products all you really need is an address, you don't necessarily have to enter in your life story to every company you deal with.

I am extremly patient when it comes to this kind of bullshit, but it really is just getting worse and worse, these payments systems just keep adding more and more layers of 'security' onto their shit without knowing what the fuck they are doing and they still end up getting hacked in the end. Meanwhile exchanges like Bitstamp just has a simple login system and they're doing just fine, I'm with the co-operative bank and I have to enter all sorts of bullshit before I can even look at my own funds nevermind transfer or spend anything!

ye, too much safety for it, fucks them up. sometimes i cant even make a payment because of some random issue

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:06:55 PM

lol when a genuine alternative that works and just relies on addresses rather than personal information I just don't see the point in dealing in paper money anymore especially if the other person has no problem accepting Bitcoin.

There really is no point in credit cards or wire transfers now, not if you've had a proper look at what Bitcoin can do.

The point is that they're (well credit cards and PayPal) are more convenient. When you go to the mall, you can't buy a new t-shirt or a hamburger with bitcoin. There are a few isolated examples of merchants accepting BTC, but it's so rare that every time a bar or store or whatever starts accepting BTC, they get news coverage and all that.
AccountTrader

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:22:46 AM

I quit using paypal long ago when one day they need to verify me ask for my passport and bills and tracking number of the online service that I provide. How can I provide a tracking number to a service and I don't have passport and identification and mostly I don't have bills.
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:20:45 AM

You are not the first one to notice it.

And every time I see the speculation trolls saying Bitcoin has no real use so it will die out I remember it and why I invested in BTC in the first place
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: