Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:40:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-01-23] Nasdaq.com: Big Wall Street Players Investing in Bitcoin Startup  (Read 811 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 01:44:10 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2015, 06:42:32 PM by LiteCoinGuy

Big Wall Street Players Investing in Bitcoin Startup

One thing we know about Wall Street types is that they all fear missing out on the next hot trend. And as the Bitcoin venture capitalists like to point out, Bitcoin technology will likely be as disruptive as the Internet was 20 years ago.

So now that the New York Stock Exchange and Vikram Pandit are investing in Bitcoin, a lot of Wall Street antennae are going up.

The amount of Wall Street money invested in Bitcoin will snowball in 2015. The boost from this new source of capital will cause total investment in Bitcoin to double or even triple again this year.

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/big-wall-street-players-investing-in-bitcoin-startup-cm435611

exciting times  Smiley

indiemax

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 02:45:45 PM

really?  i'd like to think so but not seen enough evidence yet of real involvement in buying
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 1304

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 03:26:53 PM

really?  i'd like to think so but not seen enough evidence yet of real involvement in buying

Buying bitcoin is not the same as venture capital investing in bitcoin.  Coinbase raised $75 million this week for example, but that was for development not purchasing bitcoin.

Wall Street VC focused interest in addition to Silicon Valley VC interest is a good thing.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 03:34:30 PM

Buying bitcoin is not the same as venture capital investing in bitcoin.  Coinbase raised $75 million this week for example, but that was for development not purchasing bitcoin.

Wall Street VC focused interest in addition to Silicon Valley VC interest is a good thing.

Exactly, there are sooooo man more ways to invest in bitcoin other than buying bitcoin.

Sure, buying bitcoin tends to be a first step, and likely a logical one before moving on to the next steps, but it's not the only step.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
ujka

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 03:55:47 PM

Involment in buying bitcoin?
How would only buying bitcoin help bitcoin, in long term?
SirWilliam

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 05:23:27 PM

Big Wall Street Players Investing in Bitcoin Startup

One thing we know about Wall Street types is that they all fear missing out on the next hot trend. And as the Bitcoin venture capitalists like to point out, Bitcoin technology will likely be as disruptive as the Internet was 20 years ago.

So now that the New York Stock Exchange and Vikram Pandit are investing in Bitcoin, a lot of Wall Street antennae are going up.

The amount of Wall Street money invested in Bitcoin will snowball in 2015. The boost from this new source of capital will cause total investment in Bitcoin to double or even triple again this year.

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/big-wall-street-players-investing-in-bitcoin-startup-cm435611

exiting times  Smiley

LOL I am happy about this news and I do think these are exciting times but that is a CLASSIC Freudian slip my man, Smiley. EXITING TIMES!
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 06:42:21 PM

You've got me there  Cheesy

-----------

@indiemax

when you take a look at the bigger picture, the outlook for BTC was never better!

seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 07:08:53 PM

what a retard, where did it say about buying?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: