Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:16:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum Wallet corrupted  (Read 1060 times)
Berk (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 08:56:43 PM

Ok so we had a pretty bad strom last night and I was just sending a transaction and I did finish the transaction but before I closed down the client my electric tripped due to an electrical cable being blown over with the combination of snow on the line.

We regained electric earlier today and I booted up my electrum wallet and it seems that its been corrupted and will not open. anyone know how I can access my coins?
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:15:28 AM

Ok so we had a pretty bad strom last night and I was just sending a transaction and I did finish the transaction but before I closed down the client my electric tripped due to an electrical cable being blown over with the combination of snow on the line.

We regained electric earlier today and I booted up my electrum wallet and it seems that its been corrupted and will not open. anyone know how I can access my coins?

Do you have your secret seed written down?

Madness

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2015, 03:28:14 PM

Do not panic mate , I had this problem before and shouldn't be hard to fix it .
Simply go to %Appdata%/Electrum , for me it's C:\Users\Imad\AppData\Roaming\Electrum (replace Imad by your PC username)
Once you did that , you will see a file named "config" . Just delete it and try to run Electrum and all should be fine Smiley

~ Madness

Berk (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 08:18:32 PM

Simply go to %Appdata%/Electrum , for me it's C:\Users\Imad\AppData\Roaming\Electrum (replace Imad by your PC username)
Once you did that , you will see a file named "config" . Just delete it and try to run Electrum and all should be fine Smiley

~ Madness

Well that worked a simple fix like that Smiley thank you very much!
Madness

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 08:45:58 PM

~ Madness

Well that worked a simple fix like that Smiley thank you very much!

Awesome ! I'am really glad I could help you . Always makes me feel good Smiley
Good luck  & feel free to ask if you have further questions.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: