Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:13:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Oxfam report says half of global wealth held by the 1%  (Read 514 times)
TheIrishman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 12:06:45 PM

New Oxfam report says half of global wealth held by the 1%

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/jan/19/global-wealth-oxfam-inequality-davos-economic-summit-switzerland

<< Oxfam warns of widening inequality gap, days ahead of Davos economic summit in Switzerland. >>
findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 12:36:53 PM

New Oxfam report says half of global wealth held by the 1%

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/jan/19/global-wealth-oxfam-inequality-davos-economic-summit-switzerland

<< Oxfam warns of widening inequality gap, days ahead of Davos economic summit in Switzerland. >>

I hope world reserve currency will be bitcoin, then I become a part of the 1% as well Grin
Not that I have a lot of coins, but 10 should be enough
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 12:43:47 PM

being in no way shape or form a supporter of capitalism it should be understood this stat is mainly down to uncontrolled breeding in the third world, instead of couple hundred million africans who had nothing in 1900 now there's a billion africans who have nothing

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 09:27:23 PM

being in no way shape or form a supporter of capitalism it should be understood this stat is mainly down to uncontrolled breeding in the third world, instead of couple hundred million africans who had nothing in 1900 now there's a billion africans who have nothing

You know what can help those "billion africans" get something, earn something? Capitalism.

Capitalism helps ANYONE with a product or service to offer advance in the world. And one person's success has a multiplier effect - e.g., if I get a raise I have more money to spend at my local shops and restaurants, which then gives those shopkeepers or restaurant owners a raise, and so on.

Every system has it's evils, it would be better to evaluate the positives alongside the negatives.

findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 09:32:30 PM

You know what can help those "billion africans" get something, earn something? Capitalism.

Capitalism helps ANYONE with a product or service to offer advance in the world. And one person's success has a multiplier effect - e.g., if I get a raise I have more money to spend at my local shops and restaurants, which then gives those shopkeepers or restaurant owners a raise, and so on.

Every system has it's evils, it would be better to evaluate the positives alongside the negatives.

I think it's free trade what is most important.
Free unregulated trade will benefit the most.
But since some people control certain regions of the world, they don't have a personal benefit in making free trade possible. They rather control the trade in their own region, or only support trade with other regions when they are personally benefited.

Regular people gain the most with free global trade on the long run.
Capitalism is a result of it.
Blazr

Activity: 882

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 09:34:29 PM

What happened to all the occupy protestors proclaiming the 1% owned 90% of global wealth. Both can't be right, which is it?

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 10:37:55 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2015, 11:11:58 PM by Lethn

• Clamp down on tax dodging by corporations and rich individuals.

• Invest in universal, free public services such as health and education.

• Share the tax burden fairly, shifting taxation from labour and consumption towards capital and wealth.

• Introduce minimum wages and move towards a living wage for all workers.

• Introduce equal pay legislation and promote economic policies to give women a fair deal.

• Ensure adequate safety-nets for the poorest, including a minimum-income guarantee.

• Agree a global goal to tackle inequality.

I'm all for helping people but for fucks sake, the people who declare this kind of thing do not live in the real world, they've just listed goals they haven't listed a plan, how are they going to pay for all of this? Oh wait, they don't know anything about economics, they might as well have wished for a pony.

Getting rather fucking tired of people making these suggestions as if they're geniuses who just thought of it without even bothering to consider the consequences to the rest of the economy. By the way, if you ever want to beat people like this in a debate, all you have to ask is "How are you going to pay for it?" because they seem to think that government is some magical entity that can pay for anything that they want.

Oh, by the way if taxation wasn't so complicated a flat tax rate would easily solve the problem of tax dodging but that would require intelligence to implement.
username18333

Activity: 378

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 12:00:20 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 01:10:19 AM by username18333

Quote from: Dr. Gary E. Aylesworth, Eastern Illinois University, Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, 2005 link=http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/postmodernism/#6
Baudrillard presents hyperreality as the terminal stage of simulation, where a sign or image has no relation to any reality whatsoever, but is “its own pure simulacrum” (Baudrillard 1994, 6). The real, he says, has become an operational effect of symbolic processes, just as images are technologically generated and coded before we actually perceive them. This means technological mediation has usurped the productive role of the Kantian subject, the locus of an original synthesis of concepts and intuitions, as well as the Marxian worker, the producer of capital though labor, and the Freudian unconscious, the mechanism of repression and desire. “From now on,” says Baudrillard, “signs are exchanged against each other rather than against the real” (Baudrillard 1993, 7), so production now means signs producing other signs. The system of symbolic exchange is therefore no longer real but “hyperreal.” Where the real is “that of which it is possible to provide an equivalent reproduction,” the hyperreal, says Baudrillard, is “that which is always already reproduced” (Baudrillard 1993, 73). The hyperreal is a system of simulation simulating itself.
(Red colorization mine.)

Quote from: Leo Tolstoy, Tolstoy (1988) by A. N. Wilson, p. 146. link=http://izquotes.com/quote/273222
The truth is that the State is a conspiracy designed not only to exploit, but above all to corrupt its citizens… Henceforth, I shall never serve any government anywhere.

Tribe is hyperreal and begets possession. Possession is real and begets money. Money is hyperreal and begets state. State is real and begets hyperreality.

Tribe is a genesis of a money and its state; therefore, a money will tend to tribe.

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
username18333

Activity: 378

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 12:01:43 AM

If one should dispel collective identification (i.e., abolish tribe), one should demotivate such reproduction.

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: