Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:54:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A low Bitcoin is a good Bitcoin  (Read 1584 times)
doctorbyte (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 01:38:04 PM

In the last time there are many "Bitcoin is death" posts. I would say that our lovely Bitcoin transfers back to a payment method,a Currency.

Bitcoin is not a free money making Tree.

A low price means a better acceptance in the World (more people have more coins), we don't need to speculate about the price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 02:22:24 PM

But don't stay low for too long.  Grin it's bad in terms of morale.
So now it's a good time and opportunity to buy. Let's push up demand and price.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 04:15:06 PM

A low Bitcoin is a good Bitcoin

I like that moto.
fenghush

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 04:19:51 PM

It's a good time to start a bitcoin business with the low prices if your business model allows you to hold on to them rather than sell them to keep the business running. So when/if bitcoin raises .. profit!

Biitcoin

Activity: 353

Zichain

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 07:36:54 PM

In the last time there are many "Bitcoin is death" posts. I would say that our lovely Bitcoin transfers back to a payment method,a Currency.

A low price means a better acceptance in the World (more people have more coins), we don't need to speculate about the price.

It dosen't matter if it's low or high , I would say a Stable Bitcoin is a good Bitcoin Grin price should be simply stable

4ever

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:46:11 PM

I would definitely buy more of it at 100$. Not because the price is low, but because it just feels safer to invest into .

Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 09:00:55 PM

It is not good for miners, at least at current difficulty.

If prices fall more, then some of them will have to stop operating and it will result the network unstable for some time
runpaint

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 09:54:40 PM

There are only a few million bitcoins in existence.  

Therefore, the price will go much higher, or bitcoin will not be used around the world by millions of people.

If I wanted to send 20 million dollars in bitcoin, but the price of bitcoin was only $1.00, I would have to buy all the bitcoins in existence.  And I still wouldn't have enough bitcoins.  

Similarly, if 500 million people wanted to spend $10.00 a day in bitcoin, the price of 1 bitcoin would have to be a lot higher than $100.  Otherwise there wouldn't be enough bitcoins for the system to work.  

So a low price isn't necessarily good for bitcoin.  It just means that there aren't many people using bitcoin.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
gjgjg

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 11:10:33 PM

If prices fall more, then some of them will have to stop operating and it will result the network unstable for some time

i just noticed the difficulty dropped twice in a row last few months, not sure its done that in a while! but i guess its a sign that the system is balancing, sure if price stays low it will force out some miners but it probably wont be long before it balances and stabilizes...

it may be a psychological barrier more than anything but lower coin prices attract more new users.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
michinzx

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 11:52:29 PM

great for buyers and investors, bad for miners
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:02:18 AM

But some may see it as an opportunity. The less miners the more you get since there is less to spread among miners, so it gets somewhat balanced. Everything has its risks.
pleaseexplain

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:57:53 AM

There are only a few million bitcoins in existence.  

Therefore, the price will go much higher, or bitcoin will not be used around the world by millions of people.

If I wanted to send 20 million dollars in bitcoin, but the price of bitcoin was only $1.00, I would have to buy all the bitcoins in existence.  And I still wouldn't have enough bitcoins.  

Similarly, if 500 million people wanted to spend $10.00 a day in bitcoin, the price of 1 bitcoin would have to be a lot higher than $100.  Otherwise there wouldn't be enough bitcoins for the system to work.  

So a low price isn't necessarily good for bitcoin.  It just means that there aren't many people using bitcoin.

The price of bitcoin is always at the right price. using your 2 examples - if you enter the market place with 20 million dollars to buy bitcoin  you might well find you will not get them all for $1. they will go up. So you might only need say 5,000 bitcoins to send the 20 million dollars.
If 500 million people have bitcoin and want to spend $10 worth  you might find they can do that by selling just a satoshi.

Unless you are buying and selling bitcoin to make money (speculating) then  the price of a bitcoin is irrelevant. But whatever it is, it needs to be fairly stable as that influences peoples use (and extent of holding) it.

A lower price will though have a psychological effect on some and they may get involved with bitcoin becasue of it. eg if it goes to say $50 then people thknk "oh I cna buy one for $50". "That is quite good". If when bitcoin was $1,000 you said for $50 you could buy 0.05 part of a bitcoin they would see that as "not good' even though they are the same. The average person (and I am one) gets bamboozled when they have to visualise 5% for example. It is also why naming conventions for parts of a bitcoin are a topic in themselves
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 01:02:09 AM

ii want build some bitcoin mining rig but i just changed my mind Cheesy
much better i buy some bitcoin and making something worth from that

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
runpaint

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:06:39 AM

The price of bitcoin is always at the right price. using your 2 examples - if you enter the market place with 20 million dollars to buy bitcoin  you might well find you will not get them all for $1. they will go up. So you might only need say 5,000 bitcoins to send the 20 million dollars.
If 500 million people have bitcoin and want to spend $10 worth  you might find they can do that by selling just a satoshi.

Unless you are buying and selling bitcoin to make money (speculating) then  the price of a bitcoin is irrelevant.

So for the purpose of transferring 20 million dollars, I could buy a few million bitcoins for $1 each, and then I could pay $100 each for the rest of them, and you think I could feel safe sending those bitcoins and calling it 20 million dollars?

Who would I send them to? 

Who would accept them for payment, when some of them cost $1 and some of them cost $100?

If I bought the first million for $1 each, and then I paid $100 each for the last of them, why would I send millions of bitcoins and call it $20million when the current price of bitcoin is now $100 each?

Maybe you want to just agree with me and say "If Bitcoin was $1.00 then nobody could use it to send someone a value of 20 million dollars"

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 10:01:00 PM

The main fact is the level of price. It doesn't matter low or high. If low it is really good but the best is it's stability.

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 10:05:35 PM

In my opinion low price is the best opportunity to buy Bitcoin and earn good profit from it when price rise later.
Of course, if this negative trend with BTC price continue, more and more people may give up from BTC and sell it, what is not good in the long term.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
specgamer

Activity: 252

I love bitcoins.

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:59:10 AM

The lower the price the better, well for now at least. It gives individual investors like us to have a chance to purchase and whether use them or hold them for future.  Smiley

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Zoomer

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:06:51 AM

It cannot always be great for miners though can it? They have had along time of the good times it is time they deal with some not so good times but it is not terrible by any means they are getting by ok.

The op is right and i agree the price is not what really matters.
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 05:58:12 AM

But don't stay low for too long.  Grin it's bad in terms of morale.
So now it's a good time and opportunity to buy. Let's push up demand and price.

No, it's not bad in terms of morale. That's what the OP is saying, the speculation (i.e., the "to the moon talk") is hurting widespread use and acceptance of BTC as a currency.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: