Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:56:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some charting analisys around Bitcoin  (Read 649 times)
unsoindovo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:36:44 PM

hi guys!
recently i discovered this page on bitcoin talk

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats.

at the bottom, i can see a nice bitcointalk stats...

so i normalize all the data series reporting values from 0 to 100.
i use this formula

valueNorm=(value-MIN(series))/(MAX(series)-MIN(series))*100

then i add the normalized value for bitcoin price and total transaction number.
i get data series from https://www.quandl.com/c/markets/bitcoin-data

how we can see all series are falling down following bitcoin value.
seems really a negative situation...
but one serie is positive..

if you look at Num transaction you can see they are at the max of the series...

how do you explain this???

maybe, luckly, this parameter gives us hope for a future bitcoin prices reverse

and i add... i hope ASAP!!!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wickedgoodtrader

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:20:37 PM

The transaction number can easily be manipulated higher by someone sending to themselves. Most likely to make people think BTC is being adopted more then it is and hoping to get the price up. Doesn't seem to be working.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:30:14 PM

The transaction number can easily be manipulated higher by someone sending to themselves. Most likely to make people think BTC is being adopted more then it is and hoping to get the price up. Doesn't seem to be working.

Maybe but there is still a cost to do that.

unsoindovo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:44:43 PM

Maybe but there is still a cost to do that.

i agree the cost to do this could be higest than re return!!!

expeciallt now with bitcoin price that stuck on 200$/210$

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
General_A

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:50:11 PM

I think new members is the one to gauge for true sentiment. It looks like both new members and bitcoin searches on Google are bottoming out which to me suggests this price range is an organic one Tongue

unsoindovo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:57:47 PM

I think new members is the one to gauge for true sentiment. It looks like both new members and bitcoin searches on Google are bottoming out which to me suggests this price range is an organic one Tongue

can you tell me you to get the "bitCoin goole search" stat month by month,
so i can add to chart?

thanks...

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 06:25:44 PM

There's also the idiots spamming the blockchain. Anyone remembers that Laxo Trade 0.000001 BTC shit?
General_A

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:05:01 PM

can you tell me you to get the "bitCoin goole search" stat month by month,
so i can add to chart?

thanks...
I don't know quite how to do it month by month. But here is the link for overall: http://www.google.co.uk/trends/explore#q=bitcoin

I have a imgr here too - https://i.imgur.com/lQ2uKqf.png

General_A

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:08:16 PM

The graph between Google trends and new BTC talk members topics is awfully similar though.  

unsoindovo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 11:08:43 AM

There's also the idiots spamming the blockchain. Anyone remembers that Laxo Trade 0.000001 BTC shit?

i think it is not possible...
the chart talk about confirmed transaction!

if you put low transaction fee...
the transaction aren't taken by miners,
and remain unconfirmed for 48/78H....
then, after this lapse of time, the transaction will be deleted and the tx amount come back to the original address...

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 11:17:35 AM

Number of transactions doesn't tell us everything. It could be misleading if someone was transferring funds between his own accounts

findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 11:26:15 AM

Well bitcointalk is not the only forum about bitcoin.
The blockchain is unique, this forum is not.
That's why there is divergence
unsoindovo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 11:26:59 AM

Number of transactions doesn't tell us everything. It could be misleading if someone was transferring funds between his own accounts

sure!

but he/she will pay anyway transaction fee!!!
remember.
transaction fee are for miners remunerate for sure...
but they are where they are,
to secure network from spamming transaction too

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
unsoindovo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 11:29:30 AM

i agree...

but there are other forum with at least 400.000 users???

i think no...

and i think the sum all other forums do not reach this number!

but if there are somebody who can post all bitcoin forum ranked by users will be appreciated!!!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 11:36:06 AM

i agree...

i think no...
but if there are somebody who can post all bitcoin forum ranked by users will be appreciated!!!

I think it is about active users. There are no 400.000 active users on this forum if 400.000 is the total value.
Also, this forum was the only place to get your information. Now you can find more places.
Youtube, twitter, google, etc.
unsoindovo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 11:54:46 AM

i agree...

i think no...

I think it is about active users. There are no 400.000 active users on this forum if 400.000 is the total value.
Also, this forum was the only place to get your information. Now you can find more places.
Youtube, twitter, google, etc.

do you know other forums who talk about bitcoin and have stats???

i found the way to get some little statistics by reddit..

http://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoin/about/traffic

this are not global statistics but just for bitcoin subdir....
so it could be intended like a subset of bitcointalk data...

but if you look at the chart below, the behaviour it is the same of bitcointalk...

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: