Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:18:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Will End the Nation State  (Read 3015 times)
Paleus (OP)

Activity: 284
Merit: 122

www.diginomics.com

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 03:27:54 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2016, 07:13:26 PM by Paleus

Satoshi Nakamoto set in motion the unraveling of the nation state and the end of central banking – two closely related institutions that have directed history since history has been recorded. When we come to understand the economic and technological implications of bitcoin, we arrive at a somewhat startling yet undeniable conclusion: that bitcoin will end the nation state.

Read The Full Article

Cybernaut

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 05:12:03 PM

I've heard a few arguements around this type of thing, but not from this perspective. This is interesting.

Bitcoin will not die. Every time is gets attacked it only grows stronger. It is like a virus spreading with no cure. Except this time, it is a welcomed virus. Our laws today are ineffective and only serve a tiny fraction.

I have my concerns, but I think we're on to something here ...
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 05:24:31 PM

There are many topics on this subject already.
Please, see that there are several countries without any kind of income tax already, just as there are countries without their own currency. Never underestimate the nation-state, it's a super smart and fast evolving beast.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Cybernaut

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 05:32:48 PM

There are many topics on this subject already.
Please, see that there are several countries without any kind of income tax already, just as there are countries without their own currency. Never underestimate the nation-state, it's a super smart and fast evolving beast.

I agree that the nation state (and the people behind it) are super smart. But a fast-evolving beast?

Bitcoin's pace of evolution makes the nation state look like a horse-drawn carriage to Henry Ford's Model T.
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 05:54:25 PM

I don't think it will end it directly, but we can continue to outsource it's functions piecemeal, in 50 years we might have got somewhere.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
skinbrake

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 06:00:18 PM

Still not realistic that Bitcoin will eliminate the nation state. The infrastructure required for the function of Bitcoin is all controlled by individual nation states. Internet, security, and taxation. All of which can be used against the proliferation of Bitcoin.
runpaint

Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 06:01:02 PM

Ecuador's official currency is the U.S. Dollar, but I understand they want to outlaw Bitcoin and launch their own government cryptocurrency.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
fritz

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 06:08:08 PM

Ecuador's official currency is the U.S. Dollar, but I understand they want to outlaw Bitcoin and launch their own government cryptocurrency.

There you go then. The nation state controls the environment for a concurrency to flourish or vanish! 
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:33:44 PM

Still not realistic that Bitcoin will eliminate the nation state. The infrastructure required for the function of Bitcoin is all controlled by individual nation states. Internet, security, and taxation. All of which can be used against the proliferation of Bitcoin.

Yes but at some point down the road some people will speak out that Bitcoin is good for the people and then a governmnt won't be able to deny it. I can't see how Bitcoin can't advance over time even if it's one step forwards two steps back most of the time, it can't be stopped. Plus it will show up what fiat really is in time, fiats collapse, we know that from history, so it's just a matter of time.

The biggest threat to Bitcoin is a governmnt developed crypto like Ethereum or something similar. And I worry the sheeple will accept it as Bitcoin.
Billbags

Activity: 280

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:18:50 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 05:51:07 PM by Billbags

This subject reminds me of that paper going around awhile back. I'll post the link.

http://bitcoinunion.wordpress.com/2014/08/24/bitcoin-swift-and-the-brics/

This is a VERY interesting Paper.

It indicates that 250 million dollars could take bitcoin to a new level. It could be used by a coalition of countries as a payment system that would combat the US's ability to wage economic war on the world. It could be accomplished through the "SWIFT" Telecommunications Network. The author is calmly pointing out that this could effectively be done in an instant. The paper finishes by suggesting that even a few whales could make it happen.

I'm using my intuition, but I don't think this should be taken as lightly as it was written. They have explained something about global finance I have been searching for since knowing about game theory economics and Bitcoin.

This is a very intelligent game theoretical solution for a serious economic situation.

It is a brag almost, if its correct. The author seems to KNOW its correct.

In my opinion, the author is calmly suggesting, after first doing the math (and including 30 trillion I could have never realize existed), that a giant shift in the economics of the world could be achieved over night with a VERY insignificant amount of money. It could happen in one single blow. A giant amount of power could be taken away from those that are now in control the global economy.

They didn't ask if its correct, they said:  

"So I wonder who will be first to move".

This person is seeing and describing a war that most people cannot fathom exists, and just spelled out creation of the "atom bomb" that could put a stop to it.

Edit: for info provited by another member.

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:24:23 AM

Even if the whole world used a single currency, nation states will exist.
There are reasons for a group of people to be selfish with the resources in the area they live in.
thebohemian

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:27:35 AM

I travel a lot and often. I became a travelling nomad last year and a few days ago I decided to not work as an employee anymore but work and travel the world as I want. When I go to some country I have long and profound conversations about what the people think of their country, their culture, their political leaders, the relationship of their country to their neighbors but also its role in the world.

All of these experiences made me realize that people are such victims of their politicians that nourish the nation state idea and use it to sustain their own power.

I think it would be great if bitcoin could take away part of their power.

Imagine: When people demonstrate against something the state is supposedly doing wrong and there is police forces defending then the latter people are not voluntarily doing this job. They do it because they get paid for this. They get paid with the money the government controls and whose use it enforces on the people. And its people who make this money being worth something. With their work, their produce, their lifetime. So the quickest way to defeat the state is to refuse using its money.

Unfortunately a falling exchange rate makes people afraid of refusing government money. I hope some wealthy anti-nation state types have a plan how to stabilise btc one day. ;-)
runpaint

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:37:25 AM

Who signs something like that? SN.  It's not just some kid...this is a very intelligent game theoretical solution for a serious economic situation.

The author, "snagain", is all over the reddit thread.  He seems to have plenty of time to try to convince the people who don't believe him or don't get it, sorry

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
runpaint

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:39:43 AM

Imagine: When people demonstrate against something the state is supposedly doing wrong and there is police forces defending then the latter people are not voluntarily doing this job. They do it because they get paid for this. They get paid with the money the government controls and whose use it enforces on the people

If Bitcoin was the only money in the world, there would still be governments.  Governments would still pay soldiers and police, and those people would still need that money to feed their children.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:50:58 AM

are not those religious institutions now the richest organisations on the planet

Grin
indiemax

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:24:12 PM

Interesting read, Bitcoin is fragile right now,BIG players will make a massive difference if they decide to go for it,time will tell
Billbags

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:24:40 PM

Who signs something like that? SN.  It's not just some kid...this is a very intelligent game theoretical solution for a serious economic situation.

The author, "snagain", is all over the reddit thread.  He seems to have plenty of time to try to convince the people who don't believe him or don't get it, sorry

Thanks for the info, I'll edit my post......

Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
funkenstein
Legendary

Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 08:15:50 PM

1) The roman empire is an example of a similar structure that existed before fiat

2) Bitcoin is not "untaxable" ..  in fact M1 cash is less taxable than bitcoin (more anonymous)

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
http://vtscc.org  http://woodcoin.info
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:06:27 PM

I guess not but it removes national boundaries and limits for capital flows, to some extent. The EUR did not end the Nation states in Europe either.

Truth is the new hatespeech.
Billbags

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:19:46 AM

1) The roman empire is an example of a similar structure that existed before fiat

The only difference is they are wearing Suits now instead of Togas......

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: