Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:42:48 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN GO UP BITCOIN GO DOWN  (Read 6620 times)
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 02:32:16 PM

taken from there has got to be a bottom soon thread \/ \/
-- - - -   -     
-- - - - --
Nagle
Legendary
Re: There has got to be a bottom soon?
February 01, 2015, 07:48:27 PM
-----------------------------------
-------------\/---------------------------\/   \/   \/ 

Well, last night's low was $208.  Around $220-$225 now.

As I point out occasionally, the two Bitcoin bubbles were driven by external illegal use cases - Silk Road drugs, and China exchange controls evasion.  Both of those holes have now been plugged.  Without a new use case that provides a similar boost, there's no reason for Bitcoin to have a value much higher than it had before the Silk Road bubble. 

242$ now.
kaykawa

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 04:00:06 PM

trap time.
i want cheap btce panicers coins
we will be falling at least another $5

above1000 (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 05:57:06 AM

Summary of the Willy Report
The suspicious user accounts identified by the Willy Report all followed a particular pattern:

Each account was active for a single time period, and only one account was active at a time.
    Each account bought 10-20 bitcoins every 5-10 minutes.
    Each account only bought bitcoin with USD, and never sold any coins.
    Each account bought bitcoin up to a very specific total USD amount (e.g. 2,500,000 USD).
    After each account was "finished", another account would shortly become active and continue buying.
    These accounts were seemingly able to trade even when MtGox was inaccessible to the world.
    All trades by these accounts had unusual data in the trade log files.

This automated trading began on September 27, 2013 and continued at least until the end of the leaked log data (at the end of November 2013). After this point there is no trade data available publicly, but people claim to have observed this behavior continue into 2014, and supposedly at some point after that, the reverse started happening; automated selling of bitcoin at regular intervals.

The second half of the Willy Report investigates another suspicious account in the leaked trade logs, with seemingly incorrect fiat amounts recorded for its trades. This account exhibited different behavior but like Willy it seemed to buy a lot of bitcoin during 2013 (February through September) only to suddenly stop, mere hours before the first Willy account began trading. The report dubbed this user "Markus", and later concluded that it was using the MtGox trading account of CEO Mark Karpelès, though the log data was inconsistent and may have been intentionally manipulated specifically to conceal or obfuscate this account activity. Ultimately the relationship between Markus and Willy remains unclear.
Impact on the MtGox market
Willy bought a very large amount of bitcoin on MtGox during the period of September 27 – November 30 during 2013 (and later, though the leaked logs end on this date), a total of over 250,000 BTC. There is a very high probability that this had a large effect on the price of bitcoin, opening up the possibility that this may have been a plan to manipulate the market rather than (or in addition to) fraudulently acquiring bitcoins. Another speculation has been that MtGox for some reason had a shortage of bitcoins and used their own exchange to acquire more, trading BTC shortage for USD shortage.

To get an overview of just how significant this activity was, the following is a graph of how much of the hourly trade volume on MtGox was actually Willy, with the MtGox bitcoin price overlaid:

As clearly seen, for a lot of the time (especially when the market was otherwise quiet), Willy had a significant presence, and it is hard to think that this would not have an effect on the market and in turn the exchange price, through its added buying pressure. There are even some suspicious incidents where Willy becomes absent and soon afterwards the market "corrects" itself to a lower price level.

A question we cannot answer without more data is what continued influence Willy had after November 30. Certainly there were additional strong price climbs later that in the light of this might now appear suspicious, but it is also a fact that the price never peaked past its high point at the end of November. Did Willy stop trading, or was the amount of bitcoins it bought no longer large enough to keep pushing the price even higher? Did Willy or similar fraudulent trading play any role in the massive price crash that began in early February? And finally, what happened to all the bitcoins that Willy seemingly amassed?
above1000 (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:08:33 AM

http://blog.wizsec.jp/2015/02/mtgox-investigation-release.html

as i was saying /\
the market was manipulated by mt gox
and the ceo made millions

china jumps on board and before they past a slew
of regulations outlawing bitcoin over there
for how ever long that was
they bought sold traded BTC like crazy
which also may have added fire to the bubble

jest seems like when mt gox ran there game
they had full control of the market

big exchanges or some one person technologically
savoy enough to pull off something like this price manipulation
of mt gox need do so ASAP and drive the price into the stratus fear
so all you hackers and computer geniuses figure out this
willy bot stuff buy or steal coins at a low price
manipulate the market skyward and then cash out with
a huge profit as ceo of gox did
this would benefit the rest of us
as the price would go to 1000 or above

also as i said
when mt gox had all them coins of other peoples money
in there vaults
they ran a scheme to increase the value
to gain MAX MONEY out of there game
my guess is Mark Karpeles washed all those coins
into off shore bank accounts at top dollar
to retire on and declared bankruptcy or what ever
and YOU might have dun the same thing
with millions starring you in the face

as i said before
you will need a major frenzy
to bring the price back up or above 1000

in conclusion
the HALF-ING that may happen down the road
producing less BTC coins
may also lead to a increase
in value as less coins will me minted
making those holding coins
more valuable and lead to a higher price ?

also a major adoption of the btc currency would
benefit us or the collapse of regular currency
over all a lot of buying and selling
trading
should lead to a over all value increase

wile a lot of holding seams to stagnate the market
and lower the value

however ?
this is based on logic ?

and with the WILLY REPORT !
we can see jest how important
price manipulation is to the over all
skyward value! ! 
above1000 (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 02:31:11 PM

a quote from some one else with a good look at the bubble'''' ' \/'' ' '' ' '   

i've said it before and i'll say it again - the entire runup of bitcoin from a stable(ish) 100 (that 100 value was arguably heavily manipulated in the first place by artificial capital of previous fraudulent exchanges / drug money driven by the silk road) to the all time high price in the 1200s was driven by a *BILLION* non-existent dollars that MtGox used to "buy" bitcoin off of their own fraudulent exchange (which was at the time by far the highest volume exchange on the planet) ... and just to repeat that for the slow folks ... they used a *BILLION* dollars in fake capital to cause that rise in price ... and you all wonder why people think bitcoin is a scam ? ? ?
brokenchair

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 02:55:32 PM

i've said it before and i'll say it again - the entire runup of bitcoin from a stable(ish) 100 (that 100 value was arguably heavily manipulated in the first place by artificial capital of previous fraudulent exchanges / drug money driven by the silk road) to the all time high price in the 1200s was driven by a *BILLION* non-existent dollars that MtGox used to "buy" bitcoin off of their own fraudulent exchange (which was at the time by far the highest volume exchange on the planet) ... and just to repeat that for the slow folks ... they used a *BILLION* dollars in fake capital to cause that rise in price ... and you all wonder why people think bitcoin is a scam ? ? ?

There are fucking countless commodities, currencies, stocks, that have have been manipulated upwards at one point in time.  Would you say they are all garbage because of it?
I mean they don't even hide oil manipulation, yet guess what, I am pretty sure people buy oil and  invest in it, despite it being manipulated.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 03:05:52 PM

...I am pretty sure people buy oil and  invest in it, despite it being manipulated.

Unlike oil, Bitcoin's ONLY value is speculative.
I need to buy gasoline, even if the price may is being manipulated.  Bitcoin?  Not so much.
Giggs

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 03:22:01 PM

There are fucking countless commodities, currencies, stocks, that have have been manipulated upwards at one point in time.  Would you say they are all garbage because of it?
I mean they don't even hide oil manipulation, yet guess what, I am pretty sure people buy oil and  invest in it, despite it being manipulated.

Everything can be manipulated. Nothing is safe. Banks are always messing with the prices of currencies, interest rates, stocks/shares etc. Does that mean fiat is a scam? Oh, wait, yes it is.
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 03:58:12 PM

Everything can be manipulated. Nothing is safe. Banks are always messing with the prices of currencies, interest rates, stocks/shares etc. Does that mean fiat is a scam? Oh, wait, yes it is.

The central banks and the state are manipulating markets, the banks are just playing the central bank game and gaming a little bit the clients here and there thanks to the laws that protect them from competition and accountability.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 10:00:15 AM

price is on the rising going slowly up this is good

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

rikkie

Activity: 574

Richard Coleman - Chief Executive @ CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 10:03:25 AM

That will always be this way.
It's the same with everything thing you buy on the market.
As the price of gold, on the market dowjones and so.
It can never stay going up. Sometimes there are some corrections up or down.
above1000 (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

some one else s quot \/''
--------------------        - - -

Any of you guys that think for a second that now that Mt. Gox and Willy/Markus/Whatever are gone and the system can't be gamed again are nuts.

This market is still incredibly small, and incredibly controlled by a small number of deep pocket whales that have accounts in every major exchange.

As we speak, they are probably planning their next big runup score and how it will all go down.  They'll spend a year accumulating cheap coins off exchange, then turn on the turbo bots YET AGAIN on every major exchange.

----       --------------------------  - - -

me = /\ basic lee yes,...
there is 2 much money invested
and i try to point out the price manipulation using GOX as a example
they being a huge exchange at the time with a lot of market control...
could the price increase be due 2 natural causes ? growth , expansion , major adoption ?
shore it could.. however GOX blew this thing up in a not=natural way a balloon bubble 
that sum of us got caught in ,with artificially inflated coins .. 

the solution is wait for natural causes to bring the next price increase ? 
or if,,...
GOX played the market ..
IT MUST BE PLAYED AGAIN
the market must be run up in another bubble
and the ones with big money invested, need 2 run the BOT technology
or take it farther and open there own exchange ?
having the know how money and technical experience to do so
could result in market control and big gains...
any way you look at it' the big money players are waiting
the average joes are waiting
for the next big run to the top''',,...
being that bit coin is a unn audible currency
it makes me believe there are sum dark forces at work
working towards the next bubble..
so lets hope in the next year or so, the BOTS go ON and someone,
figures this stuff out, as GOX did, and sends this thing 2 the moon .. . .
so we all can recoup our losses , and or , profit as those in the know will,, from the BOT skyrocket balloon bubble technology'',,...   
. . . . .   .    . 
above1000 (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:01:36 PM

http://bitcoinwisdom.com
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 12:39:50 AM

That will always be this way.
It's the same with everything thing you buy on the market.
As the price of gold, on the market dowjones and so.
It can never stay going up. Sometimes there are some corrections up or down.

What stands out is the volatility of Bitcoin.

above1000 (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 10:04:32 AM

chime-ING back in to add
1) volatility not really helping the situation as of right now
when we were about to break above the 300 mark
there seems to be a downward spiral.
after we go back down
i am hoping we go back upwards
and bounce back upwards and get above the 300 mark.. 

2) EVOLUTION MARKET = a large dark net market has scammed its users making off
with everyone-s coins they had stored in there vaults = SOUNDS FAMILIAR= ? 

3) they most like lee are flooding the market to cash out quick
witch for sum reason could be making the price of BTC go down ?

4)i hope in the weeks months to come there is sum positive for all of us
in  the direction of upward movement

= 1000 for ,1, BTC still seems far away =

cheers ,. 
above1000 (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 06:30:51 PM

my theory revised
when large coin floods to cash out , btc price drops ----
when large buying is present, btc price go-s up ----
   -       -          -           -         -         -          -         -       -   

Can you estimate how much was lost?

i laughed when they said 12m, 33-38m in total was stored across Evolution. Good luck finding it.

- -- -     -    -  /\ -- quoted from a honest admin from evolution -- /\ - --
above1000 (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 03:37:39 AM

BTC-e Suspends Withdrawals to Stop Stolen Coin Dump
March 21, 2015 By Brendon 1 Comment

SHARESFacebookTwitterUpdate:

BTC-e admins have reached out to Coin Fire to state that withdrawals have been re-enabled and that they have no further comments regarding the situation moving forward regarding this or any other security issue. The staff member originally speaking with Coin Fire has informed our team to speak with the administrators only moving forward and reiterated that the exchange has no comment.

In a surprise move, BTC-e has suspended withdrawals from the cryptocurrency exchange in an effort to stop coins from the Evolution theft being exchanged and withdrawn. BTC-e has long been known as a secretive exchange where the owners have never been publicly revealed and coins can be dumped with little oversight.

Coin Fire has learned from an employee at BTC-e via email that withdrawals have been suspended and placed in a manual processing mode. BTC-e staff members are currently evaluating transactions on the exchange platform to review for irregularities connected to the potential laundering of the stolen coins.

The exchange states that it has been in contact with the staff at several other exchanges in a concentrated effort to prevent the stolen coins from being used on a cryptocurrency exchange. A staff member told a Coin Fire contributor,

We are working to stop these coins from moving. If a user gets a PM asking them to perform a withdraw, please alert BTC-e immediately and decline the offer.

BTC-e believes that some users are being asked via private messages to withdraw coins in an effort to help launder the coins for those behind the theft.

Coin Fire will continue to monitor this developing story.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 03:51:55 AM

Glad I came across this as I have coinage on BTC-e right now and didn't know what was going on there and it would've been quite a shock/worry had I tried to withdraw recently. Thx for this update.
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 04:16:35 AM

fkvidar

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 04:05:56 PM

The price is at $261 now and continue to rebound .up or down, it's really unpredictable.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: