Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:02:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Morning Calm" - 11" Physical Bitcoin (Proof of Ownership)  (Read 3161 times)
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 2201

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 09:10:19 PM

WoodCollector, your life is pretty fucking interesting to read about. Maybe you should write a book about your journey, how you got into wood carving, why you decided to get into Bitcoins, etc. I would love to read it!

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
WoodCollector (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 09:12:49 PM

Beautiful design, really nice detail.

a Master Artisan makes 20 times that a year

At 5.7 BTC for 131 hours of work, aren't you making just under eleven bucks an hour?  Huh

BTC was $400 when he paid. So more like $18.

Like i have said MANY times, i do not charge normal rates to the bitcoin community as i love bitcoin and i enjoy making bitcoin art, doing bitcoin pieces is not work for me, it is passion, and it is fun. My normal rate averages about $450 to $800 an hour depending on the difficulty of the wood i am working with.

Ask me to carve you a jewelry box for your wife to put her million dollar earrings and a necklace in with your family crest detailed on the lid, or a cigar box for your cubans and you are going to un-ass $30,000 and get about 10 - 20 hours worth of carving out of me, although the carving will be at the height of precision and the top of my craft.

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 09:19:51 PM

What a bargain. I am still regretting that I did not commission on of these 9 coins  Cry

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 09:21:24 PM

WoodCollector, your life is pretty fucking interesting to read about. Maybe you should write a book about your journey, how you got into wood carving, why you decided to get into Bitcoins, etc. I would love to read it!

Like i said, we are a quiet people, there are no books about us, we worked very hard to stay out of the history books that your teachers use in school. My legacy will be carried on by my protege, If someday that person becomes a master himself, he will know the secrets i know, and pass on my knowledge and life story to his protege some day.

Why i got into bitcoins, thats an easy one. The dumbest thing a person with money can do is let it sit. A wise man uses his money to make more money. Until 2008 i kept all my money in investments like the stock market, security bonds, treasury bonds, and Diamonds. Then one day in 2008 i watched my portfolio drop 600 points overnight. For 6 years i literally buried my money under the shed, stacks of $100 bills, and thousands of Carats of diamonds.

This past October my brother gave me 10 Bitcoins as a gift, and told me to spend them. So what else do you do in my position but set out to buy some top quality wood. That led me here, and the rest is history waiting to be written.

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 09:23:57 PM

What a bargain. I am still regretting that I did not commission on of these 9 coins  Cry

Your still on my list if the balance due is not paid on #9 by Friday. If nothing else i may give you a sneak peak of my personal 2014 collection that i made for myself and let you purchase something out of there. Or i can make you a plaque or really anything else you want.

TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 09:36:06 PM

Your still on my list if the balance due is not paid on #9 by Friday. If nothing else i may give you a sneak peak of my personal 2014 collection that i made for myself and let you purchase something out of there. Or i can make you a plaque or really anything else you want.

That sounds great Smiley

In any case you have already given me (and the community) a lot.
I enjoy studying each of the pieces and finding the small details and the thinking about the meaning of the theme.
Before November 2015 I had no idea about the existence of Artisan craftsmanship.

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 09:52:12 PM

That sounds great Smiley

I enjoy studying each of the pieces and finding the small details and the thinking about the meaning of the theme.
Before November 2015 I had no idea about the existence of Artisan craftsmanship.

I may even work out a trade with you for a little development work, i am putting together a project soon for "POO Chain" (proof of ownership) based on bitcoin tech using a blockchain. basically a client that runs on a network that has public notes, allowing artists to assign ownership of a piece to someone and using a base 58 public key or address to sign the work, Thus, when the artist sends a small amount of whatever i call the unit of measurement from their registered artist address, to the address on record for the particular art piece. it shows that it was in fact made by the artist.

When helping a few clients from the forum get their art pieces insured, the insurance company LOVED that i used an encrypted private key / public key system on the CoA as it makes it literally impossible to forge with todays computing technology. They even gave my clients a discount on the insurance as the liability on the forgery coverage went down to 0.001% risk assessment.

michaeladair

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 09:58:49 PM

I would buy said book, put it on my desk...

TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 10:24:38 PM

That sounds great Smiley

I may even work out a trade with you for a little development work, i am putting together a project soon for "POO Chain" (proof of ownership) based on bitcoin tech using a blockchain. basically a client that runs on a network that has public notes, allowing artists to assign ownership of a piece to someone and using a base 58 public key or address to sign the work, Thus, when the artist sends a small amount of whatever i call the unit of measurement from their registered artist address, to the address on record for the particular art piece. it shows that it was in fact made by the artist.

When helping a few clients from the forum get their art pieces insured, the insurance company LOVED that i used an encrypted private key / public key system on the CoA as it makes it literally impossible to forge with todays computing technology. They even gave my clients a discount on the insurance as the liability on the forgery coverage went down to 0.001% risk assessment.

That is a great idea. It also emphasize that "the blockchain" is properly one of the most important inversion of this century. People tends to focus on the dollar exhange price of bitcoin, but forget about the importance of the technology behind.

I would love to work with you, just send me a PM when you want to get started, then will I share my ideas on the topic, we might need to assemble a team to this type of development, but that should not be hard to find the right people in this community, with all the altcoins around there must be programmers which can implement "our specification" with their eyes closed.

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 10:38:09 PM

That sounds great Smiley

That is a great idea. It also emphasize that "the blockchain" is properly one of the most important inversion of this century. People tends to focus on the dollar exhange price of bitcoin, but forget about the importance of the technology behind.

I would love to work with you, just send me a PM when you want to get started, then will I share my ideas on the topic, we might need to assemble a team to this type of development, but that should not be hard to find the right people in this community, with all the altcoins around there must be programmers which can implement "our specification" with their eyes closed.

I am probably going to get the outline and overview of the project done next week, some sort of a document that details what the software technology needs to do and how it will operate. I know NOTHING about software development so i have to wait to talk with my brother who is the encryption guy and software guy to figure out whats possible, although you probably know just as much about the subject. Not sure if you use skype at all but i am on there a few times a day at least if you want to add me to your contacts.

thompete

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 11:18:23 PM

Really nice and interesting work, and a nice read on your story Smiley

IBGigglin
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1006

BCH Advocate.

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:52:49 AM

Everything you make is seriously amazing

Im baaaack! Looking for sig campaign. DM me if interested.
krishatnet

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:45:54 AM

I would like to be put on your list for one of next years pieces Cheesy

These are beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:36:22 AM

I would like to be put on your list for one of next years pieces Cheesy

These are beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us.

You have been added.

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:06:14 AM

Gorgeous wood carving. Very interesting story about your career.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:10:53 AM

Question though, if you're making $x million per year, why did you need a 2 BTC loan to buy a wood lathe?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=871938.msg10191336#msg10191336
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:09:28 AM

My father has been into carving for a few years now and I showed him some of your work. He said he's very interested to see how you can get such fine details by hand, and has requested to see some shots of your carving tools in action!

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
michaeladair

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:31:44 AM

Question though, if you're making $x million per year, why did you need a 2 BTC loan to buy a wood lathe?

He said his attachment to Bitcoin causes him to give us a large discount, maybe we are hindering his ability to make big bucks unless we start paying him $xxx,xxx for each piece of art.

nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:05:29 PM

He said his attachment to Bitcoin causes him to give us a large discount, maybe we are hindering his ability to make big bucks unless we start paying him $xxx,xxx for each piece of art.

Maybe!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=930649.0

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
ukcrypto

Activity: 149

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:14:30 PM

Another exquisite piece by the talented Woodcollector and what an interesting story about your life, I look forward to leaning more about you and your skill in the future.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: