Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 09:34:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Miners, Josh Garza, Paybase, Paycoin - SEC investigation  (Read 2428 times)
mayax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:51:56 PM

Another cloud mining under investigation.

https://coinfire.cf/2015/01/19/sec-investigation-of-gaw-miners-underway/

Cloud mining = ponzi and all of them will be closed.

Withdraw your funds as soon as you can (IF you can).
DonQuijote
Legendary

Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:56:13 PM

I hope that all criminals go to jail, they are killing btc

THE INGENIOUS GENTLEMAN DON QUIXOTE OF LA MANCHA
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚♝♞♜ BTC tip: 39gUUFdJBdKWXnLoh3PMNX9eUz3DwakBKq
mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:35:35 PM

I hope that all criminals go to jail, they are killing btc

most of them will reach there sooner or later.
promojo

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:39:13 PM

The bugger deserves all the money taken from him.  Hope they do it!
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:39:35 PM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/gaw-miners-announces-plans-initial-120000855.html

"Although relatively new, cryptocurrency is shifting the economic paradigm and that is reason enough for traditional financial organizations to start taking this seriously," said co-founder and early investor, Stuart Fraser, Vice Chairman and partner, Cantor Fitzgerald, L.P. "With the marrying of innovation, technology, finance and regulation -- I believe that cryptocurrency can provide a value proposition that has never before been contemplated in global commerce and thus has the real possibility of being a viable mainstream currency accepted by the masses around the globe."

newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:39:42 PM

Josh has scammed people on multiple fronts which is not limited to cloud mining.

mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:42:45 PM

Josh has scammed people on multiple fronts which is not limited to cloud mining.

cloud mining it seems to be "sale of securites" in USA and it is regulated by SEC. it's the same in almost any country. That's why i am saying that cloud mining is either ponzi either sale of securities
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 06:45:28 PM

Quote from: coinfire.cf
... a statement from Mr. Garza in August of 2014. Mr. Garza stated that a percentage of the profits for ZenPool came from “day trading.” The fact that he stated it was from day trading created a situation in which, according to various securities laws, makes it a security.

So the ZenPool is not a mining pool? It's a "day trading" fund!

I have never understood their Paycoin. Why deviate from what they were doing well before (mining) and introduce this Paycoin thing and created a media crisis and now investigations by the SEC.
Mt. Gox

Activity: 350
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:46:00 PM

Interesting. I was under the impression that GAW Miners were one of the more legitimate businesses in the industry. Their CEO is public and his real identity is known unlike many of the other cloud mining companies where everything is anonymous.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]
elephantas1

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:47:10 PM

and how about such sites as bit-x or cex.io
mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:58:33 PM

and how about such sites as bit-x or cex.io

cex.io = closed

bit-x = a "game" from China Smiley

If they have the spare capacity... Why aren't "they" mining with it and they want to "share"?

Clearly, it's more profitable for them to "rent"(scam) you the capacity than to mine themselves.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:14:10 PM

Hashnest is owned by Bitmain and sends you the physical miner when unprofitable, seems like that cloud mining is not a scam to me.

Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:01:55 PM

Interesting. I was under the impression that GAW Miners were one of the more legitimate businesses in the industry. Their CEO is public and his real identity is known unlike many of the other cloud mining companies where everything is anonymous.
This may be fake, like I said in another thread there's no proof there is an investigation. Coinfire refused to provide proof and there's nothing on the official SEC site http://www.sec.gov/litigation/admin.shtml

Dig deeper, Josh and his GAW isn't legitimate...

Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:04:38 PM

... a statement from Mr. Garza in August of 2014. Mr. Garza stated that a percentage of the profits for ZenPool came from “day trading.” The fact that he stated it was from day trading created a situation in which, according to various securities laws, makes it a security.

I have never understood their Paycoin. Why deviate from what they were doing well before (mining) and introduce this Paycoin thing and created a media crisis and now investigations by the SEC.

Most likely greed happened. You reap what you sow as they say.
redhawk979

Activity: 271

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:32:47 PM

I love how theres a "GOVERNMENT = BAD" post in every thread yet nobody hesitates to beg them for help in shutting down schemes like this.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3253

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:20:53 PM

I would like to see that comment at its source. If it is real, then I have no doubt GAW that is running a ponzi scheme. Pirate also claimed his Ponzi scheme derived its profit from day-trading. When they start obscuring the sources of their profits, then you can be sure that it is a scam.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
TJogger

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:30:30 PM

I love how theres a "GOVERNMENT = BAD" post in every thread yet nobody hesitates to beg them for help in shutting down schemes like this.

This precisely Smiley

Why blame anyone but yourself when mt.gox/mintpal/GAW etc happens? You have no power yet pretends to know/act better then the government haha.
mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:22:44 PM

This is will bring another BAD press for Bitcoin very soon.
mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:07:08 PM

Most likely greed happened. You reap what you sow as they say.

the greed ruins any business in the end.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:42:01 PM

So, finally my intuition is going to turn into reality... Was thinking at the start of this coin and it's services only that when these GAW people were not able to complete their promises before, how they were to do it this time? They said that the price of 1 XPY won't go down under $20, saying they have some funds reserved for the stability of the value of Paycoin, and see, where it is currently... Ain't it enough for everyone to understand now that they are all scammers?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: