Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:29:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Credit and Paypal to Bitcoin  (Read 1523 times)
rptl121 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 07:47:22 PM

I just tried this method (unfortunately I had an issue that I'll explain later) and I was wondering if anyone else tried it or if there are any problems with it.

1. Open a Virwox account and fund it with Paypal or credit
2. Trade USD for SLL
3. Withdraw SLL to your Second Life account
4. Open a Rock Trading Company account and deposit SLL from your Second Life account there
5. Trade SLL for Bitcoin and withdraw

Virwox charges $0.49 + 3.5% to deposit funds by credit and 2.9% to exchange USD to SLL. Virwox doesn't charge to withdraw to Second Life and I don't believe Rock Trading charges any fees for these transactions. However, Rock Trading has a very large spread for SLL <-> Bitcoin.

If you were to trade $100, it would cost $7.76 in fees and you'd get BTC11.66 ($8.58/BTC) using current bid prices at Virwox (262.6 SLL/USD) and ask prices at Rock Trading (2100 SLL/BTC). Not too good, but the ask price at Rock Trading is very high right now.

When I tried it, I couldn't deposit SLL to my Rock Trading account. Apparently, Second Life has this "Risk API" that prevents newly created users from exchanging SLL for other currency. I don't know the details, but you have to at least have made a real money transactions 30 days beforehand. I ended up trading privately with another user.

What do you guys think?
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
epiks

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 09:24:46 AM

There is a huge amount of fraud with exact transactions you have just explained. People use carded info and basically have a quick and incredibly anonymous (goes thru multiple e-hands) cash out.

If you are wondering why the restriction, I think its to prevent just that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: