Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 12:04:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Kim Dotcom hasn’t been extradited 3 years after the US smashed Megaupload  (Read 1094 times)
freedomno1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 04:39:46 AM

The legal battle between the US and Dotcom started in sync with the January 2012 raid. Back then, Dotcom was charged with five criminal counts in the US: conspiracy to commit racketeering, conspiracy to commit copyright infringement, conspiracy to commit money laundering, and two counts of aiding copyright infringement.
A month later, a superseding indictment expanded the counts to 13, adding charges of racketeering, wire fraud, more counts of copyright infringement, and aiding and abetting copyright infringement. (Racketeering is a catchall criminal charge often associated with cases involving organized crime.)

Of those charges, which offenses fall under the extradition treaty between the United States and New Zealand? Currently, only two: racketeering and money laundering. Absent those charges, the US would have an even harder time trying to get Dotcom extradited.

Etc.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/12/warrant-for-raid-on-kim-dotcom-legal-new-zealand-supreme-court-rules/
_
Predictions or Bets on if Kim will win  Wink

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 1373

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 05:04:32 PM

Perhaps nobody knows the real reason. But it might be that New Zealand is a common law country. This means that government on both sides needs to come forth with evidence linking Kim Dotcom to actual harm or damage done to a person or his property. If the U.S. hasn't done this - which they probably haven't even tried to do - New Zealand would have to NOT extradite him simply to obey their own laws.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 6187

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 05:51:59 PM

I saw an Interview with him . the evidences that they got from him about Megaupload and Copyrights and shit are basically from NSA and he is asking how they got those evidence if they are not spying on him.

so Yeah they can't do anything aboutit , also he is releasing a new chat Encrypted called MegaChat soon Grin #Privacy

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
freedomno1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 01:38:26 AM

I saw an Interview with him . the evidences that they got from him about Megaupload and Copyrights and shit are basically from NSA and he is asking how they got those evidence if they are not spying on him.

so Yeah they can't do anything aboutit , also he is releasing a new chat Encrypted called MegaChat soon Grin #Privacy

Well I hang out here in Bitcointalk and despite all the noise their is a lot of stuff about encryption here so I'll just wait till megachat is released and then the relevant analysis and discussions of its cryptography security versus other clients people here use  Grin
That said the more choices the merrier when it comes to privacy, and with megachat no NSA for sure, would definitely consider it over skype if I could get enough people I know to switch over when its released.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/12/30/kim_dotcom_megachat/

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 6187

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 12:23:18 PM

Well I hang out here in Bitcointalk and despite all the noise their is a lot of stuff about encryption here so I'll just wait till megachat is released and then the relevant analysis and discussions of its cryptography security versus other clients people here use  Grin
That said the more choices the merrier when it comes to privacy, and with megachat no NSA for sure, would definitely consider it over skype if I could get enough people I know to switch over when its released.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/12/30/kim_dotcom_megachat/

Seems like the Beta has been released , but I guess not for a lot of people not sure .
I see some screenshots about it on Mega (the website for uploading) but Can't seem to find where I start it or something :x

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 02:58:27 PM

He tweeted yesterday about Bitcoin giving it a ton of publicity, he has so many followers.
Orwell

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 03:20:30 PM

What evidence do they have on him for the two charges or money laundering and racketeering? And most importantly why is it America's concern or business? Kim isn't an American nor was his business based there was it? Whatever happens I hope they never get their hands on him.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: