Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:04:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multibit question  (Read 786 times)
JarvisTechnology (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:57:55 PM

Can you import private keys from electrum to Multibit? I'm considering making the move from electrum to Multibit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:05:02 PM

Can you import private keys from electrum to Multibit? I'm considering making the move from electrum to Multibit.

Easiest way is always just transfer the coins to the new wallet with new addresses.
Why hassle with old private keys?
The only reason I can come up with is that you have some vanity addresses you would like to reuse.
Of course don't delete the old wallet, just put it somewhere safe.
JarvisTechnology (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:07:14 PM

Easiest way is always just transfer the coins to the new wallet with new addresses.
The only reason I can come up with is that you have some vanity addresses you would like to reuse.

It is a vanity address which I would be using but I guess I can always generate another with the same prefix thanks for the help.

findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:12:39 PM

It is a vanity address which I would be using but I guess I can always generate another with the same prefix thanks for the help.

Well, I did not say it was impossible, there still might be way to convert.
But if you have a short prefix it would not cost too much effort to generate a new one.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: