Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:56:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Rbox  (Read 1015 times)
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 02:35:25 PM

Bought it about a week and a bit ago just arrived yesterday Cheesy.

GREAT miner for the hobby miner!!

It's been mining for about 14 hours now.  Bought it just as a toy really I already have 2 S3's and 1 S1.  The plan is for it to replace my S1 for alt coin minig as I want to keep the coin I like secure.. or attempt to keep it secure.  Which I believe should be the main purpose of a miner.

Anyways anyone else have the New rbox? 

Would you buy the New "New rbox" if they made one?
rptech1402

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 02:45:49 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2015, 03:17:55 PM by rptech1402

Bought it about a week and a bit ago just arrived yesterday Cheesy.

GREAT miner for the hobby miner!!

It's been mining for about 14 hours now.  Bought it just as a toy really I already have 2 S3's and 1 S1.  The plan is for it to replace my S1 for alt coin minig as I want to keep the coin I like secure.. or attempt to keep it secure.  Which I believe should be the main purpose of a miner.

Anyways anyone else have the New rbox?  

Would you buy the New "New rbox" if they made one?

Hey Dude,

I've delved into home mining for the pure fact that i'm loosing faith in these cloud mining companies.

Bought my two this month and their both running like clockwork hashing @ 122GH/s each at solo.antpool.com.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2ljm4nn.jpg

My only desire is that rock miner will produce a r-box that will use half the power consumption per GH/s other than that i'm going to keep buying.

Waiting on stock to arrive at the euro distribution centre and i'm going to order two more.

I am currently considering building up a small Antminer S5 farm but not sure yet.

I'm using a Raspberry Pi B+ as the controller obviously running Minera (Best management dashboard i've found).

Cheers

---
Ross
RockMinerOops

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 02:50:13 PM

I've got two new r boxes tgat have never hashed(I have no psu), that I'd sell cheap. Bought them not realizing psu was not included. 

Or if someone has a psu that will work and they can help me hook up that works too.  I'm computer dumb .
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 02:59:59 PM

I've got two new r boxes tgat have never hashed(I have no psu), that I'd sell cheap. Bought them not realizing psu was not included. 

Or if someone has a psu that will work and they can help me hook up that works too.  I'm computer dumb .

Use kijiji man!! These do not require much power..  Buy a couple cheap PSUs for $10 each. 

Just look into the 12Vdc current rating each line will need 10Amps or more.

Shit even most computer stores have old school power supplies for cheap.
RockMinerOops

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 03:42:02 PM

Can I hook them up to one supply?

And do I have to do anything special?  I prob am over complicating this.
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 03:54:24 PM

Eyeboot has a great youtube video on how to se them up.

You can connect two units to one powersupply if it can handle the current.

Voltage * current = Power

12Volts * current = 130 Watts.

I get 130 watts as the unit is rated for 1gh/w and it maxes out around 130Ghash so we want to use the max power draw to figure out what power supply you want.

Current = 130/12

Current = 10.8 Amps

Thus you want to look at the power supply and it will show on the side how much current the 12Vdc "rail" can handle it must be greater than 11 amps. 

DO NOT ASSUME BECAUSE THE POWERSUPPLY IS RATED FOR 250 WATTS THAT IT CAN SUPPORT BOTH UNITS.
Meech

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 04:02:23 PM

This may help you out.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=820214
You will need a raspberry pi or I prefer to use a netbook for the low power consumption.
Fun and low cost to run but mining btc, neah!  Try mining an alt sha256 coin and trading.
Although trading altcoins has been stale this year, it is fun to learn how to and make
small gains. 
Best of Luck! Grin
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 04:07:29 PM

I got one of these. I like the fact that it was around the hobby price mark (80$ on amazon). Sure, its close to 1 watt / ghash, but at that price point its ok. Eventually I'll get an sp20 (once they bring it down to a reasonable price, what with the recent crash of BTC/USD).

My only complaint about the new R box is the noise. I ended up removing the guts of the R box from the metal frame and making a foam shroud with a nice 120 mm silencio fan. Now the thing hashes away in my living room.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
rptech1402

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 05:44:18 PM

I got one of these. I like the fact that it was around the hobby price mark (80$ on amazon). Sure, its close to 1 watt / ghash, but at that price point its ok. Eventually I'll get an sp20 (once they bring it down to a reasonable price, what with the recent crash of BTC/USD).

My only complaint about the new R box is the noise. I ended up removing the guts of the R box from the metal frame and making a foam shroud with a nice 120 mm silencio fan. Now the thing hashes away in my living room.

I totally agree with your comments. Very nicely priced for the hobby miner.

These little things are noisy.

I've spoken with Alex via Skype and he said there is a new 100GH/s miner due out soon.

Hopefully we will have a R-Box with less power consumption per GH/s.

As I've said I'm debating setting up my own mini S5 farm maybe about five or so but going to wait and see where the price is heading. I'd love to have an SP20 but wish it was cheaper.

Anyways happy hashing lol.

Cheers

---
Ross
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 06:02:48 PM

I don't mind the nosie but on the same page I LOVE sleeping with that sound soo... you can't really take my opinion. I find the S3 louder but again that doesn't mean any thing lol.

OOH I would 100% be a buyer of a R-Box 3.  No big order probabbly two if they are 100ghs and sub 80 watt power draw.
RockMinerOops

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 06:30:48 PM

I don't mind the nosie but on the same page I LOVE sleeping with that sound soo... you can't really take my opinion. I find the S3 louder but again that doesn't mean any thing lol.

OOH I would 100% be a buyer of a R-Box 3.  No big order probabbly two if they are 100ghs and sub 80 watt power draw.
Buy my 2 New RBoxes for cheap? 
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 07:00:15 PM

I already have 1 of those..  I live in Canada the shipping might be a lot. 

I wouldn't buy without an escrow.. :S.. and that just gets complicated.  I also don't really need anymore mining gear, the Rbox purchase was so I can shut down my S1 and continue to secure the alt coin I like.

I meant if they made another R-box with newer chips I'd buy a couple of those.
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 07:07:37 PM

how much you offerin to sell? If you package them well, you could pull the boards out of those metal boxes. Its the metal case thats heavy. The actual circuitry is light .

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
RockMinerOops

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 10:04:53 PM

Make offer and cover shipping. I'm fine with any trusted escrow.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: