Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:40:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will Bitcoin ever go over 600 in next 5 years? (Till 1.1.2020; What is your guess, more 'yes' or more 'no'?)
Yes - 67 (77%)
No - 20 (23%)
Total Voters: 87

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin ever go over 600 in next 5 years? (Till 2020)  (Read 2666 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Roccker (OP)

Activity: 264
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:10:41 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 12:33:04 PM by Roccker

Will Bitcoin ever go over 600 in next 5 years? (Till 2020)

Feel free to add your reasons!

Bitcoin price-future is dark -  camp:
- The last bubble was the last one and it will never rise again this high
- The world is exposed to Bitcoin and it said ‘Nay’

Bitcoin price-future is light - camp:
- Bitcoin is still not mainstream, we are at the beginnings
- Fundamentals (Retailers who accept bitcoin, number of users, number of addresses, number of transactions, Millions that are invested in bitcoin-companies and technology) are good and getting better.
- Next bitcoin halving 2016 or 2017, inflation drops
- winklevoss presentation on bitcoins: https://winklevosscapital.com/value-investors-congress-presentation/
- Coindesk bitcoin fundamentals changing through 2014: http://www.coindesk.com/state-bitcoin-2015-ecosystem-grows-despite-price-decline/

- Big question mark is these EFT’s that shall bring Bitcoin to Wall Street.

The Case for Bitcoin:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4882599.msg43979219#msg43979219

[am a noob]
update 2018: not total newb anymore i guess- now turned megalomaniac
Assad

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:12:30 AM

Yes.

It is just 3x rise.

Will happens, even if in a quick pump bull trap
ParabellumLite

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:13:22 AM

Really nothing can be said about it in such a timespan. I expect it to be overtaken by Crypto 2.0 well before then, probably in 2015/2016 ish, only to never rise again. Then, again who knows? What I do want to remark is that Bitcoin is being associated with all types of negative and criminal behavior, and its reputation might as well be permanently destroyed. This, in my opinion, will ensure that it will never really get back to the numbers we saw around november/december 2013 and later on.
xmasdobo

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:13:01 AM

Yes.

It is just 3x rise.

Will happens, even if in a quick pump bull trap
Something like this. You are scared to dream high now that we are under bad times, but you are undervaluing it hardly long term by doing so.
stonerider

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:24:54 AM

Probably not this year, but in 5 years? Sure, why not? Anything can happen in the next 5 years.
Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:25:45 AM

Give it six months...
pjviitas

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:37:30 AM

Bitcoin is a reflection of society...a walking zombie.
homo homini lupus

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:43:55 AM

first: we have to figure out the rock bottom!

So in case bitcoin bounces off somewhere between 5$ and 120$ we could look at this question again. Before finding bottom: useless idea even to think about 'what if'

And society hasn't even arrived ... these are still the more intelligent zombies these days ...
Arv1e

Activity: 71

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:13:33 AM

So in case bitcoin bounces off somewhere between 5$ and 120$ we could look at this question again. Before finding bottom: useless idea even to think about 'what if'

And society hasn't even arrived ... these are still the more intelligent zombies these days ...

This is almost impossible.

1  most coins are held for the long term
2 As the price drops then it becomes more attractive an investment
3  Far to much money will flood in to buy BTC well before hitting $100

I will caveat this with one proviso. Underlying Bitcoin technology isnt found to be totally flawed ( As it is open source and been under the microscope of pletny then this is very very unlikely)

So may I suggest you put forward reasons why it will go sub $100 without  a flood of coins being bought?
homo homini lupus

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:38:36 AM

1  most coins are held for the long term
3  Far to much money will flood in to buy BTC well before hitting $100

I will caveat this with one proviso. Underlying Bitcoin technology isnt found to be totally flawed ( As it is open source and been under the microscope of pletny then this is very very unlikely)

So may I suggest you put forward reasons why it will go sub $100 without  a flood of coins being bought?

Sure it has fundamental problems like the inflation and a lot other things. Look at the charts for confirmation Bitcoin fundamentals suck ass.
arvindr

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:18:17 AM

I don't think it would increase without any news. The only reason it might happen could be halving or the ETF.

UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:42:26 AM

I wish it would but I doubt it. People will take advantage of every little high/peak to sell and make profit. This will keep the price down every time when BTC is rising.

But when I look at your deadline, till 2020, yes it will go over 600 easily.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:03:25 PM

1  most coins are held for the long term
3  Far to much money will flood in to buy BTC well before hitting $100

So may I suggest you put forward reasons why it will go sub $100 without  a flood of coins being bought?

Sure it has fundamental problems like the inflation and a lot other things. Look at the charts for confirmation Bitcoin fundamentals suck ass.

On the contrary programmatic exponentially reducing inflation is a feature not a fundamental problem.

That aside you are predicting vastly lower prices because 'line on a chart points down' after a high volume capitulation and an 85% decline - in fact using the chart to justify fundamentals (chortle).

Good luck Wink

swansong

Activity: 151

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:33:21 PM

not in 5 years but 5 months i say yes.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 01:30:36 PM

I'm going to be neutral on this one but seeing that there is no option for it, I would say that I'll lean slightly towards the light camp. Reason mainly. bitcoin is still at the early stage. fiat has been around for as long as the current banking system but 5 years is still at the beginning stage. The technology mainly how unique blockchain is. Almost complete anonymity. And my favaorite is how it can be used as low fee cross border transactions.

shivamchawla

Activity: 466

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 01:41:25 PM

The only one that can do that are the winklevoss brothers.
g-unit

Activity: 432

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:49:51 PM

not in 5 years but 5 months i say yes.

What makes you think this? Just curious but I hope you're right Smiley.
btcjoin14

Activity: 891
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:00:49 AM

is just speculating. Because no one really has a clue.
R2D221

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:13:58 AM

What I do want to remark is that Bitcoin is being associated with all types of negative and criminal behavior, and its reputation might as well be permanently destroyed. This, in my opinion, will ensure that it will never really get back to the numbers we saw around november/december 2013 and later on.

What makes you think that an altcoin won't be used by criminals if it surpasses Bitcoin? Its reputation will be affected as well.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:53:11 AM

no speculative bubble in 5 years?

Not gonna happen
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: