Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:02:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Coins - "Bullion Not Bits" Anti-BTC coins $3.50  (Read 619 times)
snarlpill (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 01:25:33 PM

Hey everybody,

I stumbled across some of these a while ago and thought they were interesting as I am personally into both Precious Metal bullion and Bitcoin. The makers of the coin however seem to not be big fans of Bitcoin, basically saying that PMs are a real investment while Bitcoin is not. Personally I thought that was funny, because I like Bitcoin and it has definitely outperformed copper (which the coins are made of) so far as an investment vehicle and currency.

The obverse features a scale with Bitcoin (or representation of) on one side, and a US Silver Eagle coin, one of the most widely recognized silver bullion coins in the world, on the other side. The "Bullion" side is weighed down much further, representing PM bullion as a heavier/more solid investment than Bitcoin. At the top is stamped "Bullion Not Bits" and at the bottom- "Safety In Numbers".

The reverse features a fist rising above a shield and family with the words "Protect The Future" at the top and "Real Metal" "Real Value" at the bottom. It is also stamped- "1 Oz. AVDP .999 Copper" indicating its material, purity, and weight.

This is the 6th and final release of a 6 coin series, "Safety In Numbers" depicting preparation for future disasters, or when the "Shit Hits The Fan (SHTF)" scenarios as some preppers like to call it. Here is an official statement regarding the series:
"Future survival could depend on actions taken today. The question is not "will the wheels fall off?" but "when the wheels do fall off, how badly off are we?" No one knows the answers to these questions, however though leaders and conservative practitioners are preparing for multiple outcomes. Our path is "Safety in Numbers" and the long term practice of preparing now to be ready for a future that could look radically different from the way it is today."

And here is the official statement regarding the 6th coin "Bullion Not Bits":
"Bullion Not Bits: When it's time to bug out are you going to depend on your electric car to get you there? Baby, when the lights go out, the Internet goes out, and what does that mean?  Bitcoins vanish like they never even existed. And it doesn't have to get that crazy,  Chinese hackers attack American infrastructure, military, utilities and economic centers on a daily basis. Who knows how secure Bitcoins really are?  They’re created by anonymous masterminds. Is there a backdoor in the software? Do their Minions have a plan to empty the coffers? Is there a virus to delete all the ownership records? Bullion in a secure and accessible location is a whole lot more useful than a bunch of bits and bytes."
(^ A bit paranoid, conspiratorial, and ignorant, I know)

Even though these coins somewhat shit on Bitcoin in their message, I thought they were still cool to grab a couple of- as a reminder of the early days of Bitcoin still and because I like nearly all Bitcoin-related coins. I also enjoy PM bullion as I've said, and even though I'm a strong supporter of Bitcoin, it is interesting to see other opinions. Obviously many of you on here may not share my view on this and might not want any part of this coin, and that's understandable. That's your opinion- which you're entitled to.

Here are some pictures:
(Maybe too many but I finally have access to a nice camera and I'm going to be starting a new eBay store soon, so extra pictures can't hurt)

Price:
$3.50/ per coin

I currently have 19 of these

Shipping:
$3/ per US order, no matter how many

$5/ per International order, but would prob. have to adjust slightly higher if buying more coins/weight (I'm really aiming to be affordable for worldwide members though)

Payment Address:
1Cmy8TyXrG5WHEGaE7po6U9YJBjueYGGus

To Order:
Take the listed BTC value for $3.50 x number of coins you want to purchase, then add in either $3 or $5 for shipping (depending on location). Current adjusted market rates are listed above next to the $USD figures. Send the total amount for your order to the Bitcoin address listed above, then post your transaction id here in the thread (or PM for privacy), and PM me your shipping details. I should have all orders shipped out same day, but within 1 day guaranteed.

Escrow is of course accepted if desired.

I also have a few of these listed on eBay if you're not wanting to spend your BTC while the price is lower. Just PM or post if interested in that and I'll get you the link.

iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 02:03:07 PM

I will take ZERO (0) of these.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
snarlpill (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 03:10:41 PM

That's understandable. Like I said, I found it interesting to see a different perspective on things and see Bitcoin mentioned either way, even if it was bad. They say there's no such thing as bad publicity, and by mentioning BTC on their coin it will surely get an amount of outsiders looking into Bitcoin and learning about it.

I'm hopefully going to be selling many different PM coins & bullion bars, as well as some copper rounds & physical Bitcoins on the new eBay account I created. I have a good little variety to get started but I've been trying to stock up on more coins recently for this purpose. These were some of the copper rounds I picked up recently to sell and just figured I would see if anybody here was weirdly interested in them like I was since they are BTC-related. No damage intended.

My next listing on eBay is going to be for '2' 1/2 oz. Silver Mexican Libertad coins if anybody would be interested in purchasing them for BTC on here instead, let me know.

josef2000

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Bro, you need to try http://dadice.com

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 03:14:43 PM

Why do you want btc when you are agaignst it?!

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
snarlpill (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 03:34:55 PM

Why do you want btc when you are agaignst it?!

I'm not against Bitcoin. I am pro-Bitcoin and pro-Precious Metals. I will be selling PM bullion, coins, and physical Bitcoins from my eBay store. Some other odd people on BitcoinTalk, such as myself, may also find this coin interesting. Possibly someone looking through PM bullion on my eBay store would see this coin and my physical Bitcoins and be motivated to learn more, who knows.

Even though these coins somewhat shit on Bitcoin in their message, I thought they were still cool to grab a couple of- as a reminder of the early days of Bitcoin still and because I like nearly all Bitcoin-related coins. I also enjoy PM bullion as I've said, and even though I'm a strong supporter of Bitcoin, it is interesting to see other opinions. Obviously many of you on here may not share my view on this and might not want any part of this coin, and that's understandable. That's your opinion- which you're entitled to.

elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1137

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 06:08:37 PM

Id like one. pm me Smiley

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1137

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 03:28:00 AM

received my coin. it is quite nice!

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: