Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:25:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't detect wi-fi  (Read 508 times)
iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:54:18 PM

So, I'm moving upstairs, so my PC needs to be moved too

I was connected using cables (to my router), however, wireless connection was always on, I could (and still can) connect to it over my phone

but since my PC doesn't have an internal network adapter, I bought one over eBay..

It's this model to be specific

I got 2 actually and one of these

Win7 doesn't autoinstall any drivers at all, for the devices

the last one didn't even come with a driver

the first one did, I installed it, seems to be called REALTEK USB Wireless LAN Utility

However, once installed

I go to control panel to check the device, it says unknown device, no driver installed

I tried manually adding the Realtek path but no success

any help?  Undecided

I wanted to post this in tech support but it would be too off-topic since it isn't bitcoin related

Looking for a signature campaign.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:04:51 PM

Is your firmware on the network updated? post precise computer specs.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:08:03 PM

Maybe it's the police, sitting out in their cruiser by your house, using their new radar that can see through walls to jam you signals. You might be lucky your computer boots up at all - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=930124.0.

Grin

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:17:59 PM

Is your firmware on the network updated? post precise computer specs.

Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit, SP1

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo E 8500 @ 3.16 GHz

4 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6570

As I said, I tried updating the drivers, however nothing is found
Win I usually do not update, sometimes but rarely

poisenrang

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:44:15 PM

So, I'm moving upstairs, so my PC needs to be moved too

I was connected using cables (to my router), however, wireless connection was always on, I could (and still can) connect to it over my phone

but since my PC doesn't have an internal network adapter, I bought one over eBay..

It's this model to be specific

I got 2 actually and one of these

Win7 doesn't autoinstall any drivers at all, for the devices

the last one didn't even come with a driver

the first one did, I installed it, seems to be called REALTEK USB Wireless LAN Utility

However, once installed

I go to control panel to check the device, it says unknown device, no driver installed

I tried manually adding the Realtek path but no success

any help?  Undecided

I wanted to post this in tech support but it would be too off-topic since it isn't bitcoin related

i got a 300mbps internal network adapter, WORKS REALLY GOOD!

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:47:36 PM

i got a 300mbps internal network adapter, WORKS REALLY GOOD!

I really don't want to wait a month until a new one arrives

just need help to get this up and running Cheesy

thompete

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:58:09 PM

Try with another laptop to make sure it isn't a problem with your hardware. If it doesn't work, then router's the problem.

iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:43:05 PM

Try with another laptop to make sure it isn't a problem with your hardware. If it doesn't work, then router's the problem.

how come?

the router works fine

I can connect to the wi-fi using my phone

don't own another laptop  Undecided

tahirkareem

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 11:01:45 AM

You need to update your WIFI Adapter driver.You can search for the driver by searching for the model that you have or use a driver Installation Utility like "SysTweak Advanced Driver Updater Utility". Search for a torrent for that Utility and install it,then it will automatically detect which drivers are outdated and needs to be updated.
TheStopLossMan

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 11:06:17 AM

Maybe it's the police, sitting out in their cruiser by your house, using their new radar that can see through walls to jam you signals. You might be lucky your computer boots up at all - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=930124.0.

Grin
This forum would be much better if people like you stopped coming back in here.
@OP, if nothing helped you so far, i'd recommend you to re-install your OS. been in the same situation, i was able to fix the issue by re-installing my OS
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 04:44:50 PM

I had the same problem recently. Try Auslogic Reg Cleaner it's free. Look it up on Google.
iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 04:18:55 PM

I have downloaded this driver

http://www.mediatek.com/en/downloads/usb/

everything works now Smiley

however, every now and then the internet crashes (works fine when connecting over my phone)

and I use windows sharing and networking center to automatically fix issues, every time the issue is the same

it says - The dafault gateway is not available - Fixed

it starts working, but it's extremly annoying having to do this every couple of minutes or so

anyone knows what's up  Undecided

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: