Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:33:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Low Down on Ponzi Schemes  (Read 1686 times)
fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 02:10:30 AM

The people defending ponzis will tell you it's a game not a scam because the implied fact you will lose money is part of the gamble.

Also there WILL be 'investors' who know all these facts and still want to double their holdings overnight, ignoring everything they know.

As I read somewhere on this forum, the world never runs out of fools.

Those "investors" deserve to lose money because of silly and greedy. Tongue
sorryforthat

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 02:19:48 AM

Very nice bit of info. Love a good post that I can take something away from. The sad truth about bitcoin ponzis or the ones that we have seen more recently is that they blatantly call it a Ponzi and everyone goes in with that knowledge from the start.
michinzx

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 03:36:35 AM

Wow, $65 Billion... This shows how easy it is to fool anyone [...]

What amazes me is that the biggest scammer of them all was former chairman of NASDAQ and he survived 6 SEC investigations.

people still cant see that those schemes are the same as these ponzis popping up looking for "investors"
DoubleTrouble

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 03:39:59 AM

I still think some of the ponzi games such as what are being run at the moment in the gambling section should be allowed.. xD

gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 06:41:33 AM

I still think some of the ponzi games such as what are being run at the moment in the gambling section should be allowed.. xD

Agreed... But not at the cost of harming people's investments, their hard earned BTC...
I know that ponzi's ponzi, and in the end, it's the people who will lose their investment, and it may sound silly, but ponzis must be allowed based on the betterment and upgrade they will add into them so that instead of more people lose, more people gain... Here, the more people gain the better... Wink

Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 08:03:31 AM

At least the ponzis here say that they are ponz(well, at least the ones in gambling section). I think your post would be good in the cloud mining section, if we had one.

And I never thought someone would be able to ponzy $65 B(!) and escape 6 SEC investigations.
lumen

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 08:30:44 AM

lots if poinzi thread  in gambling section can mods make extra sub form in games and round section poinzi = scam

♦  Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com  ♦   ♦  Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets  ♦    ♦  Provably Fair  ♦ 
sandy47bt

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 08:51:03 AM

How about PBMining ?
I bet they already stole at least 2000BTC too

Even there are many losses, people still join ponzi even they understand the risk
Stratobitz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 10:34:26 AM

The people defending ponzis will tell you it's a game not a scam because the implied fact you will lose money is part of the gamble.

Also there WILL be 'investors' who know all these facts and still want to double their holdings overnight, ignoring everything they know.

As I read somewhere on this forum, the world never runs out of fools.
Some gamblers will know the risks of "investing" in these schemes, however most do not. Also the gamblers that do know the risks do not know when exactly when the operators of such schemes will run away with gamblers' money.

At the end of the day these ponzis are only giving bitcoin a bad name and are unfair to players. I think I am going to stick with provably fair sites for now Wink

A Ponzi is not a game. Ponzi's are a type of "Fraud".  Fraud is a crime. Calling a crime by another name does not eliminate the crime. I could say we're going to go play a game called "Robbing Banks".... well I'm sure you get my point. Wink

Strato
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 05:31:21 PM

THIS IMAGE IN EVERY PONZI THREAD

GO GO GO
that is a great idea. I will post the link to this thread in every new ponzi scheme, so that people can read about it.

this space is intentionally left blank
dsyahputera

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 03:44:28 PM

Um, how about threat the people so they didn't want to make any ponzi? People make ponzi because they want to fraud the investors, don't just ban their account, but threat them!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: