Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:56:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tomatocage is trust abuser/lier  (Read 3977 times)
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 03:38:04 AM

I am still noob to Trust thing.
First

Why can't i see his profile like this , it didn't appeared red flagged to me untill i gave him neg rep , and even now it just shows
   -6: -1 / +0(0)
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!

how exactly does this Trust works ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:44:22 AM

First

Why can't i see his profile like this , it didn't appeared red flagged to me untill i gave him neg rep , and even now it just shows
   -6: -1 / +0(0)
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!

Go here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust

Check who is in your trust list. Put in only DefaultTrust to see the default setting that most people see, though I don't recommend using that and recommend adding/removing people who leave accurate/inaccurate feedback.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 03:51:25 AM

Here's how it works:

When someone scams another person, the victim can make themselves feel better by leaving the scammer Negative trust.

That forces the scammer to make or buy a new account for their next scam.  It's harsh, but fair.

To better their scamming abilities, creative scammers can make multiple accounts and give themselves Positive trust.

This is all highly ironic because if a reliable trust system was possible, we wouldn't need Bitcoin (which ingeniously replaced the unworkable, Byzantine trust schemes with proof of work).

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 04:12:54 AM

Go here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust

Check who is in your trust list. Put in only DefaultTrust to see the default setting that most people see, though I don't recommend using that and recommend adding/removing people who leave accurate/inaccurate feedback.

Thanks man! got it right now Smiley

Here's how it works:

When someone scams another person, the victim can make themselves feel better by leaving the scammer Negative trust.

That forces the scammer to make or buy a new account for their next scam.  It's harsh, but fair.

To better their scamming abilities, creative scammers can make multiple accounts and give themselves Positive trust.

This is all highly ironic because if a reliable trust system was possible, we wouldn't need Bitcoin (which ingeniously replaced the unworkable, Byzantine trust schemes with proof of work).

Yeah... you're certainly right about that all
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 11:15:11 AM

Here's how it works:

That forces the scammer to make or buy a new account for their next scam.  It's harsh, but fair.

The system helps make good decisions, you can see how left the trust rating so if it's newbies and unknown traders you take it into account.
chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 11:38:10 AM

Here's how it works:

The system helps make good decisions, you can see how left the trust rating so if it's newbies and unknown traders you take it into account.

Yes actually i was busy since i joined so haven't been looking into all this, had a trade with a guy in start and thus added him in trusted feedback, Just got to know all about it , i can actually see the world better now Wink
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:19:37 PM

Here's how it works:

Yes actually i was busy since i joined so haven't been looking into all this, had a trade with a guy in start and thus added him in trusted feedback, Just got to know all about it , i can actually see the world better now Wink

Trusted feedback needs to be done by trusted members to be valuable feedback. You have to consider the experience of the member too : if he is an hero with positive feedback or a Senior Member that is doing a lot of trades and their password have not been changed recently (you see that on his trust rating page) you can quite safely send first up to 0.3.
For bigger trades, use an escrow or make multiple trades of 0.3
chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 03:29:12 PM

Here's how it works:

Trusted feedback needs to be done by trusted members to be valuable feedback. You have to consider the experience of the member too : if he is an hero with positive feedback or a Senior Member that is doing a lot of trades and their password have not been changed recently (you see that on his trust rating page) you can quite safely send first up to 0.3.
For bigger trades, use an escrow or make multiple trades of 0.3

Yeah thanks... am good with trades and all
Just this Trust thing was confusing me since i didn't had defaultrust , now i changed my settings to defaulttrust and all is good Smiley
zinjo

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

DIVERGENT OTC MARKET FOR DISTINCTIVE ASSETS!

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:21:46 PM

I don't get why you gave me negative trust?
I never dealed with you nor i don't even know who you are.

▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄          Innovative Derivatives Exchange     ▄ █ ▄     as.exchange     ▄ █ ▄     Earn Above Market Effortlessly          ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄          BTC 31%, YOU EARN 63%   |   BTC 5%, YOU COULD SECURE RETURNS          ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀
▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄      //    0% Withdrawal & Deposit Fees    //    0% Trading Fees for First 10,000 Users    //    NO KYC    //      ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:24:22 PM

Maybe you are wrong, Tomatocage has not left you a negative trust. Maybe try to check again Wink.
zinjo

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

DIVERGENT OTC MARKET FOR DISTINCTIVE ASSETS!

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:26:15 PM

Maybe you are wrong, Tomatocage has not left you a negative trust. Maybe try to check again Wink.
Talking about OP who made this thread -_-

▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄          Innovative Derivatives Exchange     ▄ █ ▄     as.exchange     ▄ █ ▄     Earn Above Market Effortlessly          ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄          BTC 31%, YOU EARN 63%   |   BTC 5%, YOU COULD SECURE RETURNS          ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀
▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄      //    0% Withdrawal & Deposit Fees    //    0% Trading Fees for First 10,000 Users    //    NO KYC    //      ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:33:08 PM

Talking about OP who made this thread -_-

You should quote his post  Roll Eyes , I thought you were referring to Tomatocage (however I'm sorry).
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: