Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:33:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea for Bitcoin  (Read 1853 times)
GoGoGlobalism (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 03:00:38 AM

Instead of having ordinary, uneducated people mine Bitcoins, why don't we elect a trusted, secure central authority to manage the Bitcoin network and pick optimal transaction fees?

They could then use the transaction fees for the common good such as for free healthcare, free food and free transportation for everyone!

Also, more electricity would be saved!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 03:02:49 AM

oh wait....

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 03:03:18 AM

Instead of having ordinary, uneducated people mine Bitcoins, why don't we elect a trusted, secure central authority to manage the Bitcoin network and pick optimal transaction fees?

They could then use the transaction fees for the common good such as for free healthcare, free food and free transportation for everyone!

The whole notion behind bitcoin is being decentralized. Without that, we're no better off then your ordinary fiat.
GoGoGlobalism (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 03:05:47 AM

The whole notion behind bitcoin is being decentralized. Without that, we're no better off then your ordinary fiat.

I don't think you understand decentralization doesn't work. People are idiots. They are going to ruin the network and waste resources. We need to elect smarter people to manage this technology; people who know what they are doing and won't destroy the planet with excess energy use.

It is irresponsible to let this thing to continue. It threatens the poor through tax evasion and it threatens the environment.

We need to put Bitcoin in responsible, caring hands; not retarded and greedy people.

In order for Bitcoin to succeed, it needs to operate within responsible governance and authority.
Al the Alpaca

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 03:08:12 AM

That's already in the works in project development. Once you're no longer a Newbie, you'll be able to see the thread title along with other thread titles in other sections currently unavailable to Newbies due to their restrictive nature and content.

Once you put in your required time and post count, a whole new world will open up for you on this forum. But don't think you would see them if you happened to get whitelisted, for there's been some folks who have been whitelisted but didn't get the hours or post count to be able to see and read said threads, thus they missed out on some secret aspects of Bitcoin before they opted to leave the fold.

That said, where are you from and where are you going?

~Al the Alpaca~

█ ANN THREAD █
Whitepaper
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAMFACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 03:08:31 AM

I don't think you understand decentralization doesn't work. People are idiots. They are going to ruin the network and waste resources. We need to elect smarter people to manage this technology; people who know what they are doing and won't destroy the planet with excess energy use.

It is irresponsible to let this thing to continue. It threatens the poor and it threatens the environment.

We need to put Bitcoin in responsible, caring hands; not retarded and greedy people.

Who do you think elects the politicians now ? Scientists ?

Al the Alpaca

The Future Of Work

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 03:10:05 AM

Hell, I knew it was Atlas before his second post. His second post only confirms it.

~Bruno~

█ ANN THREAD █
Whitepaper
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAMFACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 03:10:09 AM

It is irresponsible to let this thing to continue. It threatens the poor through tax evasion and it threatens the environment.

In order for Bitcoin to succeed, it needs to operate within responsible governance and authority.
You sound like my local politician.  Wink
Who would you define as 'responsible, caring hands'? Who is trustable enough to elect those 'responsible, caring hands'?

I can sense another troll emerging..
GoGoGlobalism (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 03:10:35 AM

It is irresponsible to let this thing to continue. It threatens the poor and it threatens the environment.

They are chosen divinely by the people.

Please don't tell me you are one of those conspiracy nuts that doesn't trust democracy?
GoGoGlobalism (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 03:12:29 AM

You sound like my local politician.  Wink
Who would you define as 'responsible, caring hands'? Who is trustable enough to elect those 'responsible, caring hands'?

I can sense another troll emerging..

You need to grow up and accept reality. Your authority issues should not put our society at risk.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 03:13:33 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92684.0  this is the way charity works with bitcoin not through guns and voting but through voluntary contributions. Once you put down the idea of a government monopoly on violence you need to come up with free market solutions such as mutual aid which existed long before "welfare".

Al the Alpaca

The Future Of Work

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 03:13:44 AM

Suggesting an avatar for the GoGo Dancer.

█ ANN THREAD █
Whitepaper
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAMFACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
GoGoGlobalism (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 03:16:02 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92684.0  this is the way charity works with bitcoin not through guns and voting but through voluntary contributions. Once you put down the idea of a government monopoly on violence you need to come up with free market solutions such as mutual aid which existed long before "welfare".

Like a feral dog, sometimes men need to be put in their place. We divinely elect our governments to commit some amount of violence for a reason: Some men just can't handle themselves.

If people did what they want, we would all be starving and killing each other.

Most humans are literally retarded. They need a keeper. You're likely no exception.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 03:17:28 AM

Please don't tell me you are one of those conspiracy nuts that doesn't trust democracy?

Democracy is better than the alternative but it also works better with an informed population which is why its in politicians best interest to dumb down the people through state education.

Universal

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 03:19:35 AM

Good luck with that, GoGoGlobalism. let me know how it works out for you Wink
GoGoGlobalism (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 03:20:25 AM

Democracy is better than the alternative but it also works better with an informed population which is why its in politicians best interest to dumb down the people through state education.

Yeah, you're really a conspiracy nut.

Politicians and our government officials work night and day to make sure you get fed, sheltered and don't hurt yourself. Then you repay them with this crap.

Way to bite the hand that feeds you.

Without society and a state education do you know where you would be? Nowhere.

Wake up and thank the people that have raised you.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 03:21:41 AM

Like a feral dog, sometimes men need to be put in their place. We divinely elect our governments to commit some amount of violence for a reason: Some men just can't handle themselves.

If people did what they want, we would all be starving and killing each other.

Most humans are literally retarded. They need a keeper. You're likely no exception.

Im the product of 13 years of state education and brainwashing. It takes you 15 years to recover from the experience.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 03:22:58 AM

Politicians and our government officials work night and day to make sure you get fed, sheltered and don't hurt yourself. Then you repay them with this crap.

I just saw this:

Hell, I knew it was Atlas before his second post. His second post only confirms it.

~Bruno~

Universal

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 03:23:13 AM

waaat? no poly works to feed, shelter or protect me. what have you been smoking?

Thanks mom, thanks dad!
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 03:26:43 AM

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: