Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:18:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what 40 GH/s could get daily?  (Read 3858 times)
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 09:51:15 PM

I ordered a single from BFL just the other day. Just received the wire/bank transfer instructions.  After reading on here it really makes me hesitant to follow through with the payment because I really have no idea on what kind of daily return this thing could get. Is there anyone out there that could take a guess on what the approximate daily BTC payout the new single would get? If i'm only going to get a few dollars then this "hobby" i wanted to try may not be worth it at all. Seems like the same story, you have to have big money to begin with to make  big money. Only the real large rigs will ever make money and not let the little guy have a piece.  Rich getting richer, poorer getting poorer.  Smiley

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
psilan

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 09:53:15 PM

Rich getting richer, poorer getting poorer.  Smiley

Gotta be in it to win it.

dip
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 10:07:15 PM

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 10:09:51 PM

This better gonna be a troll.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 10:14:28 PM

I ordered a single from BFL just the other day. Just received the wire/bank transfer instructions.  After reading on here it really makes me hesitant to follow through with the payment because I really have no idea on what kind of daily return this thing could get. Is there anyone out there that could take a guess on what the approximate daily BTC payout the new single would get? If i'm only going to get a few dollars then this "hobby" i wanted to try may not be worth it at all. Seems like the same story, you have to have big money to begin with to make  big money. Only the real large rigs will ever make money and not let the little guy have a piece.  Rich getting richer, poorer getting poorer.  Smiley
1TH/s costs $30,000
40GH/s costs $1,300

$30,000 / 1TH/s = $30/GH/s
$1,300 / 40GH/s = $32.5/GH/s

It's NOT a big difference on ROI comparing the large machines to the little ones.
ice_chill

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 11:20:41 PM

Did you want to spend $1.5k and make $1.5mil ? Grin
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 11:23:41 PM

First world problems.

silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 11:58:46 PM

Did you want to spend $1.5k and make $1.5mil ? Grin

That sounds like a good deal!! Wink
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 12:15:25 AM

;DIn circuitboard layout a "mil" is 1/1000!
kibblesnbits

Activity: 557

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 02:28:13 AM

Rich getting richer, poorer getting poorer.  Smiley

Gotta be in it to win it.

Opentoe: the only winning move for you is not to play.

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 02:55:18 AM

There are so many greedy people out there that HATE to see new people jump in on this mining stuff cause it does cut into their profits. You can't hide making money programs forever and there are bound to be many more people jumping on the bandwagon as word gets out there more. It is quite strange though the type of feedback I have ever gotten on here. All the feedback/responses I have ever received were all of the bullish, sarcastic, negative type. Doesn't surprise me. When you mix anything to do with money you are certain to expect the "best" of people.  Smiley  Hey, I guess no one ever started out as a new user here and never had questions. They just popped out of the womb with their mining rig in hand, tracking BTC prices. Get laid more often, it does help people!

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 02:58:54 AM

There are so many greedy people out there that HATE to see new people jump in on this mining stuff cause it does cut into their profits. You can't hide making money programs forever and there are bound to be many more people jumping on the bandwagon as word gets out there more. It is quite strange though the type of feedback I have ever gotten on here. All the feedback/responses I have ever received were all of the bullish, sarcastic, negative type. Doesn't surprise me. When you mix anything to do with money you are certain to expect the "best" of people.  Smiley  Hey, I guess no one ever started out as a new user here and never had questions. They just popped out of the womb with their mining rig in hand, tracking BTC prices. Get laid more often, it does help people!

The problem is that the profitability is completely unknown. There are wild estimates all over the place, you would probably stumble on a few if you had a peek round the mining speculation section. No one really knows whether the price will go up or down, and although the consensus is that the difficulty will go up, it is unknown how much and how fast this will happen. Therefore, it is all but impossible to calculate returns. I would suggest that you break out a few calculators and your crystal ball.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 03:03:19 AM

The problem is that the profitability is completely unknown. There are wild estimates all over the place, you would probably stumble on a few if you had a peek round the mining speculation section. No one really knows whether the price will go up or down, and although the consensus is that the difficulty will go up, it is unknown how much and how fast this will happen. Therefore, it is all but impossible to calculate returns. I would suggest that you break out a few calculators and your crystal ball.

Noted. Since nothing is in stone and really no one knows anything there sure are lots of people with already preconceived notions on what will happen. I guess these are the mind readers with working crystal balls. The last time I used my crystal ball I was in Atlantic City - NJ losing money. Ha.

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 03:12:51 AM

Noted. Since nothing is in stone and really no one knows anything there sure are lots of people with already preconceived notions on what will happen. I guess these are the mind readers with working crystal balls. The last time I used my crystal ball I was in Atlantic City - NJ losing money. Ha.

That's not to say that you can't get an idea of future profitability, it just requires more work and more math and more complex models than most people are accustomed to using. The number of unknowns make it difficult to build a good risk/reward model to go off of.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
kibblesnbits

Activity: 557

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 03:13:11 AM

There are so many greedy people out there that HATE to see new people jump in on this mining stuff cause it does cut into their profits.

We all started as newbs.  You draw a lot of the negative feedback yourself (at least from me) with comments like the "rich get rich, poor get poorer" garbage.  People with capital take risks.  You honestly expect to make as much money as someone like gigavps (who probably has 100x the amount invested in BTC)?   It's clear that you're in this for a quick buck - and that's it.  No questions about supporting Bitcoin or improving it, its "wherez my free moneeyz."

Your $1,300 investment won't arrive until October (if your lucky).  I suggested in my earlier post that you get out of the game now - its not a get-rich-quick scheme.  

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 04:44:34 AM

You draw a lot of the negative feedback yourself (at least from me) with comments like the "rich get rich, poor get poorer" garbage.
Exactly this.

You can't expect to make the same amount as a guy who invests $30,000.  That would be completely asinine.  The poor only get poorer if they make poor decisions.  Which, most of them do, which is why they are poor.  I hate it when people state cliches like that.  If you want to be rich, then work at it, and become rich!  There isn't anything stopping you but yourself.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 06:39:08 AM

Have you ever sold on eBay?  Ever have to deal with a scammer on the crime syndicate know as eBay/Paypal.  I've only lost about $200 to those 2 horrible companies and if I don't ever see myself breaking even I would be happy if Bitcoin becomes that much more secure as a result of the distribution of ASIC.  Yes I am disappointed I can no longer get unlimited free high end video cards but having an alternative to Paypal to me is worth more than the $1350 (now almost $1500 USD with the BTC price increase) I shelled out for a SC Single.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 02:21:33 PM

Wow - who had preconceived notions exactly?

I just can't believe you would ask this question AFTER ordering. It just proves that you can't trust anyone to do due diligence, and in a zero sum game, people who make poorly informed decisions can really screw up any kind of predictions you're making. So ironically, you are the answer to your own question.

Anyone who mines (-especially- anyone who puts themselves into a position where they have to mine indefinitely to pay off their unresearched investment) is helping strengthen the security of the network. So no one who truly believes in bitcoin will begrudge any miner their network reward, even the other miners who are getting less. Full steam ahead!

ice_chill

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 02:47:06 PM

what 40 GH/s could get daily?

Today, enough to buy a pack of pork sausages,

In 1 year's time, hardly enough to buy a bean.
dave3

Activity: 344

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 03:54:52 PM

I've got a pair of BFL Singles that run at a combined 1.6 GH and I make about 1 BTC per day from them total.

I'd expect 40 GH would get about 25 BTC per day today.

After ASICs have been out for awhile (6 months?) I'd guess 40 GH could produce about 1 BTC per day, since the cost of the 40 GH BFL SC Single is about the same as my pair of 800 MH Singles.

In other words, I'm thinking that the cost of the mining equipment will correlate to the amount of coins mined.

Nobody knows for sure, though.  Just a guess.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: