Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 10:21:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If 1 million BTC users keep 10BTC would it save us from dead?  (Read 1821 times)
sava7 (OP)

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 03:51:46 PM

Hi,
if eonly 1 million BTC users/community keep 10BTC(more ppl keep more then 10BTC) long time the price would be stable and rise in my opinion, i think most BTC community hold far less below 10BTC, but they spoke as BTC kings, problem is also short traders, BTC should not be like regular stock market in my opinion, idea of BTC was different, but short ppl will always fight about 1usd taken from BTC trading, i would not call them BTC community cause they help fiat not BTC, so is it big proble to get 1 millions of us to keep 10BTC or more? Maybe i think wrong, but it would take ppl from short trading and close all manipulations, we are honest in here or not, or we just speak one thing and to another to scam other members, was it always like that? Why ppl looks like they mostly are centmakers? We can only win and laugh after we will keep 10BTC each minimum long time. Newcomers will buy new generated coins and all will work great. If we will talk having no BTC at the same time our talking is useless:)

just my few words:)

98problems

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:29:52 PM

10 BTC is no small amount of money for a lot of people. A lot of the early adopters had sold their coin at one of many market peaks/bubbles. This would also take up the majority (80%+) of the current total supply of bitcoin

Mellnik

Activity: 242

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:43:29 PM

There aren't even 1kk BTC users. I think there are only 600k?
Madness

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 05:46:16 PM

nop , Even less then that , they are about 250,000 users
Even if it's hard to define with having multiple adresses and multiple accounts on exchangers etc ... all is estimated

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:47:38 PM

So the answer to a financial system that has been manipulated to crap is to try to manipulate another one?

Bitcoin doesn't need this kind of help. The price measured in fiat is down a fraction, well woopie shit. Did the Blockchain disappear or is it broken somehow?
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:49:05 PM

Even if it's hard to define with having multiple adresses and multiple accounts on exchangers etc ... all is estimated

Which is why the Gems app of it does get the million downloads which isn't that crazy in messenger apps it will shot Gems and Bitcoin through the roof.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:53:33 PM

How is it possible that if you diversify something equally amongst limited number of people who will have an exact amount of share, it may hike its price? It depends completely upon the flow of cash coming in and especially, the buyers who want to buy and at what rates...

ujka

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 06:24:10 PM

Save us from death? Nothing. We are all mortals.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 06:27:56 PM

I really doubt there are 1M people willing to just HODL 10 BTC( around 2k dollar at the moment). No trading, no gambling, no spend, just hold.

michinzx

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 07:37:16 PM

10 BTC is no small amount of money for a lot of people. A lot of the early adopters had sold their coin at one of many market peaks/bubbles. This would also take up the majority (80%+) of the current total supply of bitcoin

this and the fact that bitcoin isnt well - known by the people that can afford this investment with little to no financial consequences. And I doubt many of these people would even be willing to make that purchase with the recent price drop with little confidence on how the price will change.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 07:40:02 PM

this and the fact that bitcoin isnt well - known by the people that can afford this investment with little to no financial consequences. And I doubt many of these people would even be willing to make that purchase with the recent price drop with little confidence on how the price will change.

Bitcoin doesn't need to be "suppress /holded" , it was created for spend it to buy product anonymously if the other parte sell it for dollar ( it is not a great decision). However I hope when the people stop to dump their bitcoin the price will be stabilized and more people can use directly bitcoin without be worried about the price in dollars or euros.
Rols

Activity: 636

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 07:45:21 PM

Hi,
if eonly 1 million BTC users/community keep 10BTC(more ppl keep more then 10BTC) long time the price would be stable and rise in my opinion, i think most BTC community hold far less below 10BTC, but they spoke as BTC kings, problem is also short traders, BTC should not be like regular stock market in my opinion, idea of BTC was different, but short ppl will always fight about 1usd taken from BTC trading, i would not call them BTC community cause they help fiat not BTC, so is it big proble to get 1 millions of us to keep 10BTC or more? Maybe i think wrong, but it would take ppl from short trading and close all manipulations, we are honest in here or not, or we just speak one thing and to another to scam other members, was it always like that? Why ppl looks like they mostly are centmakers? We can only win and laugh after we will keep 10BTC each minimum long time. Newcomers will buy new generated coins and all will work great. If we will talk having no BTC at the same time our talking is useless:)

Bitcoin is a spendable coin. It don't die because the value goes down. You are an idiot.  Grin
kingbruce

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 07:48:50 PM

10 BTC is no small help to be honest people have to expand bitcoin business and make it something more people want to use. Also all these upstart coins need to stop in my opinion. That is why I am glad to see Microsoft, times, overstock and other start to see this as being something possible. I am currently working on a few projects so that people can spread the use of bitcoins and find ways to make it more wide spread. Also we have to find a way to stop all these hackers from doing what they are doing.
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 08:30:28 PM

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 08:37:15 PM

Where do you get those numbers from? Coinbase has 1.9 million unique users (KYC) and they just started to leave the US.
China has greater adoption than the US. Thus there are ~4-5 million bitcoin holders worldwide now.

unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 08:37:48 PM

Hi,

here you can find some really helpfull
stats on bitcoin address/Btc distribution..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=353156.msg10193767#msg10193767

you can see who address with 1000 or more btc are not so many...

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 1435

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 08:43:12 PM

Hi,

why not wait for it to stop going down first?  if you are willing to ride the trend down, then i suggest waiting and buying 10 BTC at a lower price.  the way it's going now, this could still go down.  btc is not out of the woods yet.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 08:44:29 PM

Come to think of it though, it's close to 10M that's been lying dormant 6 months. Some analysis said 70% of all coins aren't moving for 6 months or longer.... not sure if recent price activity shook that up any though. But if you're gonna hold it for 6 months, it doesn't seem like you're going to flinch at shadows and dump in a panic.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 1435

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 08:52:19 PM

Come to think of it though, it's close to 10M that's been lying dormant 6 months. Some analysis said 70% of all coins aren't moving for 6 months or longer.... not sure if recent price activity shook that up any though. But if you're gonna hold it for 6 months, it doesn't seem like you're going to flinch at shadows and dump in a panic.

let's hope those people don't choose to dump tho...  there's always that possibility.  if one sells, the others follow.. it's like they're playing a game of chicken.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 08:54:27 PM

here you can find some really helpfull
stats on bitcoin address/Btc distribution..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=353156.msg10193767#msg10193767

you can see who address with 1000 or more btc are not so many...

Here is the English page -
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=316297.0

The last update was 4/2014.

The amount of bitcoin holders now will be extremely difficult to predict as services like changetip are exploding with new users.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: