Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:53:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The next bull market + collapse of short interest bubble  (Read 4830 times)
NotHatinJustTrollin

Activity: 462
Merit: 107

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 11:44:52 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2015, 11:58:45 AM by NotHatinJustTrollin

I don't know why you keep talking about the number of shorts. 18k is not high at all considering that their USD value is a lot less what it was when price was at $500 or $400.

Longs are still A LOT higher, as always...

And technically what you are referring to is not "short interest" but quantity of BTC swaps. The short interest is how much you are getting if you are lending your coins (0.005% or something, haven't checked that in a while), and that is not an bullish/bearish indicator whatsoever.

Because the number of short swaps are heavily correlated with the price movements. Please look back through the finex all time chart and find higher short interest than the last three months, thanks.

I know you have to be pedantic because you have been wrong about double digit coins now for 61% and counting from the low.

"Short interest". Again, this is not short interest. And again, shorts are not that incredibly high considering the decrease in their USD value and especially considering the quantity of longs.

LOL never said double digits were gonna come overnight or without prolonged bulltraps.

inca (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 12:09:46 PM

"Short interest". Again, this is not short interest. And again, shorts are not that incredibly high considering the decrease in their USD value and especially considering the quantity of longs.

LOL never said double digits were gonna come overnight or without prolonged bulltraps.

I know you are trying to sound clever. But you really aren't.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/shortinterest.asp
NotHatinJustTrollin

Activity: 462
Merit: 107

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 12:20:59 PM

I know you are trying to sound clever. But you really aren't.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/shortinterest.asp
Aight, you win on this one  Grin

Never heard of the expression "short interest" for "number of shorts" or "BTC swaps". I would have used "short interest" for the actual interest you get on coins (just checked, it's 0.033%, the flash return rate on bitfinex). But yeah it appears you are right with the term then.

Still, number of shorts don't seem that high to me. Until strong signs or reversal, the bearmarket is not over, and longs have to be sold exactly as the shorts have to be bought back...

inca (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 07:49:19 AM

Right this is playing out as expected. Price at 300 on finex  and shorts down to 15k. Entire recent manipulation retraced!

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: