Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:18:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Best Coin To Purchase For a 1+ year hold?  (Read 3947 times)
Dr. Coin (OP)

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:55:26 PM

In your opinion, what is the best coin to seriously invest in long term?

(example: DOGE, DRK, XRP, Ethereum, BC, etc...)

~~~~~~~  DR. COIN  ~~~~~~~
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 04:04:36 PM

Now that's a toughie...I'd have to suggest DOGE, because its community is unkillable. The remarks about it being a "cult" just shows you its staying power and grit.

But whatever coin you pick...I seriously suggest a monthly dollar-cost-averaging plan. It's the only way you can reasonably cope with price volatility.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Dr. Coin (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:25:47 PM

Now that's a toughie...I'd have to suggest DOGE, because its community is unkillable. The remarks about it being a "cult" just shows you its staying power and grit.

But whatever coin you pick...I seriously suggest a monthly dollar-cost-averaging plan. It's the only way you can reasonably cope with price volatility.

Yeah, I just do not know if DOGE will really rise in value...I just believe that while blockchain will continue to live, Bitcoin may not, and no one wants to miss the next wave of wealth distribution lol

BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:31:52 PM

doge doesn't bring anything, don't invest in a meme ffs
Dr. Coin (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:34:08 PM

hahaha I know, I have been having this dilemma for a very long time, but the community and acceptance is somewhat undeniable...

It is possible that in the long future, people will slowly forget about the meme, and the coin itself will prevail, then it will be just a funny story of how it got its name

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 04:46:16 PM

Yeah, I just do not know if DOGE will really rise in value...I just believe that while blockchain will continue to live, Bitcoin may not, and no one wants to miss the next wave of wealth distribution lol

Okay. I've got another one for you if you're more of a tech-head: Nxt. It's "the" Crypto 2.0 altcoin. Rapid innovations, huge development team, lots of services built on it. Not much in terms of revenue streams for these services, as yet, but if crypto takes off again Nxt will rise hugely.

The trouble is, you specified "one year" and Nxt may still be grinding away in its long-term trading range a year from now. If you're willing to lengthen your time horizon to (say) two or three years, Nxt is the way to go.

If there's any downside to Nxt, its the drawbacks of its tech-centered culture. They've put marketing and evangelizing on the back burner, it seems. There's nothing wrong with that, but it does imply that Nxt will take a long time before it really takes off. 

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 04:48:24 PM

hahaha I know, I have been having this dilemma for a very long time, but the community and acceptance is somewhat undeniable...

It is possible that in the long future, people will slowly forget about the meme, and the coin itself will prevail, then it will be just a funny story of how it got its name

That's one of the points I hinted at. It's kind-of funny seeing the crew around here repeat the mantra that "cryptocurrency is for use" and then turn around and sneer at the shibe community. If Dogecoin has one compelling feature, it's the fact that DOGE is already a "cryptocurrency for use."

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:51:24 PM

bitshares or syscoin
Dr. Coin (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:01:15 PM

Okay. I've got another one for you if you're more of a tech-head: Nxt. It's "the" Crypto 2.0 altcoin. Rapid innovations, huge development team, lots of services built on it. Not much in terms of revenue streams for these services, as yet, but if crypto takes off again Nxt will rise hugely.

The trouble is, you specified "one year" and Nxt may still be grinding away in its long-term trading range a year from now. If you're willing to lengthen your time horizon to (say) two or three years, Nxt is the way to go.

If there's any downside to Nxt, its the drawbacks of its tech-centered culture. They've put marketing and evangelizing on the back burner, it seems. There's nothing wrong with that, but it does imply that Nxt will take a long time before it really takes off.  

I have been involved in cryptos for a while (you can see my twitter), I've ran my own trading group, worked with devs etc. I think the sentiment in the altcoin market is shot, so now I would like to not deal with all of the BS and focus on 3-4 coins that deserve my money for the long haul. NXT is super cool, so is NHZ, but NXT is bigger. I will consider it more.

And yes, I do not mean 1 year to the dot, 2 years is fine, even 3. I mean 1+ years

One Six

Activity: 281

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:13:20 PM

bitcoin 2.0 version coins
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:01:58 PM

They've put marketing and evangelizing on the back burner, it seems.

Define 'they' for me in this sentence  Cheesy You've been around long enough to know how Nxt works  Grin

Go to nxtforum and see what freebieservers is doing for gamers. That is the marketing we like, help out where you can  Wink
Pjotr

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:10:35 PM

NXT!

Is at the moment the best price to buy (because Supernet will go online in the next days).... in a few weeks the price will take off.
And if the Cryptos will go, up one day again, so NXT will rise extremly.

My own opinion: 1NXT=1$ in up to 2 years (Now 1NXT=0,0128$)
DrGrid

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:30:27 PM

In your opinion, what is the best coin to seriously invest in long term?

(example: DOGE, DRK, XRP, Ethereum, BC, etc...)

If you can strike a private deal for some Ethers, that surely won't be too bad. As long as you keep your fingers away from Ethercoin. I would also start looking at Storj and Filecoin.

Bitrated user: DrGrid.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:34:40 PM

and check this out..  http://dogecointimeline.com

doge has done a lot more good than most cryptocurrencies out there. not bad for a 'meme' currency. 

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:44:47 PM

the beauty of NXT is it is anyone can pitch in in marketing the platform. the core devs just keep working on the code and other devs can build apps on top of it.  it's a good set up imo.  all the NXT core devs need to do is speed up transactions and it's perfect (almost). 

i wish NXT was using a flavor of POW tho, like proof of capacity like what burstcoin is doing.  although i support a couple of POS projects, i still have my reservations regarding POS.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
First.Bitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1156

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 11:56:24 PM

My bet is on AppleByte, launched on May 1, 2014.The digital currency supporting the arts.

A real user community, 11,200+ on Twitter & 11,300+ on FB.
Currently rated number 5, on CoinGecko in terms of user community size and support.

Through the Twitter tipping app, launched two months ago, over 280 artists have been tipped more than 85,000 AppleBytes by their fans.

For success longterm a coin must have a real, growing user community, not just traders on an exchange.

AppleByte Details:
Announce Thread: Announce Thread
Facebook: AppleByteMe FB Page
Twitter: AppleByteMe Twitter

AppleByte (ABY) is traded on Poloniex and Bittrex

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:15:40 AM

My bet is on AppleByte, launched on May 1, 2014.The digital currency supporting the arts.

A real user community, 11,200+ on Twitter & 11,300+ on FB.
Currently rated number 5, on CoinGecko in terms of user community size and support.

Through the Twitter tipping app, launched two months ago, over 280 artists have been tipped more than 85,000 AppleBytes by their fans.

For success longterm a coin must have a real, growing user community, not just traders on an exchange.

AppleByte Details:
Announce Thread: Announce Thread
Facebook: AppleByteMe FB Page
Twitter: AppleByteMe Twitter

AppleByte (ABY) is traded on Poloniex and Bittrex

no volume in the market.  sorry.

i would like to point out for all newbie traders is never ever buy into a coin that has low volume.  when shit hits the fan, you wouldn't be able to get out without moving the price down drastically resulting in big losses.  pretty sure you would feel that you took it up the ass later on.   so be careful. 

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 02:20:53 AM

the beauty of NXT is it is anyone can pitch in in marketing the platform. the core devs just keep working on the code....

That's the perfect set-up for now. When Nxt's code is "mature", Nxt will be a professional marketer's dream crypto. Right now, because of the overhang of Mt. Gox et. al, there's really not much point in widespread evangelizing. Best to consolidate and quietly build, which is where Nxt is at right now.

But as I said, Nxt is going to take more than a year before ends up being a killer speculation. Myself, I'm thinking of a three-to-five year time horizon.

rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:02:30 AM

Vericoin  vrc

http://www.vericoin.info/

Fair distribution and Proof of Stake is the future! 
Look into other proof of stake coins too..

balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:09:48 AM

UNO is the best longterm coin. Period.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: