Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:33:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: True market reaction defined  (Read 1508 times)
ivyleague1985 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:58:29 AM

When we are talking about market reaction, we are narrowly minded to consider coins on the exchanges only.

Actually, coins on the exchange are just a minor portion of the entire pie and it suffers from severe manipulation.

To me, the true market reaction is that "if the large amount of coins off the exchanges are being sold by early adopters or not".

So far the answer is NO. And that is the most important market reaction we should keep in mind.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deine mudder

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:42:34 AM

When we are talking about market reaction, we are narrowly minded to consider coins on the exchanges only.

Actually, coins on the exchange are just a minor portion of the entire pie and it suffers from severe manipulation.

To me, the true market reaction is that "if the large amount of coins off the exchanges are being sold by early adopters or not".

So far the answer is NO. And that is the most important market reaction we should keep in mind.

Once they dump their bags on the exchanges and abandon Bitcoin for something better ... the small people are left holding the bag.
GÜNther.Danish

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 06:29:53 AM

No trading No harm
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 08:49:21 AM

Once they dump their bags on the exchanges and abandon Bitcoin for something better ... the small people are left holding the bag.

I am starting to see a lot of people going on about "bag holders" on the forum. As if they are all reading from the same script.

My theory: most bought last December-January, and are upset Bitcoin lost over 70% of its' value.

I still think it will go over $10,000 per coin. No idea if it will be anytime soon though.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 10:02:08 AM

And that is a good observation pointed out. I would like to believe that there is no panic selling taking place and the early adopters are definitely holding on to their coins. The drop is supposedly caused by those who held on to small amounts of bitcoins, most probably by miners dumping their stash where the sellers are trying to undercut each others' price and brought it lower.

B.A.S.

Activity: 420
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:26:08 PM

I am starting to see a lot of people going on about "bag holders" on the forum. As if they are all reading from the same script.

My theory: most bought last December-January, and are upset Bitcoin lost over 70% of its' value.

I still think it will go over $10,000 per coin. No idea if it will be anytime soon though.

^This

What we have on this forum is a bunch of butthurt 20-somethings who "invested" some cash (or credit) just after the ATH in 2013 was reached looking to get rich. The price will climb once more, I'm just not sure everyone "invested" has the luxury of waiting.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:31:05 PM

... coins on the exchange are just a minor portion of the entire pie ...

Let me guess--you're buying BTC off-exchange at double the price?  To be that clever Roll Eyes
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:35:59 PM

^This

What we have on this forum is a bunch of butthurt 20-somethings who "invested" some cash (or credit) just after the ATH in 2013 was reached looking to get rich. The price will climb once more, I'm just not sure everyone "invested" has the luxury of waiting.

Thats 99% of the problem people wanting to get rich quick. Of course it did not help when the idiot media jumped on and pumped it up. It got people who dont have the know how let alone sense to understand BTC.

I think those of us who were in BTC back before the last bubble came, understand what can happen. I think most of us just shrug it off as "whateva" and go along and keep grabbing BTC ... more so now at these prices.

Not worried one bit.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:41:41 PM

Best idea ever, use your money to invest in the next best scam coin or pump'n'dump.

But they aren't all like that, you say... Well good luck with that then, you should remember the thing with the bag for future reference to yourself though...

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
freebit13

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 08:07:21 PM

I'm not sure how exactly how you would measure that, but there was quite a spike in bitcoin days destroyed over Dec/Jan, which could have been "early adopter coins" being sold off or moved on to exchanges or something like that... just a thought.

https://blockchain.info/charts/bitcoin-days-destroyed

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
mlferro

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:38:15 AM

Let me guess--you're buying BTC off-exchange at double the price?  To be that clever Roll Eyes
as well, I did not understand. How can buying BTC off-exchange?

jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:43:45 AM

by not using exchange to buy?

Like person to person, like you buy stuff in store?

freebit13

Activity: 616

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 05:57:22 AM

Localbitcoins.com... it's peer-to-peer.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
caga

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 09:48:53 AM

No trading No harm
How will people buy bitcoins then ?

okthen

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 02:01:30 AM

I don't think you can call coins in exchanges a minor portion, and they affect the price people buy and sell them even off trading platforms.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 05:04:21 AM

I don't think you can call coins in exchanges a minor portion, and they affect the price people buy and sell them even off trading platforms.

in fact there is no way to know, since bitcoin mining is not world wide regulated.

But I'm sure big miners don't sell their coins on exchange, when there are people that pay a premium for them
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: