Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:59:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea on hosting your miners opinions please  (Read 1168 times)
AJPOM1 (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 06:31:46 PM

I work for a company that buys alot of empty buildings to redevelop. We have just bought and old bank with a server room and new air-con fitted. These buildings get left empty for a long time while we get planning etc. We also fit renewable energy e.g. pv panels. Im thinking of an idea to put my miners in there to get them out my house and was wondering if its worth setting something up to host other peoples miners and split the earnings. I want to keep it simple so that its easy for both parties concerned and obviously would make sure insurance etc are in place. Let me know your opinions ideas etc
Bitcoin Games

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 06:43:01 PM

I work for a company that buys alot of empty buildings to redevelop. We have just bought and old bank with a server room and new air-con fitted. These buildings get left empty for a long time while we get planning etc. We also fit renewable energy e.g. pv panels. Im thinking of an idea to put my miners in there to get them out my house and was wondering if its worth setting something up to host other peoples miners and split the earnings. I want to keep it simple so that its easy for both parties concerned and obviously would make sure insurance etc are in place. Let me know your opinions ideas etc

You might wanna list the location and for how long the space is available and what's the benefit. Really cheap?
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 06:44:05 PM

It's a good idea, as long as you actually host the miners and keep them. You may want to showcase the room and the size, you would rarely find an individual to host their miner as of the difficulty. If the server room is big enough, you may be open to hosting for large corporations.

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
AJPOM1 (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:08:09 PM

The location is in yorkshire uk. I would do it for 6 months then review it as things change with planning etc. I was thinking a percentage of your miners earnings to keep it simple. In response to Crackedlogic yes i would host them and keep them for as long as i had the building. I will upload some pictures tomorrow of the building
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:11:52 PM

The location is in yorkshire uk. I would do it for 6 months then review it as things change with planning etc. I was thinking a percentage of your miners earnings to keep it simple. In response to Crackedlogic yes i would host them and keep them for as long as i had the building. I will upload some pictures tomorrow of the building

It sounds like your company owns the building, who will be paying the power bill and the internet bill?  I highly doubt your company would be happy about a couple hundred to few thousand dollar power bill.  Doesn't UK have pretty high power rates anyway? (like in the 20 to 30 cents USD)??

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
AJPOM1 (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:21:59 PM

Yes my company does own the building. We have a renewable energy side to the business so it wouldn't be a problem to put pv panels up for the electric and and various other options. The energy prices are high here but I'm sure there must be people mining in the uk paying it that want a better return that i could offer with renewable energy options. Our yard is full of inverters and pv panels we have taken down.We often put people in these buildings for free to keep them safe and the heat on so that they don't get damaged. Like i said I'm not looking large scale just an idea for people to send there miners split the earnings to put towards the costs.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:44:46 PM

Yes my company does own the building. We have a renewable energy side to the business so it wouldn't be a problem to put pv panels up for the electric and and various other options. The energy prices are high here but I'm sure there must be people mining in the uk paying it that want a better return that i could offer with renewable energy options. Our yard is full of inverters and pv panels we have taken down.We often put people in these buildings for free to keep them safe and the heat on so that they don't get damaged. Like i said I'm not looking large scale just an idea for people to send there miners split the earnings to put towards the costs.

Fair enough, it sounds like you have installed solar panels before and operations like this.  What is the average amount of power draw that you can get out of the solar panels you put on a roof?

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 05:54:49 PM

There could be interest, but you'd need to work out some costings first.

UK power is silly expensive at around $0.23 and there is no hardware available at the moment that is profitable to run at those rates, so the solar stuff would have to save a significant amount off that to make both the machines and your operation profitable.

If you come up with some figures let me know.

AJPOM1 (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 06:53:50 PM

It would depend on how many panels i put on the roof to how many kw i get from it. 4 panels generates around 4kw. Theres also an option to sell back to the grid but i don't think there would be much excess to make that worth while. I have been round the building today my boss thinks its ok to run 10kw of heating day and night to keep the building warm and dry I'm sure a few of my miners will sort that out  Grin. In response to TIGGGGER your right i need to get some prices, pictures etc together to get people interested. is this in the right section ?. I don't want to go large scale with this just simple and straight forward for all involved  Wink
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 06:28:15 AM

It would depend on how many panels i put on the roof to how many kw i get from it. 4 panels generates around 4kw. Theres also an option to sell back to the grid but i don't think there would be much excess to make that worth while. I have been round the building today my boss thinks its ok to run 10kw of heating day and night to keep the building warm and dry I'm sure a few of my miners will sort that out  Grin. In response to TIGGGGER your right i need to get some prices, pictures etc together to get people interested. is this in the right section ?. I don't want to go large scale with this just simple and straight forward for all involved  Wink

Hey if there is excess, sell back, you can cover your costs quicker.

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
AJPOM1 (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 05:41:13 PM

Might look into the feed in tariff its been knocked down but got to be worth a look. Can someone give me an idea where i need to be on prices so i can get some figures together to see if its worth doing ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: