Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:51:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is crypto as a financial investment doomed?  (Read 2258 times)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:34:42 PM

Is crypto as a financial investment doomed?

I hope so. I want to use Bitcoin as a currency.
Amen. It has become a confusing sideshow in the economy.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:35:30 PM

There's no need for more than one cryptocurrency, and Bitcoin won that race.

The other crypto currencies have shown us that bitcoin could be worthless like the ________(100s, 1000s, Huh?) of alt coins.   
I don't believe that it will be worthless, but it has no reason to be worth anything if something else came along that did the same thing, but had a better infrastructure, which is the only reason btc is better than any other crypto by a landslide.

you guys are aware that building infrastructure is not a fingersnip aren't you?

go to the altcoin landscape, there are wonderful technological advanced currency maybe far better than bitcoin at its core which fail brutally.

that bitcoin fails like an altcoin will not happen and in the case it will be replaced it will take enough time that everyone here will see it - the altcoin having the plan to replace bitcoin should really really hurry
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 04:42:27 PM

Bitcoin will be seen as a financial investment for years as people look at it as an asset with potential to grow and not a means of exchange. It will take massive adoption and stability.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 05:56:48 PM

not doomed, just a reset for now, the altscene just stopped for a "moment", not really dead
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 07:04:30 PM

not doomed, just a reset for now, the altscene just stopped for a "moment", not really dead
It's not stopped imo, the freemarket is just doing it's work and making all the alts that are worth nothing dissapear (and most of them are worth nothing). But you can still find a lot of projects that are worth investing in. Just like in "non crypto" projects, most of the stuff out there is just not necessary, thats why getting rich is a hard game.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 11:24:22 AM

It has attracted people who otherwise wouldn't care about Bitcoin. It has its advantages. Smiley
findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 12:16:53 PM

^ this.

These times are just moments in history when people are figuring out what the best currency is while they already know but were too late to the game to get rich quick so they inject some hopium in their veins and gamble with some shitcoin in the hope they "earn" some bitcoin for it instead.
Don't be fooled, don't waste your time and energy.

Buy bitcoin, hold and get rewarded.

Or, speculate on some shitcoin knowing it will go to zero and try to rip off as many bitcoin as you can from those get rich quick people. But you have to like this game. I prefer the first.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 02:46:50 PM

Or, speculate on some shitcoin knowing it will go to zero and try to rip off as many bitcoin as you can from those get rich quick people. But you have to like this game. I prefer the first.

Such people are gamblers.

They are more willing to invest their hard earned cash into something that will lose 99% of its value.

Investing in Bitcoin for them is not an option as they want quick profit.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 03:14:35 PM

^ this.

These times are just moments in history when people are figuring out what the best currency is while they already know but were too late to the game to get rich quick so they inject some hopium in their veins and gamble with some shitcoin in the hope they "earn" some bitcoin for it instead.

Well the only way to find out if there will be other cryptos beside bitcoin is people deciding to adopt another coin. If merchants start accepting for example Monero specially in dark markets, monero will be another crypto that success. If people start using Maidsafe, Safecoin will subsequently be a success.. etc.
findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 03:16:46 PM

^ this.

Well the only way to find out if there will be other cryptos beside bitcoin is people deciding to adopt another coin. If merchants start accepting for example Monero specially in dark markets, monero will be another crypto that success. If people start using Maidsafe, Safecoin will subsequently be a success.. etc.

Yes, true.
But I doubt many people find it convenient to have 23 different shitcoins in their wallets and remember their application or value.
Hell, most people already have a problem understanding bitcoin itself!
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 04:10:32 PM

^ this.

Yes, true.
But I doubt many people find it convenient to have 23 different shitcoins in their wallets and remember their application or value.
Hell, most people already have a problem understanding bitcoin itself!

Not 23 but a couple. For sure most of them are shit, my portfolio is a joke because the only surviving coins i have out of like 40 are bitcoin monero safe litecoin and doge, the rest are dead in volume.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: