Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:45:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sucks its nearly impossible to sell tangible goods for BTC!  (Read 3186 times)
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 01:46:13 PM

I wonder how much this is due to the "chilling effect" of eBay being lukewarm to sometimes mildly positive to the idea of using BTC. i.e. just receptive enough to put off anyone thinking about serious effort/investment into a crypto-eBay, because if eBay "switches on" BTC payment, it's game over.

So, solution to this is either to get eBay to stop being a cocktease and actually take it, OR somehow get them to be extremely antagonistic toward BTC, so people stop waiting for them.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
bluemountain

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 01:48:51 PM

Paypal are looking at using Bitcoin so when that day comes you will see Bitcoin used on Ebay as a payment option
Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 01:49:42 PM

Don't you [OP] yourself think that you will be taking a big risk by selling your "tangible" goods for BTC, even if it becomes possible anyhow if you find any buyer? As it's currently uncertain to either investing in BTC or getting paid in it...
Roll Eyes Yeah, let's put a stop to that risk for you, where's the bit-x sign campaign thread, I'm sure they appreciate posts counter to their interests.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 01:50:16 PM

Tried to sell a 2008 BMW 335xi with low miles and garage kept only south florida driven etc.

Watches...

Gold...

Locally nobody wants to accept it and educating people on it sucks and the typical sheep just abandons the thought, and this is from someone who lives in the ONLY City thats supposed to be known as the "bitcoin city" Madeira Beach, Florida (on St.Peterburg's coast) even explaining how they can save money from VISA raping them and so forth im just really hoping some phat cat makes some moves that will replenish the energy in BTC that it had when it went from $50-1200 and I predicted the entire thing on streaming twitter and social media watching it rise $100 every 24 hours! made alot of people VERY wealthy, but at the same time a lot of friends, acquaintances lost money via getting scammed by selective scamming in exchanges . . . . sucks, local is the only way to buy to be 100%! Where is there a BTC eBay type site ?
Bitcoin is still in its infancy, its expected that you are going to have problems trying to sell goods of such nature when most people dont know what Bitcoin is yet.

Yes, this is true but not the only problem for bitcoin.
Other problems are unstable value (sellers will not like bitcoin if price of btc drop every day), not many merchants accepted btc, negative media reports etc.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 01:54:25 PM

Tried to sell a 2008 BMW 335xi with low miles and garage kept only south florida driven etc.

Watches...

Gold...

Locally nobody wants to accept it and educating people on it sucks and the typical sheep just abandons the thought, and this is from someone who lives in the ONLY City thats supposed to be known as the "bitcoin city" Madeira Beach, Florida (on St.Peterburg's coast) even explaining how they can save money from VISA raping them and so forth im just really hoping some phat cat makes some moves that will replenish the energy in BTC that it had when it went from $50-1200 and I predicted the entire thing on streaming twitter and social media watching it rise $100 every 24 hours! made alot of people VERY wealthy, but at the same time a lot of friends, acquaintances lost money via getting scammed by selective scamming in exchanges . . . . sucks, local is the only way to buy to be 100%! Where is there a BTC eBay type site ?
Bitcoin is still in its infancy, its expected that you are going to have problems trying to sell goods of such nature when most people dont know what Bitcoin is yet.

Yes, this is true but not the only problem for bitcoin.
Other problems are unstable value (sellers will not like bitcoin if price of btc drop every day), not many merchants accepted btc, negative media reports etc.

Trends come and go. Once the popular perception shifts towards a more positive one we'll see more people using it. Just wait 1 or 2 years when surveillance and fiat problems start becoming a concern among the average Joe.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 02:33:08 PM

Don't you [OP] yourself think that you will be taking a big risk by selling your "tangible" goods for BTC, even if it becomes possible anyhow if you find any buyer? As it's currently uncertain to either investing in BTC or getting paid in it...
Roll Eyes Yeah, let's put a stop to that risk for you, where's the bit-x sign campaign thread, I'm sure they appreciate posts counter to their interests.

I'm not going to use Bit-x if they think we shouldn't invest in Bitcoin.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
mercistheman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:11:20 PM

OpenBazaar is scheduled to go live 1st qtr of this year... hang tight
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:14:42 PM

I used those words for the sake of OP's tangible goods and not the posts that I am making... As the market's too volatile these days, I shared my opinion of not selling his goods for BTC currently, else final decision will be of OP only... Smiley No offense, Peace!!!

I'm not going to use Bit-x if they think we shouldn't invest in Bitcoin.

Please don't blame bit-x for this... It was my personal opinion and they ain't involved anywhere in this... Smiley Cheers...

desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:32:43 PM

I look forward to openbazaar.

https://openbazaar.org/
runpaint

Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:34:20 PM

Charge 15% more for fiat, and if they don't want to pay in BTC then happily accept the extra 15%.  Use it to buy bitcoin.

As for a Bitcoin ebay, I have bought from onewallet.io, and I have some items listed there, and the whole site seems pretty good.  The only problem is that there aren't many users compared to ebay.  But assuming they'll be able to continue the current level of service with a lot more users, all it needs is more people.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
girb16

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:34:31 PM

Bitcoin just needs more time...
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:42:30 PM

What we need to get the "energy" back your talking about is another big country like China. Have we done everything possible to promote Bitcoin in India? There's over a billion of them too.

newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:45:14 PM

What we need to get the "energy" back your talking about is another big country like China. Have we done everything possible to promote Bitcoin in India? There's over a billion of them too.

Doing it... dont worry... wait a few more months Wink

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:52:12 PM

I know you're working on it but one man is not an island.

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 04:05:06 PM

Like others are saying, OpenBazaar should fill this marketplace type void for Crypto.

Other marketplace options for selling goods for Bitcoin:

http://glyde.com/bitcoin

https://cryptothrift.com/

http://www.bitcoinclassifieds.net/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=5.0

http://www.reddit.com/r/bitmarket

https://www.bitpremier.com/

As always, before dealing with any buyers or seller, always use trusted escrows.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:24:51 PM

Doing large btc tx  in person is very risky tho. If i'm a buyer i wouldnt meet some stranger with tens thousands $ worth of btc on me.

BTC is great for micropayments and online, digital tx. But until there is Bank-like bitcoin service (escrow) doing large btc tx in person is not for me.
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:33:25 PM

There are more people working on Bitcoin in India than one can imagine. The problem is that, they are struggling to get a legal identity and hence unable to come up in open to the community. At this early stage, what the most of them need is "a bit of love". I have seen multiple businesses coming to this forum for promotion and being called as outright scam for no apparent reason. This way, the bitcoin people are losing their own opportunity. The Chinese & Indian can create the demand for Bitcoin that no other country in the world can. But, if the businesses does not grow there, if the bitcoin does not circulate their, if the bitcoin developers can not breathe there, the demand will never be created...

Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:47:40 PM

Lol, just saw I'm listed Smiley If anyone has a desperate need for a antique gearbox I can probably do something on the shipping Wink

Dammit, wouldn't you know it, I'm all out of Unimogs at the moment.

Another bitcoin classified, a year to 18 months ago, I remember seeing a whole one for sale, was that you?

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:52:33 PM

There are more people working on Bitcoin in India than one can imagine. The problem is that, they are struggling to get a legal identity and hence unable to come up in open to the community. At this early stage, what the most of them need is "a bit of love". I have seen multiple businesses coming to this forum for promotion and being called as outright scam for no apparent reason. This way, the bitcoin people are losing their own opportunity. The Chinese & Indian can create the demand for Bitcoin that no other country in the world can. But, if the businesses does not grow there, if the bitcoin does not circulate their, if the bitcoin developers can not breathe there, the demand will never be created...

It's good news that there's a large group promoting bitcoin in India. I hope cultural differences between the two won't keep Bitcoin from being as important in India as it was in China. The Chinese have very limited investment opportunities and are very big gamblers. I play Pai Gow poker with a bunch of Chinese friends and they make it sound like the Chinese would rather gamble than breathe. I thought Indian people were frugal and conscientious with their money, is that true?

seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:59:22 PM

Lol, just saw I'm listed Smiley If anyone has a desperate need for a antique gearbox I can probably do something on the shipping Wink

Dammit, wouldn't you know it, I'm all out of Unimogs at the moment.

Another bitcoin classified, a year to 18 months ago, I remember seeing a whole one for sale, was that you?

I don't think so but it could have been, I'd put a 60's merc estate on bitmit around then but don't remember listing a mog, they're absolutely stupid amounts of fun so I don't like saying goodbye to them Smiley Don't remember seeing one elsewhere for BTC though, maybe missed it but there wasn't a whole lot of options back then.

Doing large btc tx  in person is very risky tho. If i'm a buyer i wouldnt meet some stranger with tens thousands $ worth of btc on me.

BTC is great for micropayments and online, digital tx. But until there is Bank-like bitcoin service (escrow) doing large btc tx in person is not for me.

Do keep up, multisig escrow with no third party has been around for at least 6 months.

You missed my point completely, what does multisig do for me when a gun is pointed at my head to sign the tx? The point is meeting a stranger who has opportunity to rob you.

Having a 3rd party service means even the stranger kills me, they got nothing. Like a BANK card (taking it is meaningless)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: