Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:02:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nubbins is the type of Plague that destroys this community (video proof thread)  (Read 3813 times)
WoodCollector (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:57:43 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 07:25:28 PM by WoodCollector

In light of recent events, Found here, and well, anywhere i have a thread i guess. Forum member Nubbins, very unprofessionally, and very immaturely has starting issuing warnings, and making scam accusations that i am not able to carve wood and that my art is "laser engraved"

Now, as if my own clients coming to my aid to put him in his place, to straighten things out, and to get the facts in play. He still insists that he has some basis for his childish antics and it appears is going to continue to whip a dead horse until the crows have picked its bones clean.

Normally, i feel i am above stooping to the level of the infantile forum trolls, Its what forced me to leave most of the woodworking forums. Until Nubbins came along, i though that Bitcoin was a community above that plague. Now i can see i am wrong, history would lead me to tell him to screw off, i would finish out the orders i already had, buy my last bits of wood i need to get through the year, and go back to business as usual. Making art for the bitcoin community was a passion and hobby of mine, not something i was doing to get rich from as any of my clients can tell you. I dont really need it, i just enjoyed it.

This time its different, i firmly believe that this community is better than what Nubbins and his band of misfits portrays this community as being and have decided to take action. Now, i could take a day, carve something crappy just to get it done and over with, and move on, it would be more than enough to prove i am who i say i am and do what i claim to do. But NOT THIS TIME. I am going to nail Nubbins to the wall, i am going to take a stand and do my part to rid this community of the plague that infects it like AIDS.

First, below you will start to find links to my videos over the next few days. I am going to start with a piece i am going to call "F#$k Nubbins". Yep, i'm going to for the first time in my life, sink to that level. Why? To deal with a child, you must play on their childish level. When the piece is done, i am going to auction it off to the highest bidder. It will be the first piece i do for the forum that is PUBLICLY documented in video form, and will have one hell of a story behind it. I am not going to do some rush job garbage just to pacify the herd, i am going to display in great documentation what the true mastery of my craft looks like. Over the coming days/weeks i will continue to ad more videos as i get the time to carve some more in between the works i currently have to get done for forum clients.

Like what your watching? Leave Nubbins some negative feedback for being unprofessional and being such a plague to this forum when he could have simply messaged me with his concerns and had them answered before he started his smear campaign. Its time we make an example out of someone as a community and show that we do not tolerate this kind of behavior.

----------- Start video links ----------------

I will have the first video posted in the next day or so hopefully, Get the popcorn and a notepad, you could learn a thing or two, for free !!

-------------End video links ---------------------

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
michaeladair

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:00:42 PM

Cough cough interrobang?

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:03:30 PM

Cough cough interrobang?

LOL, much worse  Grin But i will for sure make an interrobang in the future when this nonsense is finished.

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.
fishb0ne

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:12:33 PM

WoodCollector, I think it is unfortunate that, given the fact that this community has been wrought with fraud, that we have the kind of environment where sometimes those that provide a service are put on the spot. Try not to take it too personally although I realize that's easier said than done. Just remember that this sort of thing comes with the territory.
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:21:52 PM

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:22:57 PM

WoodCollector, I think it is unfortunate that, given the fact that this community has been wrought with fraud, that we have the kind of environment where sometimes those that provide a service are put on the spot. Try not to take it too personally although I realize that's easier said than done. Just remember that this sort of thing comes with the territory.

This is the truth.

Also, placemarking my spot in wood master carving history  Grin
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:24:24 PM

Me too , where are the fuck** popcorn  ?
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:24:42 PM

I agree with you to a point, but it is not about taking it personal. Its about that nubbins is a plague that we do not need around here. Any respectable, decent human being with an ounce of professionalism in his body could have and should have messaged me with his concerns. Smoothie did about a month ago, and i was totally ok with it. He was professional, asked legitimate questions, handled himself like a proper human being and that was the end of it. So, its not personal, its professional, and as a member of this community i have decided to do something about it. I see it happen to good guys all the time, VALUABLE members of the community chased off by kids, smeared time and again even when every shred of proof requested was provided.

Nubbins is that kind of plague and i am making an example out of it. He asked for this not me. I would have gladly answered his questions had it not been at the start of a smear campaign when he made it clear he had no intention to find the facts and that even when they were provided he would continue to argue it to the death.

fishb0ne

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:30:05 PM

As someone that provides a service, focus on the message instead of how that message is being sent. The focus isn't the individual, but you as a service provider. This is how it works in the world of business. Nubbins, however you or anyone else may subjectively and objectively feel conducted himself, is a voice of skepticism, and skepticism is never wrong in anything. The best way to tackle skepticism is in a calm, professional manner, with indisputable evidence. This speaks to who you are as a person as well as the integrity of your services.
Don't get me wrong, I am perfectly OK with my mechanic using very colorful language, but not everyone thinks the same way.
Just my two cents. I am going to venture a guess and say the reason nubbins opted to open up a thread is because he felt he had evidence that is hard to counter. This is why I personally thought a video would settle any skepticism, and that's why I suggested it as a solution. For the benefit of everyone, especially the community.
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:37:36 PM

I thought this was done, but then you created a thread for the sole purpose of posting hurtful videos about me?

I don't appreciate being intimidated into silence. This reflects really poorly on you as well -- I can't imagine you'll get much more business out of this place.

Quoting OP below in case he deletes it like the coward he is.

In light of recent events, Found here, and well, anywhere i have a thread i guess. Forum member Nubbins, very unprofessionally, and very immaturely has starting issuing warnings, and making scam accusations that i am not able to carve wood and that my art is "laser engraved"

Now, as if my own clients coming to my aid to put him in his place, to straighten things out, and to get the facts in play. He still insists that he has some basis for his childish antics and it appears is going to continue to whip a dead horse until the crows have picked its bones clean.

Normally, i feel i am above stooping to the level of the infantile forum trolls, Its what forced me to leave most of the woodworking forums. Until Nubbins came along, i though that Bitcoin was a community above that plague. Now i can see i am wrong, history would lead me to tell him to screw off, i would finish out the orders i already had, buy my last bits of wood i need to get through the year, and go back to business as usual. Making art for the bitcoin community was a passion and hobby of mine, not something i was doing to get rich from as any of my clients can tell you. I dont really need it, i just enjoyed it.

This time its different, i firmly believe that this community is better than what Nubbins and his band of misfits portrays this community as being and have decided to take action. Now, i could take a day, carve something crappy just to get it done and over with, and move on, it would be more than enough to prove i am who i say i am and do what i claim to do. But NOT THIS TIME. I am going to nail Nubbins to the wall, i am going to take a stand and do my part to rid this community of the plague that infects it like AIDS.

First, below you will start to find links to my videos over the next few days. I am going to start with a piece i am going to call "F#$k Nubbins". Yep, i'm going to for the first time in my life, sink to that level. Why? To deal with a child, you must play on their childish level. When the piece is done, i am going to auction it off to the highest bidder. It will be the first piece i do for the forum that is PUBLICLY documented in video form, and will have one hell of a story behind it. I am not going to do some rush job garbage just to pacify the herd, i am going to display in great documentation what the true mastery of my craft looks like. Over the coming days/weeks i will continue to ad more videos as i get the time to carve some more in between the works i currently have to get done for forum clients.

Like what your watching? Leave Nubbins some negative feedback for being unprofessional and being such a plague to this forum when he could have simply messaged me with his concerns and had them answered before he started his smear campaign. Its time we make an example out of someone as a community and show that we do not tolerate this kind of behavior.

I will have the first video posted in the next day or so hopefully, Get the popcorn and a notepad, you could learn a thing or two, for free !!

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:39:26 PM

As someone that provides a service, focus on the message instead of how that message is being sent. The focus isn't the individual, but you as a service provider. This is how it works in the world of business. Nubbins, however you or anyone else may subjectively and objectively feel conducted himself, is a voice of skepticism, and skepticism is never wrong in anything. The best way to tackle skepticism is in a calm, professional manner, with indisputable evidence. This speaks to who you are as a person as well as the integrity of your services.
Don't get me wrong, I am perfectly OK with my mechanic using very colorful language, but not everyone thinks the same way.
Just my two cents. I am going to venture a guess and say the reason nubbins opted to open up a thread is because he felt he had evidence that is hard to counter. This is why I personally thought a video would settle any skepticism, and that's why I suggested it as a solution. For the benefit of everyone, especially the community.

Oh yes, evidence, a few Photoshopped pictures in where he made failed attempts at drawing an outline around an art piece like he is a scientist and that it has anything to do with how its carved. That and a few claims or opinions without backing. I dont disagree with you on the most part Fish, but i still stand behind my decision that there is nothing that will satisfy him. its a witch hunt not a fact finding mission, and that's not out of context, he made that very clear.

Anyways, not much more need for discussion. I have to dig out the tripod, sharpen the tools (oh wait their new  Tongue so they are already sharp ), get the camera set up, and start plotting what i am going to do for this piece. Be back with videos in a day or so Smiley

Enjoy the show everyone

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:42:12 PM

I thought this was done, but then you created a thread for the sole purpose of posting hurtful videos about me?

I don't appreciate being intimidated into silence. This reflects really poorly on you as well -- I can't imagine you'll get much more business out of this place.

Quoting OP below in case he deletes it like the coward he is.

Done? Thats how it goes with all of you guys isnt it, You start to pick on someone, bully them around. then when they fight back you turn tail? This is not done, i still see negative trust rating from you on my trust thread, based on something which you have been told a dozen times at least now is not true. You have left me no choice but to nail you to the wall.  Quote all you want. i am not taking anything down until you end your witch hunt and remove your garbage from my rating and the scam accusation WARNING like you had any fact or proof behind you.

lobbes

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:43:34 PM

Idk dude. Nubbins brings up some good points in that post you referenced. What's wrong with skepticism anyway? If you're the real deal then why be so butt-hurt?

Nice pieces, though. Very cool.

msc

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:20:44 PM

Lol.  Do unto others...
danielpbarron

Activity: 212

Daniel P. Barron

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 08:31:39 PM

Six times in this post, you make an appeal to "the community." You're part of the plague called socialism. I wonder if anyone on this forum realizes that it's always the scammers who cry community.

Marriage is a permanent bond (or should be) between a man and a woman. Scripture reveals a man has the freedom to have this marriage bond with more than one woman, if he so desires. But, anything beyond this is a perversion. -- Darwin Fish
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:43:58 PM

Six times in this post, you make an appeal to "the community." You're part of the plague called socialism. I wonder if anyone on this forum realizes that it's always the scammers who cry community.

Difference is, i'm posting videos soon to show i am not a scammer and Nubbins is an unprofessional virus to Bitcoin culture. But thanks for sharing your insight with us.

nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:45:33 PM

soon

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:12:24 PM

I won't buy it if he only provides a time-lapse, you can fake anything with a time-lapse.  We need chunks of continuous video that show him carving the subject.
Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:19:28 PM

Difference is, i'm posting videos soon to show i am not a scammer and Nubbins is an unprofessional virus to Bitcoin culture. But thanks for sharing your insight with us.

You're being too emotional here, and that's probably the first proof that you're an artist invested in their work.  But you cannot come down on anyone here for questioning and using the system that is in place.  It's not perfect, but it's what we have and it works.  The dialogue here is proof of that.

All of the points raised in the original thread are valid and I was astonished this was even an issue since I always assumed these where cut by a machine.  If I was you, and you really did this by hand, I would take that as a compliment.
mrbrt

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:32:51 PM

There most certainly is a plague ravaging this "community", but Nubbins is not part of the disease. His work is high quality and he details his processes in a pretty detailed way. He may have been a bit harsh in his assessment of your work, but he even admitted the end result was "beautiful". If you think his commentary is worthy of crucifixion ("I am going to nail Nubbins to the wall"), you are truly in for a rude awakening; maybe save the capital punishment for someone else.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: